02/02/17 - Wellington - Westpac Stadium

RussTCB

1 hour ago, cremefraiche said:

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised by that number too. Not many acts will get that many in Welly with an Auckland show on top of it. Us kiwis are apparently notoriously late ticket buyers, so I imagine the final numbers should even be a little higher

They're struggling to sell though, GrabOne even had listings today (http://new.grabone.co.nz/events/music-concert/p/guns-n-roses-26). Which is pretty desperate. 

I'm looking forward to the Auckland show, but I am fucking pissed off that I forked out a fortune for two tickets (not to mention the fan club thing to ensure I could secure tickets), all for them to be heavily culled in price in order to sell. Feel a bit ripped off tbh.

3 hours ago, hudsonsaul said:

They're struggling to sell though, GrabOne even had listings today (http://new.grabone.co.nz/events/music-concert/p/guns-n-roses-26). Which is pretty desperate. 

I'm looking forward to the Auckland show, but I am fucking pissed off that I forked out a fortune for two tickets (not to mention the fan club thing to ensure I could secure tickets), all for them to be heavily culled in price in order to sell. Feel a bit ripped off tbh.

Yes it's wrong, they're knocking like $100-200 off loads of these shows.  Adelaide has a new seating plan with loads of blocks not on sale anymore either.  I think some of these will have sold pretty horrid but you never know, maybe with these deals they'll pad them out to look respectable.  The promoter will surely have done their dough though paying for 7 shows where maybe 3 have sold well 

If they'd done 30k would they really be selling tickets at $150 off to try and pad it out? We will see, sadly I couldn't make it as I planned to report back

6 hours ago, northernsoul said:

Yes it's wrong, they're knocking like $100-200 off loads of these shows.  Adelaide has a new seating plan with loads of blocks not on sale anymore either.  I think some of these will have sold pretty horrid but you never know, maybe with these deals they'll pad them out to look respectable.  The promoter will surely have done their dough though paying for 7 shows where maybe 3 have sold well 

If they'd done 30k would they really be selling tickets at $150 off to try and pad it out? We will see, sadly I couldn't make it as I planned to report back

10 hours ago, hudsonsaul said:

Yeah I can definitely understand that. It's a bit of a moral grey-area for me, as in yes it's gutting in a sense but I still find myself not as pissed as I "should" be because I paid to secure my ticket I guess. I'd also prefer to see my favourite band at a huge sold-out show regardless of what everyone else paid. The promoter's argument will simply be that it's completely legal. But one thing that kinda irks me, is that if you put tickets up that cheap in the initial sale(which they can obviously afford to do since they now have) it would have sold out and you wouldn't need grabone offers at all!

I think where they went wrong was adding extra dates in smaller markets i.e NZ, Adelaide etc. One huge sold out show at Western Springs would have 'looked' cooler and created a sense of exclusivity, as alot of Kiwis seem to go to events simply because everyone else is going.  Then they could have possibly added extra nights in sydney, wellington, adelaide etc, once the other shows have sold out and people will be worried to miss out again as opposed to waiting around tossing up whether you'll go or not because you have plenty of time to decide given there's 7 stadiums to fill. 

Also the actual promotion didn't really seem to be doing its job in that I had a LOT of people saying to me things like "Yeah, but isn't it just Axl and his mates?" It looks like the advertising and stuff is deliberately vague for some reason, as tacky as it may be I think they should have made a much bigger song and dance about Slash and Duff being back on the posters and TV ads etc.

But, if 30,000 tickets have been sold it must just be a last-ditch effort to just shove as many people in as they can, because I noticed the Wellington offer was for seated tickets only, whereas the Auckland one was general admission standing. As a promoter, if you've already made your money back it kinda seems silly NOT to offer a deal in markets that sales have stalled because what is there to lose? Unfair to a lot of people, but as long as they are within the law they totally don't give a shit :(

• Like 1

Former AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd says that he has changed his opinion about Axl Rose fronting the band.

Rudd was ousted from AC/DC when he was sentenced to eight months of home detention by a New Zealand court in 2015 after pleading guilty to charges of threatening to kill and drug possession.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/phil-rudd-has-changed-his-mind-about-axl-rose-fronting-acdc-i-thought-he-did-quite-well/
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BackOffBitch! said:

Former AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd says that he has changed his opinion about Axl Rose fronting the band.

Rudd was ousted from AC/DC when he was sentenced to eight months of home detention by a New Zealand court in 2015 after pleading guilty to charges of threatening to kill and drug possession.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/phil-rudd-has-changed-his-mind-about-axl-rose-fronting-acdc-i-thought-he-did-quite-well/

Hopefully Angus will pull out the beast in Axl, and Axl will impress him with some much needed rasp and screams. 

Well,like on other dates basjers and haters have the same story "bas selling"...As we xan see the most dates of North and South America were soldout...And again bashers talking shits about bad selling,but prometer said till the wendesday gnr sold 32000 tickets and it will be the biggest show after Acdc show...

http://i.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/88986817/Guns-N-Roses-fans-promised-very-special-shows-in-Wellington-and-Auckland

• Like 1

On Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 4:44 AM, cremefraiche said:

Someone on this forum said recently that they had heard this show was selling horribly

Wrong...32000 tickets sold till the wendesday...The biggest show on that place after ACDC

http://i.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/88986817/Guns-N-Roses-fans-promised-very-special-shows-in-Wellington-and-Auckland

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gnrkoncerti said:

Well,like on other dates basjers and haters have the same story "bas selling"...As we xan see the most dates of North and South America were soldout...And again bashers talking shits about bad selling,but prometer said till the wendesday gnr sold 32000 tickets and it will be the biggest show after Acdc show...

But not sold-out so more like 80-85% full capacity.