Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, gnrjanus said:

No he didn't. He evaded the question. 

not what i would call "evade".

s.o. asked him:" did you record new music with gn'r for the upcoming tour?" and fortus replied: "when we tour, we play the music live."

well, of course - as it's fortus - you can take this with a shitload of salt, as anytime when he's talking about new music, but... hm, well....

Edited by ZODIAC

6 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

not what i would call "evade".

s.o. asked him:" did you record new music with gn'r for the upcoming tour?" and fortus replied: "when we tour, we play the music live."

well, of course - as it's fortus - you can take this with a shitload of salt, as anytime when he's talking about new music, but... hm, well....

That doesn't mean anything.

People apart from the holy trinity should stop giving interviews, because this is seriously frustrating. 

Aka from "we've got two – no, wait – that's four records coming this year" all the way to "when we tour, we play the music live".
What? 

Edited by jamillos

• 2 weeks later...

How can you not hear this news and feel like 80's music just took a hit?

Julie E. “Tawny” Kitaen, who famously appeared in several music videos for the rock group Whitesnake in the ‘80s, has died. The Orange County, Calif. coroner’s office, which listed her as Tawny Finley, stated that she died at her home in Newport Beach on Friday morning, but a cause of death has not been revealed. She was 59.

• 1 month later...

Why would Axl be in a rush to release an album, when

A.) He's a perfectionist 

B) He'll be working with others and the whole project will have to come together as a codified body of work that everyone is happy with 

C) The last album he released got critically panned 

8 hours ago, Nice Boy said:

A.) He's a perfectionist 

B) He'll be working with others and the whole project will have to come together as a codified body of work that everyone is happy with 

He's clearly not in a rush, but on point 3, Chinese Democracy wasn't critically panned. It received generally favourable reviews. Of course, the same cannot be said commercially.

• Like 4

On 7/2/2021 at 12:32 AM, Nice Boy said:

A.) He's a perfectionist 

You have to be in a rush for releasing more than one record of original music in 30 years?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

the other day i saw a fanmade  gnr tribute evader kinda like and i hit me, they take away that look from us, the lovevly perspective of a fanbase that made tributes, subs, recopilation, multicams , they take that magic and since that  happend i doesn t feel the vibe, "la epica"  

• Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 4:24 PM, Pele said:

The nonsense about him being a perfectionist needs to be put to bed.

He released an album with Scraped and Riad on it.

He's just released Silkworms as a single.

He's not a perfectionist.  He's lazy and unmotivated and has a tiny body of work to pull from, hence the constant reworking of poor to average demos.

Post of the week right here..

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Post of the week right here..

Yeah, one could be forgiven in the early 2000’s for buying into that mystique that was encouraged/marketed by people to cover for inactivity and continuous unnecessary bullshit…18-20 years later and you’d have to be a fool. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 7:32 PM, Nice Boy said:

A.) He's a perfectionist 

Well… he CLEARLY isn’t in a rush but he might want to release the album while he can still tour

On 8/8/2021 at 10:24 PM, Pele said:

He's not a perfectionist.  He's lazy and unmotivated and has a tiny body of work to pull from, hence the constant reworking of poor to average demos.

Being a perfectionist says nothing about the quality of the work that's being polished and re-polished. 

• Like 2

On 8/8/2021 at 4:24 PM, Pele said:

Plus Absurd shows us he’s good to put shot out quick (not a bad thing). Slash probably spent a matter of days on that tops and then they’re like “good to go”

• Like 1

Great news everybody!!

I had a dream last night that the chili peppers played their first full concert with John Frusciante back in the band and it was on the radio. 

The first song they played?? Hardschool!!!

Sounded pretty good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

On 8/21/2021 at 7:04 AM, DK6 said:

Great news everybody!!

I had a dream last night that the chili peppers played their first full concert with John Frusciante back in the band and it was on the radio. 

The first song they played?? Hardschool!!!

Sounded pretty good.

Although this sounds Absurd, I can't wait to hear their new record with John. 

• Like 1