Izzys back in the studio

47 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

idk why folks take these things so seriously lol.

i seriously challenge folks that detest this thread to ponder what they are so upset about and hopefully realize how ridiculous they're being. yes Izzy has been a hot topic lately but its not like theres much else we could be discussing than yet another "now that time has passed, is CD underrated?'  where everybody gives the same answer they did 2 weeks ago.

I don't take issue with the thread, just the ongoing double standard that's in play.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

I don't take issue with the thread, just the ongoing double standard that's in play.

It makes no sense Slashs threads couldnt be here but Izzys are allowed. I guess the mods have their reasons for it to be that way

And to the people who expect an album - wtf. Izzy promised 3 songs and we got 2 of them, so this must be the sessions for the third logically concluded. An album is like super unlikely in this scenario

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

2 hours ago, Babooshka said:

i wasn't talking to you i was only quoting the pure ridiculousness that once apon of time Slash's work was banned from being posted.

its beyond ridiculous that people take this stuff that seriously that they get offended that other people dare take interest in a former members music.

• Like 1

Izzy albums never surprise, but they never disappoint either. He's been doing pretty much the same stuff since day 1, and I've loved it since. Would love a new album! :) I don't really like the way he just puts a single on iTunes every now and then. 

On 05/10/2016 at 7:02 AM, Caraibes said:

We don't care.

STOP with this Izzy propaganda on this message board. Are some of you paid for this propaganda? or what?

It's all about Fortus now. It's been all about him for the last 15 years.

MOVE ON

Some care, some don't. 

Deal with it.

• Like 1

On 07/10/2016 at 5:33 PM, RussTCB said:

It's worth noting that Slash was given his own section of the forum because his solo career was so active. 

Any thread that was posted in the GNR section was being clogged up by people arguing about whether or not it belonged in the GNR section or not. 

No one could actually discuss the news that was posted because every thread went that way, so we created an entire section just for Slash discussion in an attempt to please everyone. 

To make it sound like Slash stories were being hidden or moved somewhere out of view is ridiculous. 

Again, the only reason this thread was left in the GNR section is because so many people wish he was part of the current lineup. So we left it in the main section assuming people who like him a great deal would want to discuss possible new material by him. 

As many of us have said over and over: this isn't an exact science and none of us are perfect. We're just trying to make the majority of people if/when we can. 

That is an oversimplification Russ, but w/e. None of this is new.

On 10/6/2016 at 5:05 PM, Slash787 said:

Cause half of the songs in GUNS N' ROSES were written by IZZY STRADLIN and NOT BY RICARDO FORTUS! 

Can't argue this. Some of you need to understand the difference between me telling you what I think SHOULD happen versus telling you what actually IS happening. 

On 10/6/2016 at 6:08 PM, RONIN said:

Talk of Izzy seems to drive the Axlites into a frenzy these days. He's the new Slash for them.

The irony of saying news about the co-founder and main songwriter of the band doesn't belong in the main forum... especially when the band is still a touring nostalgia act. :facepalm:

It is. Which is why I DID NOT GO TO METLIFE to see them. Slash and duff joined axls band. Some people don't want to see that. Same songs, they just dusted off coma and Double talking jive. Which was a compromise with slash. Kind of like duff getting attitude and his solo parts. 

Thats the situation at hand. I don't know, it appears Axl might not feel it's necessary because fortus is there. Maybe Axl slash and duff just know they're all that's needed to sell out a 50,000 plus stadium so screw dealing him in because they can get bigger paychecks..? Aka A CASH GRAB!! Either way Izzy clearly wants back in the loot and full time..

I think Izzy should be given a shot. But hey... dont shoot me. Some of you need to point the finger at axl slash and duff. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2016 at 6:31 PM, RussTCB said:

We have to walk a weird line with Izzy's stuff. It's defintely not GN'R when it's his solo stuff, but people seem really interested in it. We'll leave it in the main section for now and hope for the best discussion. For those of you who aren't interested in Izzy, his solo work or just want to discuss Richard Fortus; take it somewhere else and stop trolling this thread. Thanks.

I think it's great he's in the studio, I'm intrigued with his solo material and looking forward to hearing it. Also, I hope he rejoins the band at some point. All is good :D 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, wasted said:

This could be Izzy's biggest record. Seems like there's a lot more interest in his stuff right now. 

I hope he decides to distribute hard copies of it rather than digital only. I hate that and haven't bought one yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I hope he decides to distribute hard copies of it rather than digital only. I hate that and haven't bought one yet.

I doubt that happens... that takes weeks to months, digital, days to get it set up for distribution.

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

And a little touring wouldn't hurt either. Ah, a woman can dream :lol:

I just saw this on Twitter guys! Apparently, Izzy is still recording things!

c6jt33e.png

• Like 3