Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

How fuck they isn't to keep it award to themself  😕

It's probably like Super Bowl rings.  Not only does the team get rings but everybody in the organization including the secretaries get rings.  You can probably look up the owner but it's likely not a band member.  Then again, not all band members finances are created equal.  :lol:  And people steal your shit so it could be a major players.

There's a piece of trivia for you.  Which band member has the most kids?  So much cheaper when you raise them yourself. :lol:

Edited by cineater
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 11:41 PM, cineater said:

https://metalinjection.net/news/guns-n-roses-1989-vma-award-quiet-riots-metal-health-mask-more-up-for-auction

Guns N’ Roses 1989 MTV VMA Moonman awarded to the band for Best Heavy Metal Video for “Sweet Child O’ Mine” is up for auction.

I was just thinking the other day that I'd love to get an old VMA or Grammy or something for my music room. I don't need a GN'R one. Just some inexpensive artist like Vanilla Ice or something would be fine lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, cineater said:

While we're gossiping.  :lol:  https://www.metalcastle.net/who-is-the-richest-guns-n-roses-member-axl-rose-slash-duff-mckagan-dizzy-reed-net-worth-in-2021/

I think they are probably guessing.  Seems kind of low.  Needless to say they don't have to do this, must love what they do.

If Dizzy Reed is worth $40 million dollars then I’m a f’ing Buddhist monk. That site and Celebrity Net Worth (don’t understand how these clickbait sites would accurately know any of these #s unless credibly reported elsewhere) have Dizzy at that figure…Izzy for comparison is listed at $28 million. There’s no way Izzy is worth less than Dizzy is there? If so they must’ve gave Mr. Reed a hell of a deal the last 5 years touring. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

If Dizzy Reed is worth $40 million dollars then I’m a f’ing Buddhist monk. That site and Celebrity Net Worth (don’t understand how these clickbait sites would accurately know any of these #s unless credibly reported elsewhere) have Dizzy at that figure…Izzy for comparison is listed at $28 million. There’s no way Izzy is worth less than Dizzy is there? If so they must’ve gave Mr. Reed a hell of a deal the last 5 years touring. 

Exactly. Dizzy is probably doing pretty ok, especially after NITL but in the late 90s - 00s he couldn't afford to pay for his daughters dental so Axl paid it... so I don't think since 2006 he's suddenly accumulated 40million. I'd be surprised if Slash has 40million in his bank account ready to spend. Dizzy probably has a nice house that he's all paid up on, but he needs to stay working otherwise his cash would run low after a few years.

With Musicians it's kinda like pro wrestlers, you hope they are making savings and investments so that they can retire and not have to tour when they are Old as fuck against their will. 

• Like 1

I thinking Dizzy is probably going "show me the money".   :lol:  But then again, I am no good at figures like these or what it takes to support the lifestyle that goes along with having that kind of money.  I would have had all that income in investments, moved out of California and been working my ass off the whole time.  Then again, I might have said I have enough and I'm out of here, permanent vacation.  Still would have moved out of California.

I think they've underestimate Duff.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Exactly. Dizzy is probably doing pretty ok, especially after NITL but in the late 90s - 00s he couldn't afford to pay for his daughters dental so Axl paid it... so I don't think since 2006 he's suddenly accumulated 40million. I'd be surprised if Slash has 40million in his bank account ready to spend. Dizzy probably has a nice house that he's all paid up on, but he needs to stay working otherwise his cash would run low after a few years.

With Musicians it's kinda like pro wrestlers, you hope they are making savings and investments so that they can retire and not have to tour when they are Old as fuck against their will. 

I think it was around 2013/14 that his ex wife was seeking donations on Twitter to put their daughter to University. I never knew about the dental shenanigans, it does make me curious to know what sort of crust he was pulling in back when they were trying to get Chinese off the ground in the mid 90's - I would have thought he'd have been well looked after.

Just now, Dean said:

I think it was around 2013/14 that his ex wife was seeking donations on Twitter to put their daughter to University. I never knew about the dental shenanigans, it does make me curious to know what sort of crust he was pulling in back when they were trying to get Chinese off the ground in the mid 90's - I would have thought he'd have been well looked after.

I could be mixing my stories, but I think that was the story Dizzy told to explain Axls friendship/loyalty.

• GNFNR 1

On 10/30/2021 at 11:53 PM, Dean said:

The 'going rate' for session musicians onstage is quite surprisingly low. Not saying he was being laid that of course.....but I wouldn't be surprised if he was, and still is, not getting anywhere near as much money per gig as people would think based on the crowd sizes and ticket prices. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

The 'going rate' for session musicians onstage is quite surprisingly low. Not saying he was being laid that of course.....but I wouldn't be surprised if he was, and still is, not getting anywhere near as much money per gig as people would think based on the crowd sizes and ticket prices. 

He's got that Pinball machine that went for something like $20,000, so he must be doing alright nowadays!

• Haha 1

In comparison:  

Who is the richest singer of all time?
Herb Alpert is an American jazz musician, who became famous as the group notoriously known as Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass. They're also often referred to as Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass or TJB. Alpert has racked up an impressive net worth of $850 million, making him the richest singer in the world.

How does that happen?  One maybe two hits that I know of.  More than Elton John and Mick Jagger.  I don't think the internet knows what it's posting.  :lol:  Imagine that.

Those internet celebrity net worth sites aren’t even close to accurate. Howard Stern often uses these figures to talk to celebrity guests about their net worth and they almost always scoff and say the figure is way off and mostly elevated.

Though one celebrity - I can’t remember who - scoffed and said “that’s way off - I’ve got a lot more than that!”

• Like 2

22 hours ago, cineater said:

In comparison:  

Who is the richest singer of all time?
Herb Alpert is an American jazz musician, who became famous as the group notoriously known as Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass. They're also often referred to as Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass or TJB. Alpert has racked up an impressive net worth of $850 million, making him the richest singer in the world.

How does that happen?  One maybe two hits that I know of.  More than Elton John and Mick Jagger.  I don't think the internet knows what it's posting.  :lol:  Imagine that.

Interesting.. I have a couple of his old Vinyls upstairs in my scarp heap.. Maybe I will give one a listen now out of curiosity hah

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, RochelleRochelle said:

So Del posted a picture tagged from a cat Cafe in Indiana. 🤔 Does he have Indiana connections outside of Axl?  No one goes to Indiana for fun, just sayin

What?  I did and found the people were nice.  Just don't speed through Terre Haute on Saturday mornings, always a speed trap.  I didn't think Del was a cat person for some reason.  Does he have cats?

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 9:49 AM, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Those internet celebrity net worth sites aren’t even close to accurate. Howard Stern often uses these figures to talk to celebrity guests about their net worth and they almost always scoff and say the figure is way off and mostly elevated.

Though one celebrity - I can’t remember who - scoffed and said “that’s way off - I’ve got a lot more than that!”

I feel like Gene Simmons would say this.

37 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXh3T7mj_j3/?utm_medium=copy_link

I hope I'm allowed to post something like this.

That's from the summer where we were speculating what he does at Rick Rubin's Studio.

Based on this short clip it's the best I've heard Slash play in a long time.

cool clip. Slash sounds good. Best I've heard recently imo is his solo spot with Guns from Charlotte 25/9/2019. It's on youtube, check it out. Slash switches like 5 gears on that one. Amazing.

Edited by Rovim

On 12/16/2021 at 9:06 PM, Free Bird said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXh3T7mj_j3/?utm_medium=copy_link

I hope I'm allowed to post something like this.

That's from the summer where we were speculating what he does at Rick Rubin's Studio.

Based on this short clip it's the best I've heard Slash play in a long time.

That was some fantastic guitar work on Slash's end there, nice

• Like 1