20 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Nice collection @action!

I'd show you mine but it is quite small at this point. My Nintendo 64 collection consists of Mario 64, GoldenEye, The World Is Not Enough, and Perfect Dark. I had about 60 games, mostly complete in box, at the height of my Nintendo 64 interest but a couple of years ago I downsized. I liked the money better considering these are basically the only games I still play. :lol:

My copy of Mario 64 is autographed by Charles Martinet so that's my one claim to fame for collecting Nintendo.

I couldn't possibly think of a game I'd like to get rid of. maybe splatoon 2 because of lack of a decent offline multiplayer mode, but even that game has an enjoyable singleplayer mode I know I'd like to revisit sometime.

I don't collect for the sake of collecting, I collect because playing games is my hobby. When you're 39 years old, there tend to be a lot of games in your backlog. Every new game that I buy only adds to the collection, so I consider my new purchases wisely.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought the Nintendo Switch for my husband today. He says I'm a good wife.

Never played the original. So I'm pretty pumped! As required by law, I must purchase every Zelda game ever made!  

On 10/6/2020 at 9:42 AM, action said:

I couldn't possibly think of a game I'd like to get rid of. maybe splatoon 2 because of lack of a decent offline multiplayer mode, but even that game has an enjoyable singleplayer mode I know I'd like to revisit sometime.

I don't collect for the sake of collecting, I collect because playing games is my hobby. When you're 39 years old, there tend to be a lot of games in your backlog. Every new game that I buy only adds to the collection, so I consider my new purchases wisely.

I used to be like that. I rarely ever did the buy/sell/trade thing but then as I got older (and especially after I had kids) I found that I just wasn't gaming as much as I used to. This year was an exception of course, but otherwise I might only play through a couple of games per year and usually my focus is on newer titles. It seemed silly to have say Mario Party (the first one) sitting on the shelf when I will probably never play it again.

• Like 1

these days, I'm going for simplicity. So I started collecting game & watch games.

donkey kong II was my first proper video game, I have that boxed.

Today, I'm going to fetch "green house" and "zelda", for the total sum of 200 euro. I just love the dual screen setup, and I'm focusing on those to collect.

bought this baby today

Retro Scope: Zelda (Game & Watch) « Nintendojo

1 frame per second gameplay, 1 color sprites, it's basically a calculator on steroids (sporting a whopping 4 bit of CPU power). but infintely addicting gameplay.

This is nintendo at it's absolute finest when it comes to hardware / software integration and creativity.

Doing much with little; this has always been the way of nintendo

Edited by action

Bummed the rumored Mass Effect trilogy remaster is now reportedly not coming to the Switch. Would have liked those 3 games and all their DLCs for the system

• GNFNR 1
1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Bummed the rumored Mass Effect trilogy remaster is now reportedly not coming to the Switch. Would have liked those 3 games and all their DLCs for the system

Is Mass Effect 3 any good? I really enjoyed the first two but never got past the first hour or so of number 3. Not because I thought it was bad I hasten to add. I just didn't manage to find the time.

Edited by Dazey
3 hours ago, Dazey said:

Is Mass Effect 3 any good? I really enjoyed the first two but never got past the first hour or so of number 3. Not because I thought it was bad I hasten to add. I just didn't manage to find the time.

Yes! It gets a ton of hate but the game itself is fantastic and has some of my favorite parts in the series. It was my favorite one for years, but looking back, I think 2 is my favorite now. 

The original endings were terrible and inexcusable, but with the Leviathan DLC (which 100% should have been in the game from the start) and the extended cut endings (still not amazing, but significantly better) its a pretty incredible action game. 

I haven't played the originals since they came out, but I was crazy for Mass Effect in around 2010-2012. Andromeda was a huge let down

Back to Super Mario 3D All Stars, I've just finished up SM64 yesterday. I got all 6 stars on every Course (didn't try to get the 100 coins stars) and had a lot of fun going through it - the camera really got on my nerves at times but its all good.

Started Sunshine today (first time playing it) and it looks great. Seems very different to typical Mario games, but thats not a bad thing (I loved SM2 when I was a kid).