Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On November 4, 2016 at 11:42 PM, Top-Hatted One said:

I'm sure the plane makes them feel important again to their peers, wives, kids and such. It's a new found ego boost that they can revel in now that they are all sober. And probably a huge middle finger to Izzy

I think it would be cool if in return izzy posts pics of his gnr skateboard

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

His wife is an argie apparently.

Once Adler woke up to find she was not there only to discover she had invaded The Falklands.

Joke! Don't blame me, (I'm not responsible for the things I say).

Triggered

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

thats quite to contrast to Del James whose having a melt down :lol: 

i wonder who Axl wanted for humor sake. i see some real parallels between him and Donald however i got this suspicion Axl would hate him.

Donald seems to be a pretty big fan of him though

omg too funny! :lol:

5 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

i wonder who Axl wanted for humor sake. i see some real parallels between him and Donald however i got this suspicion Axl would hate him.

Axl has said that he usually leans Democrat

10 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

This is the most hilarious thing I've read all day! :rofl-lol:

Lol that tweet is funny.

Axl said he didnt really vote but liked Obama in 2012. I doubt he likes Trump. I know Richard, Duff, and Melissa dislike Trump

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

yeah..nice way to talk about others...

the irony...

Its DJ dude. Who are you?

6 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Is this real? 

yeah

Trump also said Axl was the Donald Trump of Rockers :lol: 

---

Doug Goldstein remembered his classic Trump story during an appearance on the Talking Metal podcast. “We’re playing five shows at Madison Square Garden in 1992. I hear, ‘Is Doug Goldstein around?’ I look, and it’s Donald Trump,” recalled Goldstein. “I said, ‘Yeah, this is Doug Goldstein.’ He said, ‘Can you make a pass for me?’ I said, ‘Yeah sure.’ So, being quizzical, I said, ‘Why are you here?’ He said, ‘I want to meet the Donald Trump of rock and roll.’ I said, ‘I give up.’ He said, ‘You know Doug, when you’re an underdog, everybody puts you to the top. Press, your fans, and once you get to the top, they jerk your ass back to the ground. That’s what Axl Rose is.’ So I introduced Axl to him after the show.”

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, -W.A.R- said:

yeah

he also Axl was the Donald Trump of Rock :lol: 

---

The manager tells Talking Metal podcast: "We're playing five shows at Madison Square Garden in 1992. 

"I hear, 'Is Doug Goldstein around?' I look, and it's Donald Trump. I said, 'Yeah, this is Doug Goldstein.'

"He said, 'Can you make a pass for me?' I said, 'Yeah sure.' So, being quizzical, I said, 'Why are you here?'

"He said, 'I want to meet the Donald Trump of rock 'n' roll.' I said, 'I give up.' 

"He said, 'You know Doug, when you're an underdog, everybody puts you to the top. 

"Press, your fans, and once you get to the top, they jerk your ass back to the ground. That's what Axl Rose is.' So I introduced Axl to him after the show.

Yeah that one about 'the Donald Trump of rock n roll' I knew :facepalm: But the tweet, wow, I agree with Trump on something, didn't see that coming...

googling Axl Rose Trump has been a interesting rabbit hole :lol: 

this is from New York Magazine Aug 17 1992 

iKQBalT.jpg

however if this below is true this may be the answer 

On my way down from Boston to the convention Sunday night, I made a brief detour to the ass-end of the GNR afterparty in New York, held at Club Never Never on 14th Street, which featured appearances by actor/comedians Maya Rudolph, Jordan Peele, and Dean Winters. Axl, swaddled inside a human hive of models, made time to briefly chat with fans and sign autographs, grinning ear to ear, before heading back to his bus, which was equipped with a stripper pole, champagne, and, naturally, more models. This was clearly not the raucous rocker the liberal mainstream music media has been lying to you about, and that point was only driven home harder as the subject of Republican nominee and Twitter savant Donald Trump came up. 

Attending a Guns N' Roses concert some 25 years ago, Trump gushed to Rose, "You're like the Donald Trump of rockers!" A curious and apparently unwelcome comparison from the spoiled son of a high-rise Hitler to a man who had grown from the humble soil of Indiana into one of the most iconic and wealthy musicians of all time, thanks to hard work and determination, which are apparently mere buzzwords to Trump L'Orange.