Coolest Axl/DC Concert Shirt Ever!

StoneTempleRoses

I went to see Axl/DC in Cleveland last week. We had nosebleed sections seats but I was pumped. I had just seens Guns N' Roses in pittsburgh and so this was my second time seeing Axl in almost under a month how awesome is that, 4th time seeing Axl altogether. In 2006 2010 and 2016. The first 2 GNR shows besides this years pittsburgh one were both at Quicken Loans Arena/The Q/The Gund Arena where this AC/DC concert was It's an amazing venue anyway for this show our tickets were upgraded to really close to the front during Rock or Bust! I wish they would have came around with the tickets a few minutes before it started so I didn't have to walk through the arena while Shoot to Thrill was played, but regardless the new seats and the show were outstanding and I'm glad there's so many videos from this show on youtube. Before this show I was an average AC/DC fan new all the hits and a few deep cuts but mostly just a fan from afar I wouldn't have gone to the show if Axl wasn't singing put it that way. Now I love them. I've downloaded and listened to all the stuff I didn't know and it's all amazing, they don't really have many bad songs at all. Now to the topic at hand. In line for the show a bootlegger walking up the line saying the usual "half price shirts" I ignored him as I usually would until he got closer and noticed something different about the shirts he was holding, I said flip that over again there was Axl on the back! That's what I've wanted since this thing started an ACDC shirt that has some mention that Axl is the singer now. I said omg that's sweet and bought one of course. I also bought an official AC/DC shirt in the venue and a really cool ACDC hat they were selling so I didn't screw the band over in an way. Here it is folks, has anyone else seen or bought any really cool bootlegs from this tour. This one looks official and the front is the exact same as an offical one you can buy at the merch stand very good qaulity shirt all around.

ACDC Front.jpg

ACDC Back.jpg

ACDC Brett.jpg

• Like 3

I wish I would have bought more than one and sold them to people on here that want one. How do the bootleggers get shirts like this? Do they make them themselves with their own screen printers or have like a t shirt shop make them. I don't get it it's so good quality and the dude selling them didn't look like a very professional guy obviously.

9 minutes ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

I wish I would have bought more than one and sold them to people on here that want one. How do the bootleggers get shirts like this? Do they make them themselves with their own screen printers or haVe like a t shirt shop make them. I don't get it it's so good quality and the dude selling them didn't look like a very professional guy obviously.

ooooo I Really hope they have one like this in Philly....

Typically they'll go the professional route and get an actual t-shirt shop to print them. The end result is a quality Gildan or similar brand shirt at a cost of about $10 per shirt (give or take) depending on the quantity ordered. That's why they generally sell them "half price" for $20 - they still make a profit.

The one in the original post is very cool indeed but there's one error that would stop me - it's a moustache picture of Axl (at least that's what it looks like - correct me if I'm wrong). I'd prefer a more accurate, recent one.

On 9/13/2016 at 10:34 AM, James Bond said:

Typically they'll go the professional route and get an actual t-shirt shop to print them. The end result is a quality Gildan or similar brand shirt at a cost of about $10 per shirt (give or take) depending on the quantity ordered. That's why they generally sell them "half price" for $20 - they still make a profit.

The one in the original post is very cool indeed but there's one error that would stop me - it's a moustache picture of Axl (at least that's what it looks like - correct me if I'm wrong). I'd prefer a more accurate, recent one.

haha I think you might be right but the way he's holding the mic you can hardly tell. I didn't notice at all until you mentioned it, but I don't care about that in the least. As long as it's a newer picture of him I think it's fine. If it was like a 93 Axl or something it would be dumb but the shirt looks amazing with that Axl and Angus.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2016 at 10:34 AM, James Bond said:

So anyone could do this? Isn't there copyright laws or something for making shirts that are obviously going to be used as fake tour shirts using band logos and pictures as well as show dates and stuff? Like the t shirt shop that made these had to know what the deal was and that he wasn't using these shirts for himself. or do they just not really care even tho technically they know what they're doing is illegal.

20 hours ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

So anyone could do this? Isn't there copyright laws or something for making shirts that are obviously going to be used as fake tour shirts using band logos and pictures as well as show dates and stuff? Like the t shirt shop that made these had to know what the deal was and that he wasn't using these shirts for himself. or do they just not really care even tho technically they know what they're doing is illegal.

Not sure about photos but the AC/DC logo itself is copyrighted. I tried using an online shirt company to make myself an ac/dc shirt (with the specific dates of shows I've been to) and they rejected it for using the official logo. I assume either the shop didn't care or actually does these types of shirts as their business. 

7 hours ago, slammerjam said:

I've read a few times over here, that tickets get "upgraded". And you said this happened during the show. How does this work? Is there some guy coming to your seat and giving you better ones? I've never seen something like that in Europe, so I wonder if that's an American thing.

That is exactly how it works. We were so far back like 5 rows from the back wall and a guy who worked at the venue just walked up to different people and asked how many people they had with them, looked through his stack of tickets and handed you the number you requested. It was the first time I've ever seen anything like this. I was hesitant to take them because it seems like sucky thing to do to the people who are in the complete back unless he had enough to go around, he did have a big stack of tickets tho. You just had to be in the right bad seats I guess.

On September 14, 2016 at 4:05 PM, StoneTempleRoses said:

Yeah I'm not sure how they get around the copyright but it's basically a large scale version of those Facebook targeted ads that try to sell bootleg t-shirts.

20 hours ago, slammerjam said:

I've read a few times over here, that tickets get "upgraded". And you said this happened during the show. How does this work? Is there some guy coming to your seat and giving you better ones? I've never seen something like that in Europe, so I wonder if that's an American thing.

Sometimes for shows that haven't sold well in certain sections they'll have venue staff go and ask people. However, the easiest way to get an upgrade is to just go to the box office the day of the show. If better seats are available, you can trade your existing tickets in and pay the face value difference. Last year for the "sold out" Foo Fighters show in Toronto I was able to get 12th row center by asking for an upgrade at the box office.

34 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Yeah I'm not sure how they get around the copyright but it's basically a large scale version of those Facebook targeted ads that try to sell bootleg t-shirts.

Sometimes for shows that haven't sold well in certain sections they'll have venue staff go and ask people. However, the easiest way to get an upgrade is to just go to the box office the day of the show. If better seats are available, you can trade your existing tickets in and pay the face value difference. Last year for the "sold out" Foo Fighters show in Toronto I was able to get 12th row center by asking for an upgrade at the box office.

I fucking hate those fb ads

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I fucking hate those fb ads

"Buy our ugly, unlicensed tee from a fan page we just created this morning! Only available online and not sold in stores! No shit, huh? Check out this photoshopped image of The Rock wearing it. Don't you want to look as badass as him?"

• Like 1

11 hours ago, James Bond said:

That makes sense but yeah I didn't have to pay anything extra just take the tickets and go to our new seats.