Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/8/2021 at 5:24 PM, Pele said:

The nonsense about him being a perfectionist needs to be put to bed.

He released an album with Scraped and Riad on it.

He's just released Silkworms as a single.

He's not a perfectionist.  He's lazy and unmotivated and has a tiny body of work to pull from, hence the constant reworking of poor to average demos.

as much as I love Riad and don't dislike Scraped, I couldn't agree more

https://we.tl/t-ymw8XwwCNl

this is the video of them rehearsing Hard Skool that was on Meegan's IG story for at least 2 hours last night

Edit: it was 2 sections of story.. 30 seconds or so with audio and video of the hardschool breakdown/ bridge. Mods delete if not allowed. Accidentally had a rehearsal with studio vox up.. sorry. This is meegans video

Edited by Pskihq92
Add stuff/ wrong link/ update link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2021 at 10:24 PM, Pele said:

The nonsense about him being a perfectionist needs to be put to bed.

He released an album with Scraped and Riad on it.

He's just released Silkworms as a single.

He's not a perfectionist.  He's lazy and unmotivated and has a tiny body of work to pull from, hence the constant reworking of poor to average demos.

Looks more like you don't like those songs and you don't know how to make an argument about it. Or you just troll.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NicoRourke said:

Looks more like you don't like those songs and you don't know how to make an argument about it. Or you just troll.

I don't troll.

The thought of a 'perfectionist' releasing an album with songs Sun 41 and Avril Levine would be embarrassed of is nonsense.

Some of the album is fantastic but it's not the work of a perfectionist.

2 hours ago, Pele said:

I don't troll.

The thought of a 'perfectionist' releasing an album with songs Sun 41 and Avril Levine would be embarrassed of is nonsense.

Some of the album is fantastic but it's not the work of a perfectionist.

Seems to me like you associate perfectionism with creating something beautiful. The second is subjective and the first applies only to the one doing the work, that will keep on going until satisfaction is reached.

2 minutes ago, NicoRourke said:

Seems to me like you associate perfectionism with creating something beautiful. The second is subjective and the first applies only to the one doing the work, that will keep on going until satisfaction is reached.

Scraped, Silkworms, OMG, Riad, Atlas Shrugged, Eye on You etc are utterly appalling and not the work of a perfectionist.

It's the work of a guy at a complete standstill creatively throwing shit at a wall and trying to create something.

1 minute ago, Pele said:

Scraped, Silkworms, OMG, Riad, Atlas Shrugged, Eye on You etc are utterly appalling and not the work of a perfectionist.

It's the work of a guy at a complete standstill creatively throwing shit at a wall and trying to create something.

You keep going with the same argument, I'm starting to think you don't get it.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, NicoRourke said:

You keep going with the same argument, I'm starting to think you don't get it.

No I do understand.  He can simultaneously be a perfectionist and release awful songs as the quality of the songs themselves are subjective.

However awful songs, poor but and pastes, spelling errors in linear notes, performing out of shape and out of breath and employing DJ Ashba suggest he's as far away as a perfectionist than is humanly possible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pele said:

No I do understand.  He can simultaneously be a perfectionist and release awful songs as the quality of the songs themselves are subjective.

However awful songs, poor but and pastes, spelling errors in linear notes, performing out of shape and out of breath and employing DJ Ashba suggest he's as far away as a perfectionist than is humanly possible. 

The perfectionist label was something others have said, I don't think Axl himself has said that.

Either way please stop saying the same stuff ad nauseum. It's gotten really boring now, we get it, okay?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pele said:

OMG was proclaimed a demo by Axl. Perfectionism is about an individual’s approach to his/her art or product, not about whether or not the audience likes it. And he’s not a robot, there’s no such thing as 100% perfectionism or whatever. As for the other songs, most of them are 20-year old demos, so judging them and making any conclusions in this regard is pure nonsense. 
Plus, there may be tons of other stuff, this is just Village demos (or rather a part thereof) 1999–2001. We know basically nothing about Axl’s private creativity, current or past. What we do know is that CD 2 was supposed to come a few years after CD, but then the reunion happened. 
You keep repeating the same "argument", but again, your liking or not liking of a song (let alone a decades old demo created by god knows who) has nothing to do with whether or not someone is a perfectionist. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

OMG was proclaimed a demo by Axl. Perfectionism is about an individual’s approach to his/her art or product, not about whether or not the audience likes it. And he’s not a robot, there’s no such thing as 100% perfectionism or whatever. As for the other songs, most of them are 20-year old demos, so judging them and making any conclusions in this regard is pure nonsense. 
Plus, there may be tons of other stuff, this is just Village demos (or rather a part thereof) 1999–2001. We know basically nothing about Axl’s private creativity, current or past. What we do know is that CD 2 was supposed to come a few years after CD, but then the reunion happened. 
You keep repeating the same "argument", but again, your liking or not liking of a song (let alone a decades old demo created by god knows who) has nothing to do with whether or not someone is a perfectionist. 

You're right - poor songs don't necessarily prove he isn't a perfectionist.

I'm aware Axl says OMG was a demo, after it was received poorly on release.  Why a 'perfectionist' would release a poor song in demo form as the long awaited comeback song beats me.

CD2 was going to come after CD but then the reunion happened?  The reunion happened a decade later.  It's my opinion CD2 didn't come because he didn't complete the work.  I still don't think he's completed the work, which is why we got Silkworms.

There may be tons of other stuff?  There may be.  I keep saying it.  If there is, you'll be right.  If the album comes out with the tracks I suspect - I'll be right.

Let's wait and see.

10 hours ago, Pele said:

I'm aware Axl says OMG was a demo, after it was received poorly on release.  Why a 'perfectionist' would release a poor song in demo form as the long awaited comeback song beats me.

CD2 was going to come after CD but then the reunion happened?  The reunion happened a decade later.  It's my opinion CD2 didn't come because he didn't complete the work.  I still don't think he's completed the work, which is why we got Silkworms.

There may be tons of other stuff?  There may be.  I keep saying it.  If there is, you'll be right.  If the album comes out with the tracks I suspect - I'll be right.

Let's wait and see.

The reunion happened 7 years later, but they toured CD for a few years first, let’s not forget that. No sane person could have expected another album just a year after. I think I remember 2012 being mentioned as the year when the sequel was supposed to have been released. Then I heard even a later date. Why it didn’t happen, well, we can speculate. You’re right, though, that Silkworms is a poor choice for the "first single". I expect the upcoming album to contain both this Axl’s stuff and new songs or something that was created by Slash at some point. 
However, I don’t consider Oh My God a poor song; I think it’s one of the best ones from the NuGuns era, but hey, that’s just me. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pele said:

Let's wait and see.

Poor songs in your opinion.

Not in mine or a lot of others! 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Lecae said:

GUNS N'ROSES ROCK IN RIO 2022 🚨🚨🚨

I found this:

https://www.omelete.com.br/rock-in-rio/rock-in-rio-2022-guns-n-roses

And used DeepL to get this:

Guns n' Roses, one of the most successful bands in history, will return to Brazil to perform at Rock in Rio 2022. The information was revealed by José Norberto Flesch, known for reporting firsthand passages of international musicians through the country and news of festivals - check above.

The event takes place on September 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, and 11, 2022, in Rio de Janeiro. This will be the ninth edition, postponed from this year to next because of the new coronavirus pandemic. The 2021 edition of Rock in Rio Lisbon has also been postponed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jamillos said:

I found this:

https://www.omelete.com.br/rock-in-rio/rock-in-rio-2022-guns-n-roses

And used DeepL to get this:

Guns n' Roses, one of the most successful bands in history, will return to Brazil to perform at Rock in Rio 2022. The information was revealed by José Norberto Flesch, known for reporting firsthand passages of international musicians through the country and news of festivals - check above.

The event takes place on September 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, and 11, 2022, in Rio de Janeiro. This will be the ninth edition, postponed from this year to next because of the new coronavirus pandemic. The 2021 edition of Rock in Rio Lisbon has also been postponed.

Yeah, it's true. This guy who reported, José Norberto Flesch, is actually working with some friends now. 

Still, just yesterday the RIR organizers announced Dua Lipa. Better wait for the official confirmation, but it's almost sure the band will be in the lineup.