Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

12 minutes ago, mystery said:

I think it was early 2010s when DJ Ashba and Bumblefoot were in the band. There's pics of him in New York then so I'm sure he stayed there a few times.

"Best tenant ever" as he apparently never stayed but always paid :P

https://www.vulture.com/2013/12/what-happened-when-axl-rose-rented-my-apartment.html

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/6/2022 at 12:38 AM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Was watching a special on Charles Manson and the murders and they showed how Manson became an icon to some people and there was Axl wearing his Charles Manson shirt. lol Oh boy. 

The best Charles Manson documentary I've seen is ''The Final Words'' from 2017, which debunks a lot of the myths about Manson.

Edited by EvanG

On 1/5/2022 at 5:48 PM, mystery said:

Axl seemed to be in a big Charles Manson phase in 1993 because he wore those shirts way too many times and recorded that cover for the TSI which created a shitstorm for the band like One in a Million a few years before.

ye;ah, not sure why? I mean Manson was a crazy cult leader who used sex and drugs to lure people into his shit.

I know Marilyn Manson picked his name for Marilyn Monroe and Charles Manson, but I can't see anyone thinking this guy had any good qualities.

And I'm sick and tired of how they had a tough childhood. Manson learned at an early age how to manipulate and use people and finally get them to murder for him. Sick son of a bitch.

6 hours ago, EvanG said:

The best Charles Manson documentary I've seen is ''The Final Words'' from 2017, which debunks a lot of the myths about Manson.

I saw his funeral given by one of his sons and he thinks all those horrible things his dad did was made up by the news people. Talk about denial. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I saw his funeral given by one of his sons and he thinks all those horrible things his dad did was made up by the news people. Talk about denial. 

I think it's possible that the whole ''murdering hippie cult leader'' image and the race war stuff was partly made up by the DA to get him convicted, because Manson never killed anyone, and the media ran with that because it's a good story, but he obviously wasn't innocent either and he belonged in prison.

59 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

I was lurking around like I always do, and I found this, is it michelle from the song?

Naa, the song is about Michelle Young, this lady is a different one. Not too familiar with the allegations other than that they differ from book to book about what happened.

2 hours ago, Fanboy said:

I was lurking around like I always do, and I found this, is it michelle from the song?

Yeah this sounds pretty bad, not gonna lie. The story sounds genuine... Whether things started consensual and then escalated is something only the two of them know but this is very disappointing.

In no world would Axls lawyers allow him to make a public apology about this now though, even though the statue of limitations is up. A private apology and pay out would be one step forward. 

I don't know anything about this story outside of the books and I watched the video expecting it to be a BS story looking for fame, but it sounds convincing. Slash and Duff come off quite poorly too.

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This story has been discussed in detail before and the lady has posted on here, too:

https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/222459-raz-cue-an-open-letter-to-duff-mckagan/

Thanks this is interesting. Their accounts are quite, quite different. I wonder if sober Slash would tell the sane story 🤔 

If the story isn't true she risks serious legal troubles from a very litigious band, so I hope she knows what's she's doing.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=search&v=1149460355861176&external_log_id=90c1748f-edcb-461d-b07f-b434dd14b3bf&q=richard fortus

Richard has a new t-shirt.

Dizzy is featured in a coffee table book put out by Jägermeister.  There's a joke there, on top of the table instead of under it, but it's too early in the morning to work that out.  Defer to the band to laugh that one over.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Manfisman said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ2GGurJAhJ/

what the hell is this

I think sometime in 2020 there was an unofficial GNR movie being made by the BBC or some network like that. There was a thread on here when they were looking for actors to portray the band. This instagram clip could be related to that?