How much do club bands/openers earn per show?

I always wanted to be in a band, but that dream din't come true, but I was always curios that how much do bands earn per gig at a club? or well even openers for big bands?

I have seen Gilby Clarke and Bumblefoot live, they played a pretty small clubs, maybe up to 300 people or less? so how much would they get per show?

What about bands like Sixx Am? They usually play somewhere between Clubs and Arena's, like theaters.

What about openers for big bands like GNR who are basically selling out stadiums? 

@ZoSoRose @RussTCB @Graeme I guess you guys have good knowledge about the music industry and how things go, so any opinions? 

2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

A lot of bands start out just playing for 'drinks' but it's all good practice

Yeah, it's generally a logical progression. At first you're likely playing shows for free (and you're selling tickets on behalf of the venue/promoter), it's possible you get a % of sales in that case. For more professional shows like opening for touring acts, if you're local it's likely you're not getting paid at all - possibly receiving food from the venue, maybe additionally a % of your sales and/or a small stipend. 

If you're playing the bar circuit or doing some well planned regional playing, and doing 2+ hour sets, could be several hundred dollars or more at the right places. I don't know how much professional touring acts earn, but it costs a lot to tour - it's tough to make serious money. Even bands that have label help for touring sometimes run out of cash.