Bizarro Question - If Axl wasn't available, who would you pick?

charliehoodger

Not sure if there's been an actual topic about this (and if there has been be sure to let me eat my hat). Who would you pick?.... Honestly, of I had my way, I'd pick Jason McMaster of Dangerous Toys/Broken Teeth. Probably no ones first choice but I think he has an awesome voice, although his stage presence is very 80s he would still be a perfect fit. I really like Dangerous Toys and love where they went over the course of their career. For his later years, check out the 1-2-3 punch of Broken Teeth's "Electric", "Bonfire" and "Roll Over". Perfect AC/DC homages without being rip offs. 

Hard to say, there's probably a pretty good unknown singer out there but AC/DC is a legendary rock band who need a prestigious singer. It's not like Rainbow with Ronnie Romero now and I think Blackmore picked him well. My choice would have been Steven Tyler, Sebastian Bach, Robin Zander or Chris Cornell. Still, Axl is the ultimate choice.

Edited by Silent Jay

5 hours ago, bigpoop said:

I wonder if Axl would have been chosen if this all happened a few years ago when he was doing Hard Rock residencies. He's obviously done a great job, but  I feel like it's probably the reunion buzz that made him a viable candidate in the first place.

Both ways. Angus probably wanted to associate himself and AC/DC with the biggest rock reunion of the 21st century.

Without Axl, they would have had to called a press conference and had Angus walk up to the stand to read his announcement...

Angus: "it was on this day ACDC went bust..." *leaves podium. 

no but really how lucky do you get to land Axl Rose here...you don't even have to go get him he comes to you. The F'n ghost of Bon Scott must have sent him or something. Angus is the most blessed musician in the history of music, everything just works out for him 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

Ask and ye shall receive:

My pick would be Dee Snider. I bet he could do AC/DC pretty damn well.

I thought that sounded good until he got further into the song then it got too far away from being ACDC. The beginning was good but then he was like "I'm goin innn oh yea innnnnnn" and for me id prefer if the words weren't annunciated so terribly. Gargling random sounds after every word does nothing for me.