Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

3 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Probably something like he wanted an equal split but wouldn't play all the songs or something and they wouldn't agree to it.  I can't imagine it was quite as simple as his tweet makes it out to be.

If they are going to write new music, they really need him. I hope they come to a compromise on that, with royalties, etc...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigpoop said:

I can see why it would piss him off for them to pretend they don't know why he's not involved. It's one thing to say nothing, but to say they don't know when they damn well do know...yeah, that'd piss a guy off.

Exactly. It would of been much better to keep it real, than say some Bullshit and then have the man himself come out and say it was indeed bullshit..

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

No wonder they're not comfortable playing Don't Cry and Patience in the same show. Keep playing shit CD songs and cover versions instead. 

They've had both of those songs in the same set on many shows.  Not during this tour, but on several others.  

3 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

He didn't leave because they were married and got divorced. He left because of Axl's bullshit and he had just given up drugs so couldn't be around them.

Intellectual Property rights are a strange thing. I think if you create/write the fucking thing then that should make you permanently entitled. I wonder how they feel playing songs he wrote? Do they just not give a fuck?

That makes it seem like he wrote the songs alone...Thats been proven not to be the case by everyone involved..He has a handful of songs that he wrote himself..but the rest of it is very much a collaboration. Especially so on Appetite, with the exception of Think About You. 

9 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Once again we are on the same page mate. I agree completely. Sure, because Fortus is there Izzy wouldn't have been offered fulltime but therefore...

The decent thing Fortus should do is fucking bow out like Ashba, seriously, I've gone from being at peace with it to....you should just leave cunt. He didn't write anything? He prances around like a wanker and he has no history. Also, I just remembered him arrogantly saying something about how he plays like Izzy. The FUCK?

As I said before, the issues behind the scenes probably have nothing to do with Fortus. Axl probably wanted him because he likes playing with him, and because he's needed on Chinese songs (and maybe reworked leftover material in the future), they could have brought Izzy on board and kept Richard. Just have him chill in the back more, plenty of bands do things like this with session musicians. 

If Richard bowed out, you still probably wouldn't see Izzy up there, but some other session musician. This is a money thing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Draguns said:

Before everyone jumps to conclusions, there are usually three sides to every story: your side, their side, and the truth. In addition, everyone has their own perception based on experiences and their own values. I think the story is in the middle. 

I hate the whole "truth is in the middle" cliche, it most likely was created by the guy who was guilty.

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

As I said before, the issues behind the scenes probably have nothing to do with Fortus. Axl probably wanted him because he likes playing with him, and because he's needed on Chinese songs (and maybe reworked leftover material in the future), they could have brought Izzy on board and kept Richard. Just have him chill in the back more, plenty of bands do things like this with session musicians. 

If Richard bowed out, you still probably wouldn't see Izzy up there, but some other session musician. This is a money thing

Right Gilby or Kushner.

Also money probably has something to do with Matt not being involved as well

1 hour ago, xBrownstonex said:

Sorry, but hes an idiot. He hasnt been in the band since 91 and was never part of the partnership. He cant expect to be treated equally, just as steven cant. Not after 25 years

also...why tweet this now?

Posts like this bum me out big time and I really disagree

And because in this week's released interview, Duff and Axl pretended they didn't know why he was there.

People are therefore mad tonight because it really makes this thing seem WAY more like a $$$ grab

10 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

He didn't leave because they were married and got divorced. He left because of Axl's bullshit and he had just given up drugs so couldn't be around them.

Intellectual Property rights are a strange thing. I think if you create/write the fucking thing then that should make you permanently entitled. I wonder how they feel playing songs he wrote? Do they just not give a fuck?

It's just business, Izzy would get ongoing royalties for everything he wrote.   So that's what he is entitled too.

On the other hand izzy wasn't to know way back in 1991 that a bands main source of income would be from touring and not record sales as it is now.

id suggest that his income has slowed to a trickle from royalties and he wants equal shares from touring profits... But again... He simply isn't entitled to it

Edited by megaguns1982

1 minute ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Right Gilby or Kushner.

Also money probably has something to do with Matt not being involved as well

Hurt feelings were bound to happen  with the reunion. There was just no way to keep so many guys on board in big roles and make everyone happy. Matt and Gilby were always least likely to be involved, but Steven and Izzy deserved a role. It just sucks Izzy is one of the guys left out in the cold. I'm glad Steven seems happy with the hand he's been dealt, at least

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

Why the fuck is there a second keyboardist? Can somebody please tell me that?

Now I see why some of the old timers are so cynical. Because in some ways life, and this band, is just a big joke and some people are only in it for themselves.

#NeverMeetYourHeroes

I absolutely understand this argument. I don't mind Melissa. She seems nice, and I like her backing vocals, but her playing is literally nonexistent the entire show. Aside from the Better intro (which could be pretty recorded),she is completly expendable. 

I would guess, though, that the money she makes is miniscule compared to what Axl, Slash, and Duff make and therefore is not comparable to what Izzy would have gotten or wanted. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they paid Adler more for his 3 appearances 

2 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

It's just business, Izzy would get ongoing royalties for everything he wrote.   So that's what he is entitled too.

Min the other hand izzy wasn't to know way back in 1991 that a bands main source of income would be from touring and not record sales as it is now.

id suggest that his income has slowed to a trickle from royalties and he wants equal shares from touring profits... But again... He simply isn't entitled to it

There had to be a way to put in writing that in order for Izzy to get his fare share he would have to complete a full tour. One at a time. It really isn't that hard or complicated.

That way everyone is happy. The band and fans. They have the right to chase every single penny for themselves and we have the right to think they are all asses for only doing it for the money after all they put us through

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Hurt feelings were bound to happen  with the reunion. There was just no way to keep so many guys on board in big roles and make everyone happy. Matt and Gilby were always least likely to be involved, but Steven and Izzy deserved a role. It just sucks Izzy is one of the guys left out in the cold. I'm glad Steven seems happy with the hand he's been dealt, at least

Yea except I would've never in a million years expected Izzy to be the focal point of this mess. Izzy who's played and remain friends with all of them since 2006 and pnly a few months prior to the reunion announcement had duff in his studio writing and releasing songs together

• Like 2

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

Does he get the royalties he deserves though? We'll have to take their word for it.

Id say so, going off various accounts in each of their biographies I've read, Afd shares was 25% axl ,20% each to slash duff and izzy and 15% to Steven. 

Uyi a lot more complicated, each song split very differently.

those splits would stand to this day. But with sales diminishing with downloading and all, I wouldn't imagine any of them make a huge amount anymore.

11 hours ago, KURT19 said:

They say that the truth hurts...

Well this bit of truth FUCKING SUCKS.

I feel deflated, dejected and a little bit deceived.

DAMNIT.

I think we all were hoping to see the original Sunset Strip boys playing thier music and watching them loving every minute of it - because it's thier band, and it's thier music, and it's thier bandmates/friends, and we've all attached our own memories to them.

Izzy's Twitter just solidified what most of us were in denial about. Cold hard cash, baby, cold hard cash.

Edited by Mararoyce
Spelling
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Top-Hatted One said:

There had to be a way to put in writing that in order for Izzy to get his fare share he would have to complete a full tour. One at a time. It really isn't that hard or complicated.

That way everyone is happy. The band and fans. They have the right to chase every single penny for themselves and we have the right to think they are all asses for only doing it for the money after all they put us through

... The problem is that there are disagreements on what a "fair share" is. Izzy wants equal to what Axl/Duff/Slash get. Those three may see him getting equal share to all the work they put into getting the tour off the ground and going as not being fair at all.

• Like 1

Just now, Tiffani said:

Wow...so what happens now? Is this going to turn into social media drama between Iz and the 3? Will one of them fire back? Will Beta? The pot has been simmering for quite a while now. Things may be headed towards a boiling point. :(

Nah. The show goes on. Izzy should have taken what was offered and enjoyed playing the music around the world. He let his pride get in the way. 

Just now, Tiffani said:

Wow...so what happens now? Is this going to turn into social media drama between Iz and the 3? Will one of them fire back? Will Beta? The pot has been simmering for quite a while now. Things may be headed towards a boiling point. :(

I don't know but I'd imagine the guilt and regret is a lot of weight to carry around for months on end

5 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Totally agree, there would have been a way around it, but izzy probably just wanted a very simple business model, everything split evenly, and they wouldn't do it.

there may have been stipulations to do with , what guns n roses pays for and what each individual member pays for. That could also make things very complicated..

example would be:

Izzy can come in for a guest spot on a few songs, we'll pay you x amount but you can pay for your own airfares and hotel etc out of your cut...

13 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Id say so, going off various accounts in each of their biographies I've read, Afd shares was 25% axl ,20% each to slash duff and izzy and 15% to Steven. 

Uyi a lot more complicated, each song split very differently.

those splits would stand to this day. But with sales diminishing with downloading and all, I wouldn't imagine any of them make a huge amount anymore.

hence duff's disdain for digital downloads

Edited by Top-Hatted One