Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I..never claimed that's how he thinks. Those are just possible reasons why he would perhaps not do an album, taken from things he has said in the past. There are reasons I can name why he would record aswell but that was not asked. Rather simple no?

Was he ever asked about making music with Axl again?

I think he's never said one word about it so speculating about why he wouldn't is pretty much far fetched.

3 hours ago, Sosso said:

It's also possible that they will play songs from SMKC

“This amazing line up features current members of Guns and Roses, Quiet Riot, Slash w/ Myles and the Conspirators, Danzig, Type O Negative, and Enuff Z Nuff. 

Hookers & Blow
Dizzy Reed (Guns N' Roses)
Alex Gross (Quiet Riot)
Todd Kerns (Slash/ Myles Kennedy)
Johnny Kelly (Danzig / Type O Negative)
Chip Z' Nuff (Enuff Z' Nuff)

Playing all the hits from all their bands catalogs. And to top the night Don Jamieson from THAT METAL SHOW will be hosting with Comedy through out the night.“

https://www.pinkgartertheatre.com/event/1601696-dizzy-reed-guns-n-roses-jackson-hole/

This is truly interesting line up..

Who the hell gonna be the lead vocalist? Is Todd gonna be the rhythm guitarist while Chip is the bassist?

People from Axl side and Slash side randomly getting along with each other, what a time to be alive tough.

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

To say that people change after doing the same thing for the last 25 years seems a bit unlikely. There's probably very good reasons why this reunion came together and why Axl showed up on time and never cancelled a single show on this tour - an airtight contract with severe legal blowback and financial repercussions.

He's not changed one iota. Like you said, the only reason why he complies to his commitments is because of a huge ass contract.

Only the bandwagon jumpers believe something like this. The real fans who've stuck with them throughout the whole fucking shit KNOW that Axl was a complete mess until the last show of his nuGNR lineup and that is 2014, not 1993.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

There's probably very good reasons why this reunion came together and why Axl showed up on time and never cancelled a single show on this tour - an airtight contract with severe legal blowback and financial repercussions.

I don´t know...It's been a while since GNR has canceled a show or started a riot because of Axl...Did you can remember the last one?2001? And after 2011 he started to show up almost on time ..40/30 min after the schelude and at some shows they started on time..I mean, the constant puntuality is from now but all this thing started a couple years/tours ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RONIN said:

To say that people change after doing the same thing for the last 25 years seems a bit unlikely. There's probably very good reasons why this reunion came together and why Axl showed up on time and never cancelled a single show on this tour - an airtight contract with severe legal blowback and financial repercussions. It seems like Interscope may not have leverage with Axl anymore - maybe Chinese Democracy, Live Era, and Greatest Hits completed their contractual obligations. So if Axl doesn't have anyone to answer to anymore regarding new music and his nu-gunners have disbanded - then what's the incentive to release new music? Especially into a marketplace that rewards touring hits and where new music is no longer a relevant monetary factor for established acts? Besides, what is the upside for Axl, Duff, and Slash to follow up AFD and Illusions now? So they can be raked over the coals by everyone about how the album didn't live up to expectations? It's unlikely any new release will live up to expectations since they're past their prime. Plus, no Stradlin. Seems like a lose/lose situation.

The redhead doesn't even want to turn a quick buck and repackage everything in the vault into endless releases like other big bands do. Don't even create new music Axl (god knows when that would be ready), just release what you have and rehash endlessly with alternate takes and remixes. Somehow even that isn't an option. But he has no problems whoring out the brand for overpriced junk merch. And even that isn't done right since the GnR website is pathetic and not optimized to sell their shit properly.  Just compare their site to Metallica's or even Slash's site. How you do one thing is how you do everything. From top to bottom, GnR is an incompetently run organization. 

well talking about whoring we can also include the way duff whores his family on instagram but that's a separate topic of conversation. The GNR site is disappointing, you only need to have a look at metallicas to see how well they treat their fans. Slash's site is good and you can tell he has a small but well competent team and managed organisation, and that shows as young bands do approach him with business type questions when they are starting out. The other question is say another 5-7 years whats Axl goingdo in terms of music. If the NITL do another  album and lets be honest his voice  isn't aging well like a freddie mercury or mick jagger there is no way his voice can do a 2 year tour unless if the NITL lineup will be touring of only  playing certain a grade cities not spending 2 years on the road. Whatever Angus young does I think IF he does another album this will be his last under the ACDC name. Axl has mentioned he would like to branch out and do music for film scores so maybe IF they do one more album and a thankyou and goodbye tour he may retire from performing all together. If axl lives to 80 whats he going to do for another 20 years?. I got an email from Motley Crue fan letter and they actually wanted to do a survey to all fans with one question "what would you like to see" in terms of what product would I as a fan like to see. I put down a "behind the music" type doco on the making of their individualalbums from 81-91 and also la live dvd of those tours with band commentary. Now if only GNR would do that....................................................

Also around what record company they would go with I thought Interscope is still in the picture because when I get emails from Team carnavale it does have Interscope in those emails, same when I get merch emails as well....

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

People change their minds all the time, but Axl sure hasn’t by giving a very vague statement in regards to new music during the Chinese Exchange interview. Of course I don’t know what will happen. I never claimed to say I know what the future holds, but from Axl’s past records and his opinions not seem to differing much from the NuGuns years I can heavily speculate what will. Believe it or not I am an optimist. I’m just not a blind one.

To your first sentence:

Not in this lifetime. There's noghing more I have to say

To the rest of your post:

Thank you! That's exactly my point. Of course you're not blind and you have your opinion. You don't think they'll do any new music. I respect that

I just don't get how anyone can say they will or they won't do something cocksure.

21 hours ago, Gibbo said:

We know slash wont be doing any shows for a while now Todd's playing in Dizzy's band

He's only playing a few shows with Dizzy in december, though.

I hope Slash will join Todd on his solo show next sunday at least for a song or two, especially considering Scarlet's band will be opening so it's highly likely Slash will be there.

• Like 4

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:36 PM, IncitingChaos said:

Yea supposedly Axl's tour with AC/DC kicks off early 2018, new GNR blu ray/ CD early 2018, and after a break GNR may renegotiate on something in the future. 

I guess we will find out...just not this year 

Do you have proof that there will be a GNR blue ray cd? God this would be freaking awesome.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

At the end of the day if Axl is working on a solo album that's a good thing in my book. New Axl vocals, some new music to listen to, and probably some unreleased CD II material.

I could live with a new solo album from Axl, but Ill never accept him doing AC/DC or any other band and not GNR. Im not that desperate to listen to new Axl vocals on record cause we all know his shape, what Im interested in is his writting, egocentric and weird as it is. Unfortunatelly I dont think its going to happen. 

34 minutes ago, default_ said:

I could live with a new solo album from Axl, but Ill never accept him doing AC/DC or any other band and not GNR. Im not that desperate to listen to new Axl vocals on record cause we all know his shape, what Im interested in is his writting, egocentric and weird as it is. Unfortunatelly I dont think its going to happen. 

I would rather listen to a AC/DC album than a Axl Rose solo album.

On 12/7/2017 at 5:42 PM, Sosso said:

It's also possible that they will play songs from SMKC

“This amazing line up features current members of Guns and Roses, Quiet Riot, Slash w/ Myles and the Conspirators, Danzig, Type O Negative, and Enuff Z Nuff. 

Hookers & Blow
Dizzy Reed (Guns N' Roses)
Alex Gross (Quiet Riot)
Todd Kerns (Slash/ Myles Kennedy)
Johnny Kelly (Danzig / Type O Negative)
Chip Z' Nuff (Enuff Z' Nuff)

Playing all the hits from all their bands catalogs. And to top the night Don Jamieson from THAT METAL SHOW will be hosting with Comedy through out the night.“

https://www.pinkgartertheatre.com/event/1601696-dizzy-reed-guns-n-roses-jackson-hole/

Two of them were in Adler's Appetite at one point too. 

So basicaly, there is no plan for The Conspirators this year. Myles was more than reserved. " The Guns thing is going so well " - quote. Also, in the comment section, someone claims that he has a source close to 4tus that confirmed that Guns are going in the studio in February. I find it hard to believe but i thought i'd point it out. 

Yeah, listening to Myles speak, it seems pretty clear to me that anything SMKC is up in the air at the moment, and not anywhere near 'finalised'.  Myles says it's 'full steam ahead' with his solo album and regarding SMKC, 'we'll see.'  He didn't even hint at a recording of a new album, never mind confirm it.  So Meegan's IG post is quite odd in light of this. 

I also found it interesting that he said he texts Slash 'once in a while via text to check in'.  Doesn't sound like they're in regular contact at all.

I don't find it hard to believe that there might be GNR music on the horizon. ;)

• Like 1

Maybe Slash and Myles are in studio working on the album right now and he's just keeping it down so this SMKC thing doesn´t overshadow his solo album. I don´t believe that Meegan would say such a thing if it really wasn't happening...she mentioned this twice in different posts.

• Like 1