Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, qwerty123 said:

I was totally into the Conspirators stuff before the reunion...but now that Axl and Slash are getting along and the whole world knows GNR is back together, HOW can you possibly go back to anything else?   No matter where Axl and Slash go from gnr, it’s a downgrade.

...unless y’all are right and Axl truly will never release new music 

I don't think it's a matter of GNR or no GNR for Slash there. It's just filling up time that GNR is inactive, he said in tons of interviews he's not the kind to just sit around and always wants to tour or record. Since GNR is not doing anything there he's finally gonna record those songs that were ready 2 years ago already. In reality it doesn't matter if Slash does this SMKC record or not in terms of GNR, either he sits around or tours/records that. Has no real effect since it's during downtime.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, qwerty123 said:

I was totally into the Conspirators stuff before the reunion...but now that Axl and Slash are getting along and the whole world knows GNR is back together, HOW can you possibly go back to anything else?   No matter where Axl and Slash go from gnr, it’s a downgrade.

...unless y’all are right and Axl truly will never release new music 

This is exactly how I felt but the last couple months of the tour have actually made me look forward to the Conspirators again.  They are a much tighter band and play the Guns tunes better that Guns do.  Not a huge fan of Myles but he sounds good on some of the SMKC stuff.   In a perfect world I wish we could just plug Axl into the Conspirators.. If we  were to hear more from Gn'R in the future  I would love to hear an album like WOF with Axl on vocals.. I doubt we would be that lucky with the current Gn'R lineup...

9 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

This is exactly how I felt but the last couple months of the tour have actually made me look forward to the Conspirators again.  They are a much tighter band and play the Guns tunes better that Guns do.  Not a huge fan of Myles but he sounds good on some of the SMKC stuff.   In a perfect world I wish we could just plug Axl into the Conspirators.. If we  were to hear more from Gn'R in the future  I would love to hear an album like WOF with Axl on vocals.. I doubt we would be that lucky with the current Gn'R lineup...

Maybe Slash just isn't interested in recording a Guns album with the current lineup. He always said before he'd want a GNR reunion to be done the right way with all 5, now he caved in to tour because he regreted never getting the chance to play with GNR sober and knew the fans wanted to see him and Axl again. So those boxes were ticked for him to agree to a tour but it might not be enough for him to want to make an album without Izzy and Steven (or Matt even). Just a thought. Not to mention he's not a fan of having both a keyboardist and synth player in the band (and Franks drums perhaps,lol). I still get the feeling he just agreed to Frank for Axls sake.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Maybe Slash just isn't interested in recording a Guns album with the current lineup. He always said before he'd want a GNR reunion to be done the right way with all 5, now he caved in to tour because he regreted never getting the chance to play with GNR sober and knew the fans wanted to see him and Axl again. So those boxes were ticked for him to agree to a tour but it might not be enough for him to want to make an album without Izzy and Steven (or Matt even). Just a thought. Not to mention he's not a fan of having both a keyboardist and synth player in the band (and Franks drums perhaps,lol). I still get the feeling he just agreed to Frank for Axls sake.

All that went out the window. It appears Slash isn't much more than another yes man at this point... If they were to successfully make another album, that is the only way it will work.. I feel like he has already went against so much that he stood for that he wouldn't have an issue continuing to do so. 

44 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would rather hear Myles than Mickey. I think Myles has a great voice and obviously Slash thinks so too. Yeah he doesn't sound like Axl but who does? He sounds great on all the songs they play. And SMKC is definitely a tighter band and they seem to have better chemistry.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

All that went out the window. It appears Slash isn't much more than another yes man at this point... If they were to successfully make another album, that is the only way it will work.. I feel like he has already went against so much that he stood for that he wouldn't have an issue continuing to do so. 

Well I disagree, I think Slash just really, really very badly wanted to play with GNR again since getting sober and it's been 9 years. So he took that chance and got his thrill. What's the use in making a half baked comeback record with synths and without Izzy, knowing the fans will miss Izzys presence on the songs and Stevens or Matts drumming? Literally 0% of GNR fans would choose Frank to be the drummer and he knows that. Better not to tarnish the legendary GNR legacy instead, Fortus isn't half the songwriter Izzy is and of course theres Dizzy and Melissa in the band. Many reasons for Slash not to record an album like this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Derick said:

The feeling is similar to when you have a glass in your hands and you have in mind that it is a glass of beer and when you are going to drink it is actually a glass of water. Your brain instantly rejects that.  Even if the water was not something bad, you just were not prepared for it, it was not water you wanted to drink at that moment.

Axl/DC, Slash and Myles, Duff and Walking Papers, Melissa and Brian, Dizzy álbum,....All water to me!:shrugs:

I understand you,i have same feeling😡😢😧😦

• Sad 1

I thought Slash & Friends was good, only liked You're A Lie and Anastasia from Apocalyptic Love, but I really liked World On Fire which is why I saw the Conspirators 3 times on that tour.

I think Axl is content to tinker with ChiDem material at home until the end of time, a Conspirators album is the best chance of new Slash music. Maybe one day we'll get a ChiDem II song with some Slash overdubs/solos, who knows.

21 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

I think Slash gonna invite Dizzy (for some piano lulz) and Fortus (Slash doesn't have a rhythm guitarist) for one or two song, because that's gonna create a buzz among Axl's fan and also because both of them were cheap as shit. Slash love money and cheap marketing gimmick doesn't it?

Slash has Seth Rollins on rythm guitar. :lol: