Ghosts / Haunting Experiences

Słash

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Because I have a house that I live in!

What's this, the third degree? You're nosier than a woman!

Im just interested in the lives of people

Maybe you live alone thats why you see things

Some where in the back of your head you do want to have a wife/girlfriend and then have kids, but you could not get all of this, thats why you are seeing things. 

So this story was shared by someone from North Carolina 

"I was invited to join a friend and her family at a lake in NC. I arrived on Saturday morning, but all cabins were booked for the night. The group of us enjoyed the day at the lake and playing card games at one of the houses. 

I decided to check on any cancellations for a cabin. I went over to the office and luckily something just happened to be available. Cabin 4. Perfect, my friend and her family were in #3. 

We needed some things from the grocery store, so 3 of us went. I was dropped off at my cabin to put my breakfast away and told them I would walk back to the house for dinner. I went in, freshened up and took pictures, inside and out. They weren't the best and I was going to erase and try in the morning. Had dinner enjoyed the evening but my friend and I stayed outside at my picnic table just talking until midnight. We went into our own cabin for the night. 

All alone, trying to work the TV and get showered for bed. All seemed well until... I thought I had pulled the bathroom door a little shut but not all the way. As I was showering, I opened the curtain to reach for my toothbrush and toothpaste. The door was wide opened and it caught me off guard, thinking it pulled a little shut. Ok weird, can't remember. 

After the shower I went into the bedroom to dress, but it had a strange feeling which wasn't there before. After dressing I went back to the TV area. On the blue carpet leading from the door to where I stood in front of the TV were little faded white round circles. About the size of a quarter. I tried to wipe them with my foot but nothing.

So I was ready to sleep but had to force myself to go back in there to bed. I could see the TV from the bedroom. But something was so creepy in that room, I lasted all of a minute. I grabbed the sheet and pillows and headed to the couch. I put towels on the couch because it looked grungy. 

Finally I fell asleep for an hour or so. I woke up just after 230am. I felt as if something was standing there and I knew to cover my face. I was constantly waking up ever hour. Finally, 720am came and I was so relieved that creepy night was over. I told my friend about it and how I wanted so badly to text her to come and stay with me. 

I went home that Sunday afternoon, and was sad to have gone so early. I never retook the pictures. I was browsing through them that evening. I then noticed something I didn't see before. In the picture facing the bedroom, the bathroom door is ajar and there is a hand or arm of something pushing it open. I now know it was there the whole time and I wasn't alone that night and it wasn't my imagination. If you enlarge the picture, there is what looks like a skeletal face.

Strange things have happened to me all of my life. It wasn't until recently after a car wreck, that 3 things have come into my vision. Lots to share, a lot to type. I slept with my lights on for two nights after seeing the picture."

7 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Im just interested in the lives of people

Maybe you live alone thats why you see things

Some where in the back of your head you do want to have a wife/girlfriend and then have kids, but you could not get all of this, thats why you are seeing things. 

It would almost make sense if the apparition in my house was a good looking female (a bit of Tudor crumpet with breasts falling out of a corset - she can haunt me any day of the week) and not a jocular little old man!

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It would almost make sense if the apparition in my house was a good looking female (a bit of Tudor crumpet with breasts falling out of a corset - she can haunt me any day of the week) and not a jocular little old man!

Look, lets begin at the beginning and do this properly...firstly, what are you measurements? :lol:

Another story from California 

"This house was built studs up from 2008. So it's pretty new, and no previous owner I know of died. It is a spacious 4 bedroom house. My question is, why did these series of incidents happen? Nothing ever happened in our new house until this one incident. Any insights are helpful. 

It all started after a car accident. I still remember, I hit a big truck that day and I had my two children with me. I was very fortunate nothing happened to us, and the trucker let it go. 

On the way home I kind of felt dazed, probably from the car incident. When we got home, I opened the door, and that's when it began. Right when the front door opened, I heard a distinct clear "Why thank you." I'm not going to lie, I thought maybe I hurt my head from the crash and was hearing things. But right before I even uttered a word, my then 5 year old son says "Mommy, did you hear that? Someone said why thank you!" I was so relieved to know it wasn't in my head. But not so relieved knowing no one was home.

After that first incident, a series of strange incidents began happening. We started hearing someone playing a piano every night around 8pm, and it sounded like it was coming from the attic. But there's no stairway to the attic, you need a ladder. We would also hear knocking on the walls everyday. My husband said it might be a rat stuck in between the walls or something. So I decided one day, I would knock on the wall two times. And that's when my 2 daughter and I freaked out, because it knocked back 2 times. Right when that happened, my daughter and I walked out the nursery, and that's when an ornament came rolling out of the nursery after us... Needless to say, we stayed out of there the rest of the day.

Not soon after, my daughter started seeing a white cat in our house everyday. She would ask me why the white cat always comes and leaves and comes back again. And then my son would see a little girl petting our dog once a while. But the one incident that really scared us all, was when my father-in-law came over one day. We have a toaster that also has an egg maker. Well, when my father-in-law walks by, the egg maker looked as if it was thrown at my father-in-law and fell to the floor. We all looked in disbelief. And he came to conclude maybe when he walked by, it caused a vibration for it to bounce off. 

After that, many series of incidents continue happening. But the scariest had to be when we started seeing doppelgänger of each other. I remember putting my son to sleep, and he was sleeping on my lap. As he drifted off sleeping, I looked up and saw my son sitting in a corner with a grin. I was speechless, because how can that be when he is sleeping on my lap? A few days later, my son was in the living room talking to someone. When I asked who he's talking to, his jaw just dropped. He said he was talking to his sister, but how come his sister was next to me instead? 

The last incident was when my husband saw someone sitting on the living room floor, and to his surprise, he realized he was staring at himself. That was the last incident that led us to calling the pastor. The pastor and a few other people came and blessed the whole house. And after we no longer see "anything". But we would still occasionally hear things. 

However, we never understood how we lived at the house for almost a year and nothing happened until the car accident? Is there a connection? If anyone has some insights I would be grateful."

This one is from the UK, it feels like DD's story

Ever since I was a child we've had some form of presence, and my mum talks of one too from when she was a child. Hers felt positive, according to her. This just, doesn't. 

My childhood wasn't the best due to my father being controlling and abusive. So I always blamed my paranoid feeling on how he was. 

We've been away from my dad for 4 years, and we've recovered in most ways (not so much financially) from how he was. However, I still get that feeling; like I'm being watched. As does my mum (my sister is too young to fully understand). My dog also acts very suspicious.

We've lived in two houses since we left my dad. The first, my mum and I got such a terrible feeling in one of the corridors, I can only describe it as end of the world dread. It was horrible. But nothing really happened in that house. 

Although, now, we've lived in this house almost 3 years. It's not the type of area we're used to, but we've had no issues. I've always struggled to sleep, but in this house it's the paranoid feeling keeping me up. I suffer from GAD (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) and I have improved dramatically recently, but the activity started when I was at my worst in terms of anxiety. 

I've had bad health for awhile, but my anxiety is relevant with this. It started with a feeling of being watched constantly. My dog is an Irish terrier, and being a very alert breed, she was always looking in one spot for ages. It would freak me out, but I tended to just distract myself on my phone or with the TV. But, one day my mum was cleaning my room and I used to have this huge mirror. She was near that, and it got pushed and fell on her. It might have just fallen, but knowing how heavy this mirror was, it'd take a lot of force. She wasn't drastically injured. Again, I didn't think anything of it. I told her about how I felt and she said she has the same feeling.

A few weeks pass, and my mum tells me she saw this black figure going into my room; describing it as a tall, completely black/opaque figure with no distinguishable features. My mum is somewhat of a comedian, and does like to joke so I didn't think anything of it. Until I saw it too. I was doing my revision (I had exams coming up, I was 15) and I look up and this figure is staring at me. EXACTLY how my mum described it. 

I couldn't take my eyes off it. And it couldn't take its eyes off me. Well, I say eyes, it didn't have eyes. But it was staring at me. My heart stopped and I felt like I was going insane. I looked down at my paper and then back up, and it was gone. It felt surreal. 

I wouldn't sleep in my room that night and a picture of me later got knocked off the table. I spoke to someone in my school for advice, and using the tips she gave me, the activity didn't just calm down, it stopped. 

And it stopped for ages. I felt free. However, it;s started again. I'm 16 now, and my exams are over. That's an idea of how long it's been. My dog is acting weird again, I'm paranoid again and my mum;s seeing things. I'm struggling to sleep more than ever even though my anxiety is almost completely controlled now. I'm currently in a cafe and I feel when I talk/research this at home, something feels wrong and like I shouldn't be doing this. 

There's been no recent deaths in my family and I don't mess about with the paranormal. I am really curious as to WHAT this is, and how to deal with it. If you have any explanation or advice it will be much appreciated, thank you.

• Like 1

Another one from the UK

Just for some background info, I'm only 22, I have no children and I have no younger siblings that live with me. It used to be just me and my mum who lived together while I save up some money to find my own place and move out. My fiance has also just moved in with us but at the time this story took place, he was living elsewhere until he finished his job and moved up here to be with me. 

So as I said, this story takes place a little before my fiance moved in. I was lying in bed alone one night (in the pitch black) facing the wall as I usually do most nights away from the rest of my bedroom; as well as away from the bedroom door behind me. I was sort of in that state between being half asleep and half awake when I suddenly started to hear my bedroom door begin to open and brush against the carpet. I didn't really think anything of it, though I have no idea why I didn't react as my bedroom door doesn't swing open on its own as it really needs to be pushed with a bit of force to open/close.

A little while after my door opened I started to hear small footsteps entering my bedroom slowly, sort of dragging and shuffling against the carpet as if whoever or whatever it was, was wearing slippers. I lay and listened as the footsteps seemed to get closer and closer to my bed, which is not very far away from the door because my bedroom is quite small and weirdly shaped. The footsteps eventually stopped, right at the side of my bed - nearer to my head than my feet. I sort of froze and didn't know what to do or what to expect next when the bed felt as if someone small and young had leant against it; making me roll backwards slightly and then to my absolute horror I felt a small hand reach out and tap me on the small of my back three times and a child's voice say "Mommy?". 

I have never leapt out of bed so quick in my entire life. No one was there when I turned around or when I turned on the light but I ended up sleeping downstairs with the TV and lights on and was reluctant to even go back into my bedroom. 

There are numerous incidents where I have heard children laughing and giggling near my mother's bedroom door, and when I was a child me and my best friend even heard a small baby crying out of nowhere while we were playing Sims quietly on the computer with the sound turned down very low.

• Like 1

My tattoo artist was telling me last time my wife saw him that he used to live in a very haunted apartment in the city here. Said he used to get tapped on the shoulder really hard while going down the hall alone taking the garbage out. Said once he had the sleep paralysis happen. Woke up and had a dark figure hovering over his bed and felt as if someone was choking him. Out of nowhere it stopped and he gasped for breath. 2 weeks later he was out of town on a trip and his girlfriend called him in the middle of the night and explained the same thing happening to her. 

The day I see an apparition of some sorts, I freak the fuck out. Haha 

4 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

My tattoo artist was telling me last time my wife saw him that he used to live in a very haunted apartment in the city here. Said he used to get tapped on the shoulder really hard while going down the hall alone taking the garbage out. Said once he had the sleep paralysis happen. Woke up and had a dark figure hovering over his bed and felt as if someone was choking him. Out of nowhere it stopped and he gasped for breath. 2 weeks later he was out of town on a trip and his girlfriend called him in the middle of the night and explained the same thing happening to her. 

The day I see an apparition of some sorts, I freak the fuck out. Haha 

Yeah that does sounds scary

This is from Georgia 

I do believe it was a year ago when this event happened to me. It was an eventless summer. Days were hot, and long while the nights were short and cool.

Being an only child and spending the summer vacations usually alone until I came across this creek. That is where to this day I enjoy my days in the summer heat always trying but never succeeding in find the end of the creek's tail.

One day after enjoying the creek I decided to investigate to what my curiosity has been begging me to check out: the graveyard next to the creek.

This graveyard was on the land of a church built in the 1840s. It was destroyed by some fire in 1913, and was finished in being rebuilt in 1916. It was on a stone in front of the church.

I decided that I would come back and investigate the cemetery closer towards twilight.

Returning back to the church/cemetery, I noticed that there was an electrician doing something to a power line. Fixing it or checking something, I don't know; I'm not an expert. 

So I rode my bike away from his eye sight and parked it behind the church. The church gave me a feeling of being forbidden to enter its ground. I found that feeling odd, especially at a church. I walked around to the resting places of so many before and began reading their stories. Some were mothers, daughters, brothers, fathers, sons, friends, and even... Civil War soldiers. Read one of my stories labeled Confederate Solider and you will know what I'm talking about. 

And those were the oldest besides a man named Seth whose date of birth was unknown but death was 1849. Many of the graves were unmarked and the most recent was a Malian Lilly in 2008.

Finally after looking at all the headstones I left. The electrician was still working there now on the crane like thing to get to the top of the power line.

I stopped. It was 86 degrees when I left home for the graveyard, but right then the temperature felt like 50. I turned my head towards the cemetery (I do not know why but I wish I hadn't.) and saw a large, black, hooded figure. It was standing in front of the grave of the man named Seth. 

From that large distance I felt the feeling of anger and pain. It terrified me when I came to realize it was a demon I was staring at.

It turned to me when I realized what it was in my mind. By that time I fell to the ground and began crawling away. My legs wouldn't allow me to stand up as I watched in horror the demon moved slowly towards me. I bumped into another gravestone that was across the street from the main one.

The demon stopped, bent and flew at me like... It was flying! Like truly flying not that levitating off the ground stuff but moving like a bullet towards me.

I couldn't scream but the electrician did it for me. The demon took a dramatic turn upwards headed for not me but the man working on the power line. I looked up and saw him flip over the little platform he was on and tumbled to the earth.

Before he hit the ground from a huge height... He disappeared right before my very eyes. The vehicle that electrician used to get to the top of power lines disappeared as well along with the shadow figure.

I learned that no one died there or gotten hurt. But what freaks me out is why I saw an image of a man falling to his doom. I may never know but I hope I do before I plunge from this world.

13 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Yeah that does sounds scary

I've always been a little worried to tell my wife about the 2 incidents in my house. I believe some people are more susceptible to seeing things like this and Im pretty sure she's one of those people. She says she used to see stuff as a kid at her mom's house all the time. Ghost of a little girl always walking on the street outside her bedroom window. Hearing conversations in the house while everyone was asleep. Once saw a dark figure of a man in the hallway. Shit like that. Then a few years ago she said she saw the little girl again in the parking lot of our townhouse we lived in at the time and started seeing stuff in our unit. Said it would be a black figure in the corner of her eye that would go away when she focused her vision on it. Kinda easy to say you're just seeing things and it's nothing when it's like that though IMO. 

Once when we lived in that townhouse before our first kid was born we were both randomly awake in the middle of the night. Nothing had woken us up, we both just happened to. Our dog slept at the foot of our bed and something was up. Dog just got up and started growling like crazy at our doorway. Needless to say I was a little worried. 

Her first apartment had some stuff going on too. That was just banging on the walls and ceiling though. She lived on the top floor. We would be sitting on the couch and it would honestly sound like someone open hand slapped the wall literally right above my head or the ceiling above me. That always freaked me out. Blamed that one on the cold weather causing the newer building to shift or whatever. 

24 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

I've always been a little worried to tell my wife about the 2 incidents in my house. I believe some people are more susceptible to seeing things like this and Im pretty sure she's one of those people. She says she used to see stuff as a kid at her mom's house all the time. Ghost of a little girl always walking on the street outside her bedroom window. Hearing conversations in the house while everyone was asleep. Once saw a dark figure of a man in the hallway. Shit like that. Then a few years ago she said she saw the little girl again in the parking lot of our townhouse we lived in at the time and started seeing stuff in our unit. Said it would be a black figure in the corner of her eye that would go away when she focused her vision on it. Kinda easy to say you're just seeing things and it's nothing when it's like that though IMO. 

Once when we lived in that townhouse before our first kid was born we were both randomly awake in the middle of the night. Nothing had woken us up, we both just happened to. Our dog slept at the foot of our bed and something was up. Dog just got up and started growling like crazy at our doorway. Needless to say I was a little worried. 

Her first apartment had some stuff going on too. That was just banging on the walls and ceiling though. She lived on the top floor. We would be sitting on the couch and it would honestly sound like someone open hand slapped the wall literally right above my head or the ceiling above me. That always freaked me out. Blamed that one on the cold weather causing the newer building to shift or whatever. 

Maybe its something which your wife saw when she was a kid as you mentioned and that spirit has been following her since then.

Man so much is going in your life and I still don't get why the hell you have to 2 small children is another room upstairs. Im not trying to be your parents, but man one is an infant and the other is a 3 year old, they should be near you, like anything can happen man. 

I haven't experienced many paranormal stuff, but that's probably because I've stopped believing. 

Our home has a cabin about 30 meters away from it, and my grandfather used to stay there, from what I've heard. Probably a couple years after his death I was jumping around on our trampoline, and I could see the window from the trampoline. After jumping there for a while I quickly glanced at the window, and I could swear I saw a face. I looked again, and I swear to God I saw my grandfather through the window. I froze and couldn't stop looking. His eyes were blank, there weren't any pupils. Needless to say, I freaked out and ran inside. 

6 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

I haven't experienced many paranormal stuff, but that's probably because I've stopped believing. 

Our home has a cabin about 30 meters away from it, and my grandfather used to stay there, from what I've heard. Probably a couple years after his death I was jumping around on our trampoline, and I could see the window from the trampoline. After jumping there for a while I quickly glanced at the window, and I could swear I saw a face. I looked again, and I swear to God I saw my grandfather through the window. I froze and couldn't stop looking. His eyes were blank, there weren't any pupils. Needless to say, I freaked out and ran inside. 

Did you tell your parents about this?

As of now there's no evidence that suggests even the slightest possibility of anything we consider paranormal to exist.

Humans just love to try to rationalize death. Multiple lives, Jesus and religion, ghosts or whatever.

When a computer breaks, when animals and plants die, they just stop, its over, its done, that's it. We aren't any more special.

48 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Maybe its something which your wife saw when she was a kid as you mentioned and that spirit has been following her since then.

Man so much is going in your life and I still don't get why the hell you have to 2 small children is another room upstairs. Im not trying to be your parents, but man one is an infant and the other is a 3 year old, they should be near you, like anything can happen man. 

Yeah that's what I think honestly. Whatever it is it hasn't caused any harm or physically shown itself so I don't worry too much at this point. I fear talking to her about it because who knows, maybe she's still seeing stuff and just not telling me so I don't freak out. I'd rather just not address that. Ignore it and write off the small handful of incidents over the years. 

Ourhouse layout just sucks at the end of the day. There's only 2 bedrooms on the main floor. One is very small, other is only slightly bigger. The bigger bedroom with attached bathroom is in the basement. It sucks, and I get that anything can happen but we're not rich and settled with what we can afford for the time being. It's harder to try and keep them on the same level/room as us when we're night owls and usually stay up a little later watching TV after they go to bed. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

As of now there's no evidence that suggests even the slightest possibility of anything we consider paranormal to exist.

Humans just love to try to rationalize death. Multiple lives, Jesus and religion, ghosts or whatever.

When a computer breaks, when animals and plants die, they just stop, its over, its done, that's it. We aren't any more special.

What if you see one? People who see ghosts are usually not pondering some existential quasi-religious argument unless you re one of these people who are obsessed with the paranormal. Most people who see these things are usually doing mundane things. Take the ghost story I posted, The Metheringham Lass. That is simply drivers on a road being pulled over.