Logan (SPOILERS)

Słash

On 2/17/2017 at 5:42 PM, luciusfunk said:

I liked Origins: Wolverine, too apart from how wrong they got Deadpool. I've been interested in this one since I heard it was based on Old Man Logan. I haven't read it, but I've heard it's one of the best Wolverine arcs. 

I remember being so hyped for Origins and then it leaked online and the reaction was swiftly very negative. It just felt like a movie cobbled together on the go - Richard Donner was brought in, IIRC, for uncredited reshoots, and you could tell because there's a whole throwaway sequence where Logan crashes at an old couple's place that is very Superman-esque...but then the movie kind of ditches that whole angle and moves on. I think I would rate it the worst of the X-series.

X-Men 2, Days of Future Past, First Class, X-Men, The Wolverine, Apocalypse, Origins -- something like that.

1 hour ago, Estranged Reality said:

I remember being so hyped for Origins and then it leaked online and the reaction was swiftly very negative. It just felt like a movie cobbled together on the go - Richard Donner was brought in, IIRC, for uncredited reshoots, and you could tell because there's a whole throwaway sequence where Logan crashes at an old couple's place that is very Superman-esque...but then the movie kind of ditches that whole angle and moves on. I think I would rate it the worst of the X-series.

X-Men 2, Days of Future Past, First Class, X-Men, The Wolverine, Apocalypse, Origins -- something like that.

I'd have to watch them all again for a proper ranking, but off memory, I'd say DoFP at the top and The Last Stand at the bottom. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luciusfunk said:

I liked it more than most people seem to. My only real complaint is what they did with Deadpool. 

That's most peoples' complaint with it. It is so loathed because of how big a slap in the face it was. In my opinion they fucked up Gambit too, my favorite.

3 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

Forgot about Gambit. Good point. 

Of course you forgot about him, he was bland and useless and inaccurate. Had they not fucked that up, you probably could have had an even split of people that forgave the Deadpool failure because at least Gambit was cool, and people that hated it. But when you fuck up 2 fan favorites in the same movie, fans want blood.