Izzys back in the studio

2 minutes ago, downliner said:

Didn't mean to offend anyone by posting it in this section, was just passing it along as I thought it was cool :shrugs: 

It is all cool man, you will find these types of people all the time, before it was for Slash and Steven, now its for Izzy. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kickingthehabit said:

Izzy is wonderful. Having said that, if I were in their position, I'd probably say fuck him as well. It's a business thing. Sorry.

That's not even remotely what this thread is about. 

19 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i'm just here for the money i'm being paid to promote Izzy in this section *rolling eyes*

Meant to PM all the people on the IzzyPayroll(tm) but I might as well post it out in the open: your loot will be late this month. Our apologies in advance, but we greatly appreciate you going along with the conspiracy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

We have to walk a weird line with Izzy's stuff. It's defintely not GN'R when it's his solo stuff, but people seem really interested in it. We'll leave it in the main section for now and hope for the best discussion. For those of you who aren't interested in Izzy, his solo work or just want to discuss Richard Fortus; take it somewhere else and stop trolling this thread. Thanks.

This is not how Slash topics were treated when he weren't in the band. You couldn't post anything related to his solo work, at all, no matter the level of interest. I'm not saying the same thing should happen to Izzy, but it's pretty galling that suddenly there's this more lenient policy.

• Like 3

FUCK YEAH!

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Hopefully it is a bunch of tracks -- or an album -- this time!

This is great news -- any time that Izzy is writing and recording is time to celebrate!

But this is also very sad news cause it really means that Izzy probably wont be back in GNR anytime soon...

I really hope that whatever Izzy is recording really rocks!

One thing cool about this is that MAYBE Izzy is recording something that he wrote for GNR? Who knows? There are rumours that he jammed and/or rehearsed with Slash and Duff at some point this past year, right?

Oh, and given all the bullshit that happened with the failed reunion, i wouldnt be surprised if Izzy has written songs that are not so laid-back

Maybe the songs will come with an extra effort -- or some added venom!

That would be awesome!

:headbang:

Edited by ludurigan

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Meant to PM all the people on the IzzyPayroll(tm) but I might as well post it out in the open: your loot will be late this month. Our apologies in advance, but we greatly appreciate you going along with the conspiracy. 

FUCK man this is bullshit!

i really need the money!

if you dont pay me by monday i will tell the world THE TRUTH about Izzy Stradlin!

I am sick and tired of not getting paid on time!

Dont mess with me, man! 

I swear I swear I swear I will tell the entire world about who REALLY wrote Think about You!

25 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

This is not how Slash topics were treated when he weren't in the band. You couldn't post anything related to his solo work, at all, no matter the level of interest. I'm not saying the same thing should happen to Izzy, but it's pretty galling that suddenly there's this more lenient policy.

idk why folks take these things so seriously lol.

i seriously challenge folks that detest this thread to ponder what they are so upset about and hopefully realize how ridiculous they're being. yes Izzy has been a hot topic lately but its not like theres much else we could be discussing than yet another "now that time has passed, is CD underrated?'  where everybody gives the same answer they did 2 weeks ago.

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, downliner said:

Didn't mean to offend anyone by posting it in this section, was just passing it along as I thought it was cool :shrugs: 

No offense at all, post away anything you want about Izzy. It is always good news to know what he is up to  :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jane M. said:

Those of you bored and not interested in Izzy's solo music should go read that thread about GNR's new album release date:P

Well even if it should take GNR another 5 years to release that new Album I am pretty sure that the GNR Music will excite me more than Izzys whole Album.

Sorry, like most of us old Gunners (I was a teenie when UYI came out) we love Izzy and his Songs he wrote for GNR, but many of us just find his solo work boring....... me included. So i am not excited if Izzy releases an Album unless he has not Axl or Duff or Slash  on board.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Caraibes said:

We don't care.

STOP with this Izzy propaganda on this message board. Are some of you paid for this propaganda? or what?

It's all about Fortus now. It's been all about him for the last 15 years.

MOVE ON

I think YOU are on the wrong message board.  The Axl solo years are finally over.  We talk about the REAL GNR here.  Maybe you can create your own message board for additional musicians, hired guns, paid employees ...

• Like 3

11 hours ago, tberrie007 said:

this does have nothin to do with this section.  I've loved the band since 1988 and tell everyone that izzy was the key to a lot of what made guns tracks amazing but c'mon MAN, its been more than 14 years of silence...dude aint a part of gnr for a loooong time...time to let it go

And which part exactly of the GNR catalogue are you willing to let go ?

'GNR' has released exactly ZERO things worthy of the name GNR since Izzy left.

It will NEVER be time to let go of Izzy.

It's high time to let go of Fortus though !

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Natty said:

Well even if it should take GNR another 5 years to release that new Album I am pretty sure that the GNR Music will excite me more than Izzys whole Album.

Sorry, like most of us old Gunners (I was a teenie when UYI came out) we love Izzy and his Songs he wrote for GNR, but many of us just find his solo work boring....... me included. So i am not excited if Izzy releases an Album unless he has not Axl or Duff or Slash  on board.

LMAO:rofl-lol:

Ok.

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Well if that's true then that was rather dumb, no sense being dumb again.

On a side note @RussTCB Pitman is still in the banner...but we have to walk a fine line posting stuff about founding Guns N' Roses member Izzy Stradlin recording...w-what the what? :wow:

The banner issue is being worked on. A user here stepped up and offered to revise the current banner for free since everyone is always complaining at me about it.

And I'm not disputing Izzy's place in GN'R history in any way. When I said "we have to walk a fine line" I meant the mods & admins, not the users. If you need to know why we (the mods & admins) have to walk a fine line, you need only go back through this thread and take a look at how no matter where we leave this thread, no one will be happy.

• Like 3