Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

25 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:lol: if you think Axl doesnt "call the shots" in this band then you've been watching a different movie.

He also said this during that conference:

"I just… I do want to put out more music with Guns n' Roses and I don't know if that has to do with Slash or not but underneath Guns n' Roses thing (?) and if he and I write something or if he wants to play on something we have it's like that'd be great."

Axl seems to see Slash as a separate musician who could possibly collaborate with him in a Guns N' Roses album or music but not someone who belongs and is exclusive to the band. And thats exactly what's happening right now. Slash has an album to make with SMKC. GN'R music is not a priority to him right now.

I know but he moved on without Slash one time before :ph34r:

What I said was, it doesn't sound like Axl is calling the shots in that particular scenario.  It seems to me like it's just up in the air and no one is calling the shots.  That was back then of course.  Maybe they've since made a decision in light of the huge success of the tour.

I don't know, from that quote of yours, it seems to me that Axl is unsure of how Slash feels about it all.  Sounds like he wants to do music with Slash (like he says, it'd be great) but he's not sure if Slash will be up for it or not (key phrases, if he and I, if he wants).  Again, this was a year ago, things might have changed since then.

13 minutes ago, Raykugen said:

If Meegan talks so much with the fans about what Slash is doing, why don't anybody ask her when is GnR is releasing new music?

The only thing Meegan has said was during a soundless soundcheck on her livestream, someone asked why we weren't allowed to hear it, and she said, "You'll have to wait to hear new music,"

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 2

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

What I said was, it doesn't sound like Axl is calling the shots in that particular scenario.  It seems to me like it's just up in the air and no one is calling the shots.  That was back then of course.  Maybe they've since made a decision in light of the huge success of the tour.

I don't know, from that quote of yours, it seems to me that Axl is unsure of how Slash feels about it all.  Sounds like he wants to do music with Slash (like he says, it'd be great) but he's not sure if Slash will be up for it or not.  Again, this was a year ago, things might have changed since then.

The only thing Meegan has said was during a soundless soundcheck on her livestream, someone asked why we weren't allowed to hear it, and she said, "You'll have to wait to hear new music,"

i think i remember that, but i think that was probably a cover

15 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It doesn't make sense in any way either that if they are in bad terms they were given seats for a show and THEY WENT TO IT?

Maybe they asked for invitations and they expected better treatment by Axl/TB. Who knows...

----------

About Axl calling the shots: Technically, Axl can release music/tour with whoever and call it GnR, since he owns the name. After the threeunion though, this is not really an option. And I'm pretty sure that Slash, Duff and their managers have much more power and say on the reunion business than many people think.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I don't know, from that quote of yours, it seems to me that Axl is unsure of how Slash feels about it all.  Sounds like he wants to do music with Slash (like he says, it'd be great) but he's not sure if Slash will be up for it or not.  Again, this was a year ago, things might have changed since then.

Axl would be :dance: if Slash said YES to all of his songs and ideas and opinions. But in the end, Slash is a guy who's going to do whatever he wants. Axl has enough proof of that and that Slash has become an icon outside of GN'R. He lost Slash forever. Now all he can afford is having Slash as a featured artist and collaborator.

But Axl is Axl so if Slash is not available then he will probably find someone else or retire to make instrumental music, as he's repeatedly said in more than one ocassion.

The Guns N' Roses brand belongs to Axl and any music from this band is still something that Axl decides to have it released or not.

Just now, Blackstar said:

Maybe they asked for invitations and they expected better treatment by Axl/TB. Who knows...

They asked for invitations to go see the bad guy who's not paying him?

LOL

None of this makes sense. I dont know what DJ is doing. The most plausible scenario right now is that he is just trolling and using his GN'R resume to promote whatever crap he's trying to sell :shrugs:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Slash, Duff and their managers have much more power and say on the reunion business than what people believe.

This.

Axl showing up on time and not walking off stage when something goes wrong was most likely a ground rule set by Slash and Duff. If Axl functioned on this tour the way he did from '01-14, the tour would've fallen apart after the NA leg

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Axl would be :dance: if Slash said YES to all of his songs and ideas and opinions. But in the end, Slash is a guy who's going to do whatever he wants. Axl has enough proof of that and that Slash has become an icon outside of GN'R. He lost Slash forever. Now all he can afford is having Slash as a featured artist and collaborator.

But Axl is Axl so if Slash is not available then he will probably find someone else or retire to make instrumental music, as he's repeatedly said in more than one ocassion.

The Guns N' Roses brand belongs to Axl and any music from this band is still something that Axl decides to have it released or not.

Well, I agree with you there - Slash will do whatever he likes, which is why I don't think Axl 'calls the shots' - not like he used to anyway.  And also why I never believed that Slash and Duff were being 'forced' to play CD songs (that's another thread! LOL). 

But I think they all need each other at this point.

They've got the best of both worlds at the moment.  They're all members of GNR - that's the main gig - but this time round, they've each got the freedom to pursue their side projects without any of the trauma that brought in the past.  Even Axl can pursue a side project now.  

I just hope that it's not with DJ Ashba. <_<

• Like 3

Just now, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Well, I agree with you there - Slash will do whatever he likes, which is why I don't think Axl 'calls the shots' - not like he used to anyway.  And also why I never believed that Slash and Duff were being 'forced' to play CD songs (that's another thread! LOL). 

I think Axl does call the shots because if he didn't then we would have GN'R music in the blink of an eye. Slash and Duff are disciplined and have grown as artists, musicians, etc. Axl not so much.

Axl slow things down with his insecurities and perfectionism.

Things have gone smooth only because Slash and Duff have agreed to do certain things (like playing CD songs), not because they were forced but because they know CD is Axl's soft spot and how much it means to him and they wanted the reunion, so they are flexible people. More flexible than Axl and Duff is smart for business. You know that when you are negotiating something you want you need to be flexible but having a clear goal of what you want.

Not sure about Slash and Duff wanting new music with GN'R. THat's probably a whole different process for them. One thing is touring, they just have to play and be there every night, put on a great show and then go home.

Writing an album is having to deal with the creative process, which can be appalling and exhausting, and having to deal with Axl. That's another price.

In the quote I pasted above and that you emphasize on the "he" refering to Slash being the one who should agree to play or write with him, also check on the way Axl refers to himself as "we".... who the hell is we? :question:

I've noticed Axl using "we" many times when he means the band.... but I really dont know who is WE. I assume it is him and his hired hands and TB.

So that goes to show that Axl sees Slash as an other that is not part of his "We". If he wants to play on something "we have", that'd be great.

Slash is still on the other side of the fence.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

That's my opinion aswell. Maybe not only Axl but Slash himself doesn't know how he feels about it all. I've made countless posts here recently with reasons why Slash wouldn't agree to a GNR album with this lineup and without Izzy. I think he will think it through a bit more before agreeing to anything. He doesn't really have to make a decision while the tour is still on anyway. I hope personally he does not agree and forces something to be worked out with Izzy and maybe also Steven first, because that would make everything better for everyone (except perhaps Axl, lol, he probably loves his Frank and Fortus).

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

On Tuesday, December 05, 2017 at 6:53 PM, Derick said:

I have not seeing a show since my husband played with them in that same Arena a few years ago.We got there at 7 pm since they announced the show was gonna start at 7.30pm and they had no opening band. We were at the Hyde VIP lounge with lots of friends and lots of alcohol. Too bad I don’t drink. It would have probably been more fun that if I did.
In their defense, our table was very far from the stage, that could be the reason why they didn’t transmit me much energy. Only one song touched my heart by bringing me back many special memories and magical moments spent together with Dj when we first met.. “This I Love”. On those notes, I fell in love with the guy

http://accordingtonaty.com/night-out-in-las-vegas-guns-nroses-not-in-this-lifetime-tour/

Is that supposed to be bashing? I mean nothing there suggested the band sucked or anything just that she didn't had the best time being sober in a room full of people drinking. Her being emotional about TIL is also normal, her husband used to play it for a living after all, last but not least she probably has watched hundreds of GN'R shows by now being married to a GN'R guitarist so it doesn't seem strange that she wasn't as excited as us hardcore fans. OverallI don't see this as bashing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

That's my opinion aswell. Maybe not only Axl but Slash himself doesn't know how he feels about it all. I've made countless posts here recently with reasons why Slash wouldn't agree to a GNR album with this lineup and without Izzy. I think he will think it through a bit more before agreeing to anything. He doesn't really have to make a decision while the tour is still on anyway. I hope personally he does not agree and forces something to be worked out with Izzy and maybe also Steven first, because that would make everything better for everyone (except perhaps Axl, lol, he probably loves his Frank and Fortus).

If Slash refuses then Axl will just move on, to a much smaller venue but he will move on. I don't think he brought Fortus and Frank all this way to ditch them on the side of the road, also I doubt Duff would side with Slash in that scenario. But maybe Slash could make a band with Izzy and Steven if he really feels the need to work with them.

Dear William Bruce Bailey  aka  Axl Rose , 

You made one of our biggest dreams come true by getting back with Slash and Duff. You sold out stadiums all over the world. You brought your A game to this tour, and you even got to fill in for fucking AC/DC.     You made your own dream reality, playin' with Angus. The whole world respected and praised you for that. You were always on time, you caused not a single incident like the ones you used to do. You were           always smiling  and having good time on stage with the afroman and the King of Beers , and you gave the people attending , a show to remember.So please, don't screw up on this. Again. Leave DJ Ashba alone.     Rest yourself and your voice for the upcoming European leg , and -well- if you want ,write something on the piano. Slashy won't be busy forever. Thanks.

PS: Stay away from anything Ashba-related. 

Yours sincerely , 

EVERY DAMN LOGICAL PIECE OF HUMAN BEING ON THIS PLANET. :) 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Of he's just fucking with the band and the fans. What I find strange is that he didn't post anything about being to the Vegas show, although he was there; but his wife did, saying how boring GnR were :lol: It makes me think that maybe he has had a fallout with Axl.

He did tweet about it however...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, AlterL said:

Is that supposed to be bashing? I mean nothing there suggested the band sucked or anything just that she didn't had the best time being sober in a room full of people drinking. Her being emotional about TIL is also normal, her husband used to play it for a living after all, last but not least she probably has watched hundreds of GN'R shows by now being married to a GN'R guitarist so it doesn't seem strange that she wasn't as excited as us hardcore fans. OverallI don't see this as bashing.

Errr when did Ashba play the T mobile arena with Guns ?.... Sounds like they went there on a corporate package ticket .....

54 minutes ago, AlterL said:

If Slash refuses then Axl will just move on, to a much smaller venue but he will move on. I don't think he brought Fortus and Frank all this way to ditch them on the side of the road, also I doubt Duff would side with Slash in that scenario. But maybe Slash could make a band with Izzy and Steven if he really feels the need to work with them.

Obviously Slash would only want Izzy or Steven to be involved if it was for GNRs comeback album, not because he just wants to work with them, he has his nice little band with SMKC already. As per Izzys tweet he was offered some sort of part, we don't know if he was supposed to be the main rhythm player but there is of course reason to believe so, and that Fortus just was the one to subsequently take the gig once Izzys deal couldn't be agreed on. I do think Frank was agreed on by both Slash and Duff for Axls sake (and Steven said he only came in to rehearsals in March).

I can see Axl getting rid of Frank and Fortus after this tour because as of now they're just a touring lineup going under the GNR name, nothing is set in stone. It's sort of useless to speculate what's going to happen in regards to the line up but as far as I'm concerned that would be Slashs main gripe when it comes to releasing new material under the GNR name.

22 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Fortus and Frank will be there till the end no way they are going anywhere

Well what's Axl gonna do if Slash doesn't want to record an album with them and just goes on with SMKC then? Either he (Axl) sits at his house and waits a couple years to build up demand for another tour of no new material or..gets nugnr back together which would be suicide. It all really depends on what Slash wants to do because I cant see Axl keeping the GNR name without him anymore

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Well what's Axl gonna do if Slash doesn't want to record an album with them and just goes on with SMKC then? Either he (Axl) sits at his house and waits a couple years to build up demand for another tour of no new material or..gets nugnr back together which would be suicide. It all really depends on what Slash wants to do because I cant see Axl keeping the GNR name without him anymore

Why Slash wouldn't want to record an album with Frank and Fortus? :question:

• Like 1

Why are we assuming Slash didn't want to record with Guns. Picture this scenario,

1/ Slash goes to Rose and says ''let's do an album'' (because that is what bands do).

2/ Rose either goes crazy or starts speaking in evasive gibberish, ''working on thinking about what to do in this regard'', his usual defence mechanism when somebody brings up that bete noir

3/ Slash goes, ''well I'll make something with the conspirators lazy bollocks''

4/ Rose goes, ''well I'll just get Ashba then. He is better than you anyway and has his own brand of water so there''.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Why Slash wouldn't want to record an album with Frank and Fortus? :question:

He used to say all the time he would only do a reunion if all 5 of them were onboard. Now he caved in to do a tour with just 3 of them. Slash really, really badly wanted to play with GNR again since getting sober and it's been 9 years. So he took that chance and got his thrill. What's the use in making a half baked comeback record with synths and without Izzy, knowing the fans will miss Izzys presence on the songs and Stevens or Matts drumming? Literally 0% of GNR fans would choose Frank to be the drummer and he knows that.

Better not to tarnish the legendary GNR legacy instead, and wait it out until perhaps a full reunion is in the cards. It came this far there's no reason it couldn't become even better and get everyone on board. There's no going back for Axl from this point. And Fortus isn't half the songwriter Izzy is, and Slash is used to writing alone (Izzy was one of the few people he could really write with, so how is a crap songwriter like Fortus gonna help make a good GNR record?) and of course theres Dizzy and Melissa in the band, a person responsible for synths mainly. Many reasons for Slash not to record an album like this and wait it out a couple more years.