Nintendo should really keep with the local multiplayer, its been a great feature on the Switch.

Overcooked and Smash have been a lot of fun for local multiplayer, I need to grab Mario Kart

I played the SNES Metroid @Dazey, its pretty awesome

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never played the original. So I'm pretty pumped! As required by law, I must purchase every Zelda game ever made!  

I bought the Nintendo Switch for my husband today. He says I'm a good wife.

Everything I see about this impresses me

@action100% on everything you said.

I feel like Nintendo is, perhaps somewhat ironically, the least consumer friendly of the big three. Be it the undying commitment to Nintendo Online, overpriced peripherals, no sales, and so forth. It comes down to them being able to charge what they charge simply because they can. They have the heavy hitters (Mario, Zelda, etc...) and nostalgia on their side, plus a fiercely loyal fanbase.

The funny thing is, I almost feel like they would be set to make more money if they did things like Sony or Microsoft. Make the old games available for purchase instead of committing so hard to Switch Online. At the very least - give the option. I think Game Pass works so effectively because by itself it is a great deal, but it doesn't replace the ability for people to still buy those games at reasonable costs to own forever.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, James Bond said:

The funny thing is, I almost feel like they would be set to make more money if they did things like Sony or Microsoft. Make the old games available for purchase instead of committing so hard to Switch Online. At the very least - give the option. I think Game Pass works so effectively because by itself it is a great deal, but it doesn't replace the ability for people to still buy those games at reasonable costs to own forever.

I think the nintendo fanbase were always not very interested in playing online. see the gamecube era, with xbox and PS2 making large efforts for online play, and nintendo completely missing that boat. I didn't hear many nintendo fanboys complain.

Even today, not that many people have nintendo online. And of those that have, don't underestimate the portion that only has it in order to play nes and snes games, and never play a game online. But this portion, still pays 20 euro a year. Five years makes nintendo 100 euro.

And of those that play snes and nes games, theres a large portion that only plays a handfull of games in the selection. 

Had those games been available for purchase, say at 9 euro, then at the end of the day it would make nintendo less money in their business model which foces on nintendo online.

All of this, because some suit at nintendo decided to go forth with nintendo online. But when all is said and done, I don't think even nintendo will be pleased with the financial results. Nintendo online subscriptions are still less than satisfactory. Missed opportunity, miscalculations, disattachment with the fanbase... you name it