Chesney/Atkins (Definitely NOT Guns N' Roses) - Full Tune

1418Music

Yep, Thats the Atkins in the title lol. Chad Atkins.

If you didn't see it, I wrote the entire story of why the songs existed and who was involved (it was just Chad and I) in the new album rumors thread. I wrote and arranged the songs musically and performed the instrumention, Chad wrote the vocal melodies and lyrics.

He is a hell of a singer and a hell of a writer when it comes to GNR Style melodies.

45 minutes ago, 1418Music said:

Yep, Thats the Atkins in the title lol. Chad Atkins.

If you didn't see it, I wrote the entire story of why the songs existed and who was involved (it was just Chad and I) in the new album rumors thread. I wrote and arranged the songs musically and performed the instrumention, Chad wrote the vocal melodies and lyrics.

He is a hell of a singer and a hell of a writer when it comes to GNR Style melodies.

Yeah i read it yet.

On 9/11/2016 at 6:59 PM, 1418Music said:

So, Per RussTCB I am giving this a post over here. If it needs to be moved elsewhere please let me know! :)

If you don't already know the full story of this, you might want to give the full story behind the mess that was caused which is here Post on MyGNRForum rumors board. - and if you don't know anything about it, probably best its kept that way for the sake of no-one ripping their hair out.

In the mean time, for those that have asked to hear full versions of the songs here is a full version of one of those tunes.

You're welcome to listen to it or NOT listen to it and needless to say its two guys that were experimenting with sounding like their favorite band.... 3 years ago. Its NOT Guns N' Roses and we didn't really expect anyone to ever think it would be... So, you'll either like it, or you won't I suppose :)

Thanks 

-S

Vehicular Blues

wow i like it! :)

8 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

wow i like it! :)

Awesome, thank you! :) - I have two more i'm mixing right now that are on the go, well, i'm actually re-doing a guitar track on one of them before I mix it completely...looking back over that one I did stuff back then that I wouldn't do now, so, I figure i'll fix it up before it gets out :) 

• Like 1

Just now, 1418Music said:

Awesome, thank you! :) - I have two more i'm mixing right now that are on the go, well, i'm actually re-doing a guitar track on one of them before I mix it completely...looking back over that one I did stuff back then that I wouldn't do now, so, I figure i'll fix it up before it gets out :) 

you're welcome! very cool :)

I don't wanna jinx it at all (no, really lol) but if you liked that song i'd say i'm 99.98% you're going to love the next couple that show up.

Anyone that thinks it sucks will think the next bunch suck too probably haha, but if you liked it, you're gonna have a hard time believing how close some of these are. We really worked pretty hard back then to see if we could write that way if we tried...its nice that (some) people actually seem to like it :) Working on mixing drums for one of the tracks right now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1418Music said:

I don't wanna jinx it at all (no, really lol) but if you liked that song i'd say i'm 99.98% you're going to love the next couple that show up.

Anyone that thinks it sucks will think the next bunch suck too probably haha, but if you liked it, you're gonna have a hard time believing how close some of these are. We really worked pretty hard back then to see if we could write that way if we tried...its nice that (some) people actually seem to like it :) Working on mixing drums for one of the tracks right now.

nice! can't wait for them :)

• Like 1

Totally random as this is (and i'm sure that it looks like i'm just talking for talking sake) but with everyone, or at least nearly everyone I think at least, knowing the whole background of why these songs even exist I just gotta say while i'm sitting with an open session of our attempted "lies" era style tune that trying to cop Slash's style on this one was a pain in the ass. I'm listening to it back and it makes me want to bash my head on the desk. So much more straight forward and punkish in some aspects (at least on the live like a suicide stuff).

He was such a different player by 91, so i'm basically just bitching out loud to let off some steam in this little musical thread and to keep you guys in the loop in case you care lol. 

The jist of my bitching is that I'm sitting here mixing a guitar track of myself (who surprisingly plays guitar as himself with his own style "in real life" lol) trying to emulate writing a part like someone else from an era I don't particularly listen to at a time where he wasn't the player he was by 91 which is the version of the player that I grew up idolizing. 

Brain...Hurts. I'll keep my complaining to myself now as its entirely uninteresting, but hey, somewhere to vent! :)

Happy er...whatever day today is all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1418Music said:

Totally random as this is (and i'm sure that it looks like i'm just talking for talking sake) but with everyone, or at least nearly everyone I think at least, knowing the whole background of why these songs even exist I just gotta say while i'm sitting with an open session of our attempted "lies" era style tune that trying to cop Slash's style on this one was a pain in the ass. I'm listening to it back and it makes me want to bash my head on the desk. So much more straight forward and punkish in some aspects (at least on the live like a suicide stuff).

He was such a different player by 91, so i'm basically just bitching out loud to let off some steam in this little musical thread and to keep you guys in the loop in case you care lol. 

The jist of my bitching is that I'm sitting here mixing a guitar track of myself (who surprisingly plays guitar as himself with his own style "in real life" lol) trying to emulate writing a part like someone else from an era I don't particularly listen to at a time where he wasn't the player he was by 91 which is the version of the player that I grew up idolizing. 

Brain...Hurts. I'll keep my complaining to myself now as its entirely uninteresting, but hey, somewhere to vent! :)

Happy er...whatever day today is all.

Dont sweat it dude, it's all in your head, no one who will listen to the track will go "oh thats not how slash would have played it in 88, too 1991ish" or something like that. Aslong as it sounds even remotely like GNR people will dig it

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

Dont sweat it dude, it's all in your head, no one who will listen to the track will go "oh thats not how slash would have played it in 88, too 1991ish" or something like that. Aslong as it sounds even remotely like GNR people will dig it

Well thanks :) - This one is uh....well, you'll hear it and I think you'll go O_O!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1418Music said:

Well thanks :) - This one is uh....well, you'll hear it and I think you'll go O_O!

I'm sure with how good you guys actually are none of the tracks will disappoint, cranking vehicular blues every day.:headbang: The cold heartbreaker song is the one I'm most excited about! Just dig the vocal melodies so much on that

34 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I'm sure with how good you guys actually are none of the tracks will disappoint, cranking vehicular blues every day.:headbang: The cold heartbreaker song is the one I'm most excited about! Just dig the vocal melodies so much on that

Never fear good sir! That one is up next after this current one :)

• Like 2

Well, while everyone waits (sorry guys...Paying work comes first :\ trust me, sucks....I wish I got paid to do this, but then my name would be Axl Rose....and thus, its not lol) I did find the original video clip (i reused it on my ig) for Shallowford... which is being HEAVILY remixed lol. I looked up the info for the video and it says it was created on September 13 2013 - so, while you have to take my word for it - there's more proof this wasn't some plan to freak people out in 2016 with new music leaks lol. This had been on my personal facebook forever ago at one point.

Anyway....Seemed like something seeing as you asked @troyc_313 :) Hopefully it'll play! 

Edited by 1418Music
  • Like 4

On 9/17/2016 at 7:46 PM, 1418Music said:

Well, while everyone waits (sorry guys...Paying work comes first :\ trust me, sucks....I wish I got paid to do this, but then my name would be Axl Rose....and thus, its not lol) I did find the original video clip (i reused it on my ig) for Shallowford... which is being HEAVILY remixed lol. I looked up the info for the video and it says it was created on September 13 2013 - so, while you have to take my word for it - there's more proof this wasn't some plan to freak people out in 2016 with new music leaks lol. This had been on my personal facebook forever ago at one point.

Anyway....Seemed like something seeing as you asked @troyc_313 :) Hopefully it'll play! 

i. cannot. wait! :headbang:

Hey everyone thats been awesome enough to give a fk :) -For anyone still interested in whats going on with new music over here - nearly done with the next one. 

I admit, i got a bit finicky with myself and ended up re-recording basically all of the music on this one lol, oops. 

Still, hopefully for anyone still waiting, it'll be with ya soon.

-S

• Like 1

So, This is boomy because I can't give away a preview of the actual mix after all :P so here's a clip from my iphone in front of my studio monitors of what i'd say is our "Live like a Suicide/Lies" era style - Just a preview to see you guys react (er, good or bad lol).

• Like 3

8 hours ago, 1418Music said:

So, This is boomy because I can't give away a preview of the actual mix after all :P so here's a clip from my iphone in front of my studio monitors of what i'd say is our "Live like a Suicide/Lies" era style - Just a preview to see you guys react (er, good or bad lol).

Reckless Life influence?

12 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Reckless Life influence?

Honestly on this one i'm not sure. Chad had written this one a few years before we even knew each other. I took the basic premise of the tune and re-worked it, but the words/singing style/chord progression was originally his on this one.... so whether it was written to be influenced by it when he wrote it, i dont know. For the way I'VE arranged it and played it...yep, its ended up a bit like Reckless Life I think, unintentional surprisingly, but now that you mention it - I guess so indeed lol.