Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

1 minute ago, moreblack said:

They announced his firing anyway, and it's not like he went on to do a full STP greatest hits reunion tour for free.

yeah they did. after the fact though. that split was a shitstorm too..although entertaining. 

He went and made some good bread off the last STP record and tour..and then that fell apart too. so at the end it was obvious he was always the problem

1 minute ago, NicDwolfwood said:

yeah they did. after the fact though. that split was a shitstorm too..although entertaining. 

He went and made some good bread off the last STP record and tour..and then that fell apart too. so at the end it was obvious he was always the problem

And unfortunately now we know how that story ended

1 minute ago, moreblack said:

That's the key part, they still have a hand on all the past GNR stuff, Izzy doesn't. He can't claim to merit an equal share for turning up and playing songs.

That seems to be the Big 3's perspective as well from an outsiders perspective and from all the heresay thats floating around.

Just now, moreblack said:

And unfortunately now we know how that story ended

indeed.

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Once again we are on the same page mate. I agree completely. Sure, because Fortus is there Izzy wouldn't have been offered fulltime but therefore...

The decent thing Fortus should do is fucking bow out like Ashba, seriously, I've gone from being at peace with it to....you should just leave cunt. He didn't write anything? He prances around like a wanker and he has no history. Also, I just remembered him arrogantly saying something about how he plays like Izzy. The FUCK?

Decent thing to bow out? Dude has been in the band for 15 got damn years. Dont compare him and Assba. No he didnt write anything. No one did except Axl during that time period. But he did play guitar on CD. Clearly the entire band likes having him play guitar, especially Axl/Slash. Stop living in the past.

1 hour ago, maynard said:

I don't trust Axl, Slash and Duff. But I also can't trust Izzy that easily like bacardi did. It's almost childish how he trusts so firmly in his words like Izzy hasn't had his share of bullshit over the years. How naive of some of you.

Don't get me wrong, a full reunion would've been perfect but let's be honest. Izzy. can't. play. anymore. Simple as that. He was a bad live performer back then and is even worse now. Fortus would still be backstage doing most of the stuff, let's be honest. And that would be even more pathetic IMO. Having izzy standing there like an idiot making money for simply being there.

We will never know exactly why the full reunion didn't happen. Yes, money was a huge factor. But this band has a little problem with egos and band members being very unstable.

Partial reunion is still awesome and the best thing to happen since 1993.

Izzy also didn't show up for the Hall of Fame. Dude couldn't care less about the fans. It's pathetic to be so pro-Izzy like some of you.

I absolutely agree.

People blindly posting "#TeamIzzy" :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Gackt said:

Maybe Izzy was going to have an Adler situation, guest spot duties on a song or two (Double Talkin' Jive, of course) but he wanted to be paid like he was doing a full show :shrugs:

Either way it's sad that all Izzy cares about is the money.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Actually respect Scott Weiland more. He always said it was all about money with VR without sugarcoating reality

Source? Highly doubt it as Duff helped him get sober for awhile doing karate stuff and they all formed a pretty good bond for awhile

4 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

Hahahahahahahahah Izzy' notorious moral integrity!!

#fuck Izzy!!!

He is showing integrity. No integrity would be playing it by their rules for $40k or whatever lowball deal they offered him

8 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

Thats not true at all man.. Yeah they(Slash and Duff) quit. But they never relinquished their piece of the partnership. everything that the other has done these past 20 years had to be under an agreement by all 3. Everything having to do with GNR had to be ok'd by all 3. Live albums, DVD's, merchandise, licensing. Thats why they sued when that Greatest hits came out, because the label went over their heads with it. 

Izzy bought himself out sometime after he quit. He never signed the agreement that Slash and Duff did to continue as GNR when Axl gained possession of ownership of the GNR corporation. That is why they remained in partnership, and they're reaping the rewards of the Reunion right now.

Gotcha. I better get to bed

• Like 1

gee there seems to be a lot of very opinionated comments on here when all we have had is minimal information.

i have never understood the vitriol some GNR fans spit as soon as they get a tid bit of info. We dont have both sides of the story (as usual).. no-one knows the details... After reading a few of the pages in this thread, a lot of people seem to sprout a lot of their ideas as fact when its just shit...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

So did Slash and duff.

They really had no choice but to quit. All 3 of them izzy, slash and duff.

Only Steven was fired 

But the difference is that Izzy could walk out during/before the UYI tour and the tour STILL WENT ON.

If Slash/Duff did the same, the tour wouldve been a joke if not outright cancelled. Theres the difference. Whether people want to admit it or not, Izzy is expendable on stage. His songwriting cant be replaced, but were talking strictly touring for the reunion. He isnt required.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

yea the problem was Scott's unreliability was jeopardizing their big pay days.

Money and being lowballed was probably the reason Izzy bailed on VR as well. Though they blamed it on Izzy being done with lead singers. But its hard to believe anything they say now

2 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

yea the problem was Scott's unreliability was jeopardizing their big pay days.

Money and being lowballed was probably the reason Izzy bailed on VR as well. Though they blamed it on Izzy being done with lead singers. But its hard to believe anything they say now

Nah. Money wasnt at play at the time since they didnt even have a name yet. they were just a project at the time of Izzy's involvement...Izzy not wanting to work with a lead singer is more or less what everyone in VR said was an issue for him, as he wanted Duff and himself to split vocal duties...In retrospect they were right, Scott Weiland was a great frontman. Izzy and Duff as singers wouldnt have worked the same. 

Just now, melonhead87 said:

But the difference is that Izzy could walk out during/before the UYI tour and the tour STILL WENT ON.

If Slash/Duff did the same, the tour wouldve been a joke if not outright cancelled. Theres the difference. Whether people want to admit it or not, Izzy is expendable on stage. His songwriting cant be replaced, but were talking strictly touring for the reunion. He isnt required.

Yes, if Slash quit that would have been a big problem. But not Duff.  Duff wan't considered that indispensable back then. The Big Three is an invention of the regrouping era.

16 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

I don't think its that clear cut. I believe izzy left the partnership and despite slash and duff quitting, they were always part of the old guns n roses partnership.

the partnership is Axl,Slash and Duff. Always was since like 1992.

Izzy should be mad at Duff and Slash...when they resigned that new partnership after Izzy left it did give Axl the rights to the name if the band breaks up, but Slash and Duff didn't walk away empty handed...those guys got their song writing rights which formed the big 3 and gave them control over the licensing of their music. That's when Izzy got screwed over, he wasn't part of Guns N Roses from that point on. Slash and Duff remained in bc that was the last contract they signed together.

Izzy's anger might not necessarily be aimed at Axl. We knew there would be little legal issues pop up if they got back together, there was always going to be unintended consequences from the original band that we overlooked. Izzy always seemed like the one that would easily be in the reunion, but he's the one that looks to have been screwed over the most. 

I just don't think it can be overstated enough, but for casual fans this doesn't matter at all...for the friendship between these guys it sucks, it really does. We all know they love Izzy, but he's had the door shut in his face and sadly it's been shut for a long time. 

13 minutes ago, EvH said:

I absolutely agree.

People blindly posting "#TeamIzzy" :facepalm:

He was waiting up til last minute to see if Axl was going to show before bowing out. Axl and Team Brazil were still in Nu-GNR is GNR mode then

4 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Izzy should be mad at Duff and Slash...when they resigned that new partnership after Izzy left it did give Axl the rights to the name if the band breaks up, but Slash and Duff didn't walk away empty handed...those guys got their song writing rights which formed the big 3 and gave them control over the licensing of their music. That's when Izzy got screwed over, he wasn't part of Guns N Roses from that point on. Slash and Duff remained in bc that was the last contract they signed together.

Izzy's anger might not necessarily be aimed at Axl. We knew there would be little legal issues pop up if they got back together, there was always going to be unintended consequences from the original band that we overlooked. Izzy always seemed like the one that would easily be in the reunion, but he's the one that looks to have been screwed over the most. 

I just don't think it can be overstated enough, but for casual fans this doesn't matter at all...for the friendship between these guys it sucks, it really does. We all know they love Izzy, but he's had the door shut in his face and sadly it's been shut for a long time. 

Well said and probably one of the things that was keeping a reunion from happening years ago

4 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

As I said earlier in the week, this may be the most pathetic thing Axl and Guns N' Roses have ever done.

Not even in the 2011-2014 dark ages did Axl keep a founding member of the band and longtime friend out for petty money reasons.

Absolutely disgusting. Sad my theory has been proven true about this corporate, shit, cashgrab tour.

We don't know the full story. Izzy's tweet doesn't mention anything about touring with them playing ALL the songs for equal distribution of the dough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibbo said:

Axl 50%
Slash 25%
Duff 25%

They have offered Izzy $40,000 to do those 4 shows.  

I just hope these numbers aren't real.

I mean, forget about Izzy for a second. Fn' Axl pushed everyone away, fucked up GNR's legacy and ruined his own career. Then Slash comes back, makes him relevant again and at the same time accepts to get half of what Axl gets? The poor victim's getting everything his way and all thanks to the evil cancer...

15 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Has Izzy ever been this direct before?  For someone so elusive it is just odd to see him addressing the reunion in such a manner

Maybe he was just hoping the other guys were gonna say something like "Izzy didn't like the offer we made and rejected it so, as of now, he won't be involved". You know, some honesty from Axl instead of that stupid "you know Izzy, he changes his mind everyday" kind of shit he said...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Neither side is wrong. Izzy has a right as one of the songwriters to feel he should get equal treatment. The other three have a right to stand their ground. They aren't the guys who quit in the middle of a massive world tour 25 years ago. 

I could be wrong but I believe I recall Izzy commenting on the reason why he left and I am positive his reasoning had to do with the drug and alcohol abuse by his fellow band mates which seems to be a legitimate reason considering one of his main Interests was attempting to stay sober.