Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Well what's Axl gonna do if Slash doesn't want to record an album with them and just goes on with SMKC then? Either he (Axl) sits at his house and waits a couple years to build up demand for another tour of no new material or..gets nugnr back together which would be suicide. It all really depends on what Slash wants to do because I cant see Axl keeping the GNR name without him anymore

Axl will do acdc and Slash will be with Myles

We will get album with the NITL line at some stage might no be till 2020-21 but it will happen I'd put my house on it

• Like 2

For almost 20 years of Slash solo era, he keep Steven away as far as possible, only collaborating on at least three song, why the fuck people think he suddenly want Steven back is bamboozling me.

He didn't even fight for Matt, his regular drummer and one of his biggest cronies, let alone Steven.

Tarnished legacy what kind of bullshit is that, the legacy has been tarnished long time ago for god sake.

He hate synths? LOL. They had a fucking CHANCE to ditch the 2nd keyboard position when Pitman out, yet he was agree with Melissa recruitment.

Of course he will do that fucking handstand of happiness the moment Axl ask him for recording song with Fortus and Frank.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Agreed, they won't leave without a fight.

We all have different ideas who we want but Axl not gonna give them the arse a specially after "Fortus has been with GNR for 19years" as Axl told us all tour

3 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Axl will do acdc and Slash will be with Myles

We will get album with the NITL line at some stage might no be till 2020-21 but it will happen I'd put my house on it

Do you have any un named source that said axldc recording will happen? Or just educated speculation.

24 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

Do you have any un named source that said axldc recording will happen? Or just educated speculation.

There's plenty of rumour going around. It's just what I thinks gonna happen. Have been told for sure that Axl has no plans in retiring anytime soon. I think that's obvious anyway. They know they can take a few years off do a album and tour and it will be just as big as this one

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 1

I can't  see where any of you are getting this idea that Slash wouldn't be willing to work with Fortus on a record. Slash was apparently a fan of him long before the NITL tour and even tried to recruit him into his band. 

"I had actually been asked to join Slash’s band a while ago, at a Thin Lizzy show. We were playing a festival and his manager came up and said, ‘Man, we’d love to steal you.' I couldn’t do that to my friend (Axl). That would be such a slap in the face."

^^^^ That is straight from Fortus, he has no reason to lie about it. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

I know slash wasn't a fan of Frank before the tour started and wanted Sorum. Things could of changed but I doubt it but that's not going stop slash recording with gnr (Axl)

It's incredibly likely that Axl shot that idea down right away. Unlike the other members from back in the day, Sorum was fired. He has a bad reputation for causing tension and not being diplomatic (which was well recorded in his GNR and Velvet Revolver days). Someone like that could be potentially very bad for a reunion that had potential to fall apart easily if it wasn't handled carefully. It's the same reason they are so cautious when bringing Adler on board. Axl wanted stability and reliability, he knew Frank wouldn't cause problems and would go with the flow.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, History2010 said:

It's incredibly likely that Axl shot that idea down right away. Unlike the other members from back in the day, Sorum was fired. He has a bad reputation for causing tension and not being diplomatic (which was well recorded in his GNR and Velvet Revolver days). Someone like that could be potentially very bad for a reunion that had potential to fall apart easily if it wasn't handled carefully. It's the same reason they are so cautious when bringing Adler on board. Axl wanted stability and reliability, he knew Frank wouldn't cause problems and would go with the flow.

Yeah I agree with that mate and have said the whole time that am not a big fan of Franks drumming but if having frank keeps it all going am happy with that. Can't have everything you won't.

I think Franks a nice fella and all I think slash and duff probably get on with him well aswell 

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

For almost 20 years of Slash solo era, he keep Steven away as far as possible, only collaborating on at least three song, why the fuck people think he suddenly want Steven back is bamboozling me.

He didn't even fight for Matt, his regular drummer and one of his biggest cronies, let alone Steven.

Tarnished legacy what kind of bullshit is that, the legacy has been tarnished long time ago for god sake.

He hate synths? LOL. They had a fucking CHANCE to ditch the 2nd keyboard position when Pitman out, yet he was agree with Melissa recruitment.

Of course he will do that fucking handstand of happiness the moment Axl ask him for recording song with Fortus and Frank.

So true. Plus I'm sure by now Slash is way past his "I'm not gonna play that ballad shit" days. He is now more mature with different types of music. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

So true. Plus I'm sure by now Slash is way past his "I'm not gonna play that ballad shit" days. He is now more mature with different types of music. 

And aswell they have been playing together for the last year and a half and done a amazing tour that sold well and have some great memories together. Slash can now go off in his down time and run his own band. So he has his freedom with that

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kiwiguns said:

It puzzles me to think the same people believe the reasons behind no new music is because 3 mature and life experience individuals would be bickering like children as to who is the drummer of if they are part of the original line up or not.

These guys can and will record new music together…

Its more about the state of the music industry and when is the right time and who has control…

Any one notice apart from a booking agent, team brazil and individual tour promoters (worldwide) there is no mention of a record label associated with Guns N Rose or the tour?

Could it be that Guns N Roses (Axl as the owner of the brand) or in conjunction with the big 3 now have control over their catalogue and masters?

Could it be the owner and the other 2 members (Slash and Duff) be using the success of the tour to use as leverage the creative control and distribution of their own music (Art) as many other bands are doing in today’s music industry.

Listen to interviews by Billy Corgan and Shirley Manson (Garbage) as they give an insight into the workings of the record labels and how they operate these days.

Axl may have learnt from his past experiences with CD, interscope and Mr Lovine.

Axl also pointed in their interview with Globo last year that if he were to release a new record or if he released past records he want them out independently. 

1 hour ago, Gibbo said:

I know slash wasn't a fan of Frank before the tour started and wanted Sorum. Things could of changed but I doubt it but that's not going stop slash recording with gnr (Axl)

How do you know about it? Has Slash made any statements about Frank or commented on it with any insider? No bad blood here I just think that I lost some chapter of this saga.. :lol:

• Like 1

On 12/5/2017 at 3:11 PM, Gibbo said:

Slash is in the studio 

With Myles :blink:

Hmmm, Slash is in the studio with Myles at the time of that post, ehhh?  Funny thing about that.  On 12/05, Myles was still touring with Alter Bridge in Dallas and still is touring until mid-December, just finished a show in Tulsa (Eddie Trunk was there actually.)  I'm not doubting that Myles may work with Slash at the start of 2018, but I'm not too sure about this particular sentence.

Edited by Anguyen92

If a new album was made, there are so many questions I have with it that honestly i don’t know if the album would be any good. There not gonna have the experiences they were going through appetite and illusions for writing material. How much would fortus and frank would bring to new material considering they didn’t having any writing credits on Chinese democracy as well as not being the main rhythm guitar and drummer on the album? How much of izzy not being there makes an impact? Don’t get me wrong, I would love to see axl and slash collaborate again but since I’m not a really fan of Frank’s drumming plus what are we getting from a musical standpoint, more of axldc or Chinese democracy two? It’s just a shame we are long gone from the days of the band being a unit with 5 kickass musicians that made huge impacts in their own individual ways.

Edited by Bailey96

4 hours ago, Gibbo said:

We all have different ideas who we want but Axl not gonna give them the arse a specially after "Fortus has been with GNR for 19years" as Axl told us all tour

Pitman was there before Fortus. And one day he was gone. Nobody is safe. Anyway I don't see any new GN'R album on the horizon. In fact we've seen this before during NuGN'R. They will tour for a few months. Then Axl will be scratching his balls while the others work on their own projects. With the exception of Slash and Duff nothing else has changed from what we've seen in recent years.

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Pitman was there before Fortus. And one day he was gone. Nobody is safe. Anyway I don't see any new GN'R album on the horizon. In fact we've seen this before during NuGN'R. They will tour for a few months. Then Axl will be scratching his balls while the others work on their own projects. With the exception of Slash and Duff nothing else has changed from what we've seen in recent years.

Pitman got the arse for a reason. We will see

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 1