Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

2 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The only person who should care is Izzy. GNR is a business, too. It would be stupid to give cash to a guy 90% of the public do not care about. Now, had Izzy been in VR or another project with mainstream visibility then I could understand he would have something to being to the table, but his inclusion is just romanticizing of forum fans. Nobody else cares. Fuck, GNR did well with only Axl. So Izzy is just Izzy.

Youre missing what Im saying. Im not thinking of this from a "buisness" perceptive. Jusy because something makes the most money or fills seats doesnt make it right

Again, whatever, I like Fortus and loved the gigs I saw this year. I still think Izzy had every right to be offered what Duff, Slash, and Axl got

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Were fans

I dont give a fuck what good "buisness" is or the "brand value". Lol what a load of trash. I think of GNR the band, not GNR the buisness.

Its a reunion. Reunions are usually a fresh start sort of thing. Who cares if he left in 91 (which he needed to for his well being)? All 5 of those guys helped build the band in the old days. They all deserve to have been given a chance here based on the ethical, right choice.

But hey, it is what it is. Im not going to stop loving this lineup. It works for my personal taste but I dont blame others for being mad about this.

It sucks money got in the way, plain and simple

This was never  marketed as a full fledged reunion, though. The fans and media turned it that way.  In addition, GNR is a band and a business. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stella said:

Axl, Slash and Duff have been managing the catalogue for the past 20+ years. They've been working their asses off on this. Why in God's name *should* someone who hasn't been in the band since 1991, and hasn't had any part in the management and behind the scenes stuff, get paid the same as them?!

This tour isnt about what people did in terms of licensing music the past 20 years. Wtf are you talking about

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Draguns said:

This was never  marketed as a full fledged reunion, though. The fans and media turned it that way.  In addition, GNR is a band and a business. 

Yes it was. The merchandise is nostalgia based, the set relies on the classics, the band has called it a reunion, and even the stage is a modern UYI stage. Come on... Sure they didnt say Izzy is involved, but it is clearly marketed as a reunion. Hell, it is a reunion

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

This tour isnt about what people did in terms of licensing music the past 20 years. Wtf are you talking about

The point is that Axl, Slash and Duff have done a lot of work for GnR for a long time, including putting together this tour. What they're getting paid for this tour represents all that behind the scenes work, both on this tour and over time. Did Izzy plan this tour? Did he and his management team take care of all of the legalities and logistics? No. Why in God's name should Izzy get paid the same as them for doing less work? 

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NicDwolfwood said:

huh? Since fucking when is Duff some Axl yes man? If he was a Yes man, he wouldnt have fucking quit the band and just stayed and followed Axl like a dog

Everybody's patience with Axl ran out in the later half of the 90's, Duff just hung on till '97 after years of following Axl on his industrial crusade leading nowhere

He quickly came back in 2010 to do guest appearances and became a big presence in 2014, so he's basically the #2 of the band

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yes it was. The merchandise is nostalgia based, the set relies on the classics, the band has called it a reunion, and even the stage is a modern UYI stage. Come on... Sure they didnt say Izzy is involved, but it is clearly marketed as a reunion. Hell, it is a reunion

No, the band never said it was a reunion. YOU are perceiving it that way. 

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

Not really. And that has nothing to do with them getting paid for thks tout

What do you mean not really?! Slash and Duff were in VR that played GNR covers. In addition, Slash has performed as a solo act, which he did GNR songs.  Axl did his own version of GNR and played GNR songs. 

1 minute ago, Draguns said:

What do you mean not really?! Slash and Duff were in VR that played GNR covers. In addition, Slash has performed as a solo act, which he did GNR songs.  Axl did his own version of GNR and played GNR songs. 

So izzy doesnt deserve to be here because he hasnt played gnr covers over the years?

...What?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Everybody's patience with Axl ran out in the later half of the 90's, Duff just hung on till '97 after years of following Axl on his industrial crusade leading nowhere

He quickly came back in 2010 to do guest appearances and became a big presence in 2014, so he's basically the #2 of the band

Thats aboslutely false. Duff formed Neurotic Outsiders with Steve Jones, Sorum and John Taylor and made a record and toured the album between 95 and 97 which is when he quit. Far from sitting at the feet of master Axl waiting for him to do shit. 

• Like 2