Pets!

pinkforgirls

21 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Oh sorry. But pets do make our lives to much better. I think animals should rule the world. Especially cats and dogs. They are just so loveable and make us smile. I treasure my cats because at the end of the day we all need unconditional love and petting an animal calms me.

Yesterday i see an cute video of a little cat was harass for an pack of hounds dogs,  it was in the Russia street, a the little cat confront these dogs with incredible  bravery!! A neighbour ask for help. But the cat can to deffend himself! Now the people become it cat a kind of hero, and put the nome of "Jackie Chan"  :D

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Saved a kitten from being homeless. Checked him out at the vet. Had worms, fleas and ear mites. He got all his shots. He's a cute little guy and I named him Ollie. He's gray with green eyes. He's sweet except when he gets those crazy times.

I look like a pin cushion with all the cuts from his nails. Got to get them cut. Won't declaw because it's so painful and horrible to do to a cat. I do have other cats and they hiss and mostly ignore him. lol 

It's been a long time since I had a kitten. It's like having a baby.  But since the Texas weather is in the 100's for a long time, I'm glad I got him taken care of and he's part of our family now.

Awww, congrats on the new family addition! And thank-you for not declawing, it is such an inhumane thing to do and should be illegal imho.

Upload pics of him when you get a chance!

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 4:20 PM, marlingrl03 said:

Awww, congrats on the new family addition! And thank-you for not declawing, it is such an inhumane thing to do and should be illegal imho.

Upload pics of him when you get a chance!

Oh yeah, once I was told what declawing does to a kitten or a cat, I said no way. I do know they have a laser treatment now, but it's expensive and I'm sure the cat is still in pain. Cutting their nails is way better.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've grown to dislike the whole practice of keeping pets. I think it should be abolished like slavery. The cute pictures hide the ugly truth that these animals are property at the mercy of their owners. Some pets are supposedly treated well, but even a slave that is treated well is still a slave devoid of autonomy, and it's no consolation for the many that are treated badly. In the end, they shouldn't be ours to treat one way or another.

Maybe there should be an anti-pets thread?

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...