Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Wrong. Axl literally called it a reunion in the china exchange interview

By the sound of things, the intention was for it to be a reunion tour to fully live up to the original "not in this lifetime" quote regarding a full line-up reunion, but the situations with Adler & Stradlin didn't let that happen so it became marketed as a line-up of the 3 most consistent original members

Fortus deserves to be up on stage as much as anyone else, for how many years he's spent playing rhythm

• Like 2

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

So izzy doesnt deserve to be here because he hasnt played gnr covers over the years?

...What?

I never said that. That's your perception.  You said not really. I'm giving you examples of how Axl, Slash, and Duff stayed in the limelight and kept the GNR name alive. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stella said:

Axl, Slash and Duff have been managing the catalogue for the past 20+ years. They've been working their asses off on this. Why in God's name *should* someone who hasn't been in the band since 1991, and hasn't had any part in the management and behind the scenes stuff, get paid the same as them?!

Because he wrote the shit, its his...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NicDwolfwood said:

Thats aboslutely false. Duff formed Neurotic Outsiders with Steve Jones, Sorum and John Taylor and made a record and toured the album between 95 and 97 which is when he quit. Far from sitting at the feet of master Axl waiting for him to do shit. 

You backed up my point that Duff was in the band till 1997, my man :lol:

1 hour ago, Mandy123 said:
49 minutes ago, coolranchdressing! said:

Am I the only one that feels mad at Izzy? I guess I'm selfish because I feel like he should've just taken what was offered so I could've seen him up there! And come on, this is no surprise; the band members are paid differently all along (or at least around 1989 or something) ??

I feel the same. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle of him saying he wasn't offered the same deal and GnR implying they thought a deal was made and then Izzy changed his mind. :shrugs:

or, verbally sounded good, then on paper the fine details show the devil...

2 minutes ago, pacu44 said:

Because he wrote the shit, its his...

He's fully compensated for his songwriting with royalties. Nothing to do with the actual work he's put in - or rather, that he hasn't put in - to managing and planning either this tour or this band, or keeping brand recognition up.

Edited by stella
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, stella said:

He's fully compensated for his songwriting with royalties. Nothing to do with the actual work he's put in to managing and planning either this tour or this band, or keeping brand recognition up.

Nothing to plan.... CD sucked... They aren't playing CD or VR... the brand? it took them 25 years to come back to New Orleans... Give me a break...

Edited by pacu44

6 minutes ago, vloors said:

I feel Izzy is only there for money not for fans or anything else or he would be doing at least a few guest appearances like adler is doing.

You think the rest of them are doing this tour because they love us fans sooooo much they might actually do it free if ticket sales weren't good? 

Bullshit.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Gackt said:

You backed up my point that Duff was in the band till 1997, my man :lol:

You're arguing minor bits and details. He was a band member by association only. He wasnt actively a GNR band member at the time since he was off doing his own thing..again, refuting your yes-man claims. and your claims that he sat around humoring Axl and his "Industrial Rock" project.

1 hour ago, liers said:

He was probably never offered a full time gig because Fortus was still on board, and since he was only going to be part time he probably wasn't going to be paid as much as the full time members. Same situation as Adler.

This. Only difference between izzy and Adler is Adler didn't care if he was full time or not. Izzy wants to be full time and he views it as a spit in the face, sadly 

7 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

None of this is surprising to me based on the early stories I heard regarding the band meetings leading up to the tour.  I suppose if I were a PR guy working for the tour, I would have coached Axl, Slash, Duff, and anyone else who may eventually take questions about the formation of this tour on exactly how to answer inevitable questions concerning the line up and lack of Izzy involvement.  Axl fumbled that question when he should have been as prepared as Hillary Clinton would be for a debate by the time he sat on that couch.  

One can guess that part of the reason why no previous interviews or press conferences were given before this were to duck questions on this topic.  Remember how mysteriously Axl's appearance on Kimmel was cancelled after the band meetings?   I guess history shows that people outside of the United States care less about who is in GNR than the fickle Americans.  Axl is the big draw and can generate large crowds with no other original members.  It may not affect ticket sales for the next year, but if this thing stays together, they'll eventually be looking to sell tickets back in the States again and stories like this may make a difference to certain fans.  

Good point..many on here have thought the same..especially if there is no new music from the band. 

48 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

Founding member and primary songwriter excluded from reunion tour because they didn't want to pay him as much as the bass player.

The most pathetic revelation in the history of Guns N' Roses.

Id blame fortus for not quitting the band first

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I have zero issue with the lineup or with Fortus. I just think its hilarious how people have to jump to the Izzy doesnt matter/buisness decision thing because they dont want to criticize gnr

Izzy matters to hardcore fans. Not to the 40k people showing up night after night. This is a fan forum debate. Nobody outside of here has a personal or emotional stake in it other than the band members. And I seriously doubt  Slash and Duff want to compensate Izzy.