Ghosts / Haunting Experiences

Słash

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Ehh, if you've seen one you've seen one. People who don't believe in them will then sort forth multiple explanations, but if you've seen one you've seen one. It is really that simple.

Anyhow I hear the old man all the time walking down my landing - sometimes when I'm talking to you cunts. He is always moving my stuff about also. I'm rather used to it.

The Aussies when they were playing one dayers against England stayed in Lumley Castle above Chester-le-Street,

emirates-riverside-durham-chester-le-str

Shane Watson saw a ghost and shit his pants. The Aussies have never been back since haha.

Id love to hear this old man if you could tape it or whatever, is it clearly the laughing of a man?  And how'd you know he's old, cuz of the old fella you saw disappearing into the wall?  How do you connect that with this cackling you regularly hear?

Just now, Len B'stard said:

Id love to hear this old man if you could tape it or whatever, is it clearly the laughing of a man?  And how'd you know he's old, cuz of the old fella you saw disappearing into the wall?  How do you connect that with this cackling you regularly hear?

He was moving backwards through the wall laughing. He was small and old. A bald head I think.

2 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Ever look into the history of your street/house further back?

I've never been that arsed really. When you think about it, every house of a certain age has seen people die in it, and he seems happy enough so I doubt he is the product of some crime or tragedy.

This by the way is my favourite ghost story, The Metheringham Lass,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/lincolnshire/hi/people_and_places/history/newsid_8332000/8332848.stm

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Ehh, if you've seen one you've seen one. People who don't believe in them will then sort forth multiple explanations, but if you've seen one you've seen one. It is really that simple.

Anyhow I hear the old man all the time walking down my landing - sometimes when I'm talking to you cunts. He is always moving my stuff about also. I'm rather used to it.

If your ghost makes so much noises and even appears to you, you should document it and become world famous for being the first person to document the supernatural. But of course you won't do that because deep inside you know this is only you interpreting things that are probably completely natural, like neighbour noises or hallucinations.

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

If your ghost makes so much noises and even appears to you, you should document it and become world famous for being the first person to document the supernatural. But of course you won't do that because deep inside you know this is only you interpreting things that are probably completely natural, like neighbour noises or hallucinations.

Perhaps he doesnt wannabe world famous?

Personally i think all this stuff can be explained by natural...uh, stuff but at the same time I am mildly curious when i hear people mention it, particularly people who are not really known for being of that sort of kooky type generally associated with this stuff, y'know the type, broomsticks and crystal balls and all that.

It tends to happen a lot in rural areas too i notice.

Edited by Len B'stard

I don't find it strange at all that DieselDaisy would embrace the possibility of a ghost rummaging around his house. He never struck me as a guy that would let what is unlikely interfere with a comforting, old-school belief, especially if it means he can be an upholder of old traditions. Then science and plausibility takes the back seat.

damn. i shouldn't read threads like these. but i can't resist :P

i'm scared shitless of ghosts. when i'm alone at home i get particulary paranoid, hearing strange noises and seeing shadows everywhere. or thinking i do.

also, i have a phobia of mirrors. I see them like a gateway to a hidden dimension, and i expect to see a monster behind me everytime i look. weird, i know. but i've seen a scary episode of some series when i was little, that had such a scene, and it scarred me for the rest of my life. damned mirrors :max:

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Who do you think I am, Egon Spengler? Hallucinations? I'm not Snakepit. The chap walks down my landing. Opening my door would require me walking in the opposite direction and around. Guess what? He is gone! This is the problem with discussing these things with sceptics. If you have seen it, you have seen it thus it is empirically extent based on the premise that if your sensory perception picks up something then that thing is extent. No doubt nothing I can say can persuade you of the fact that my sensory perception perceived an apparition thus rendering the debate futile. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Just now, Slash787 said:

@DieselDaisy when you saw those things, din't it scare the fuck out of you? 

With the first one I remember shaking and nearly falling down the stairs in fear. The second one is more recent and I was a bit scared but you get used to it in time: ''oh, there is the ghost walking by. The bugger has turned off my computer and switched television channels. And where has he put my keys''. You just get used to it.

I have another experience, as a collective, of sorts. My Grandad smoked a distinct brand of tobacco from a pipe, a gentleman's pipe. He died, yet occasionally in my grandma's house (she's still alive by the way) you can smell it. It just appears for a minute or two about twice a year.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

With the first one I remember shaking and nearly falling down the stairs in fear. The second one is more recent and I was a bit scared but you get used to it in time: ''oh, there is the ghost walking by. The bugger has turned off my computer and switched television channels. And where has he put my keys''. You just get used to it.

I have another experience, as a collective, of sorts. My Grandad smoked a distinct brand of tobacco from a pipe, a gentleman's pipe. He died, yet occasionally in my grandma's house (she's still alive by the way) you can smell it. It just appears for a minute or two about twice a year.

You live alone or with your parents?

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

What are you angling at here? Are you saying my parents are entering my premises in white blankets and scaring the heck out of me?

No, Im just a nosy person and like to know about people. 

You just wanted to be alone in life so you moved out from your parents place? or you are working in another city?

Sometimes taking drugs can cause hallucinations. 

6 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

No, Im just a nosy person and like to know about people. 

You just wanted to be alone in life so you moved out from your parents place? or you are working in another city?

Sometimes taking drugs can cause hallucinations. 

I don't take drugs although I do have a weird plant growing in my yard. I'm not even drinking at the moment to be honest.

I went on a ghost tour in New Orleans and got a couple of orbs in some of my pictures.

I'm sort of agnostic on the supernatural - not sure I believe, but not sure I don't. I do love Zach Bagans and the Ghost Adventures crew, though. They don't seem to be faking anything, and while some episodes are duds, there are enough with interesting stuff that keep me interested. Plus, the fact that they'll air episodes where next to nothing actually happens gives them credibility in the episodes where it does.