Slade is 70 today

James Bond

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Oi! i like a bit of Slade and if i wasn't hungover i'd come and give you a slap:bitchfight:

I'm drinking now and I've been drinking all day and i also love Slade :lol:  Your proximity makes the threat seem unsettlingly real so I'm going to refrain from gobbing off further, perchance you work for the government and have some sort of tracking device and really do come give me a slap.  And nobody wants a Welwyn slap, not on a Sunday :lol:  You're closer to nature you lot, more heavy handed :lol:

• Like 2

Just now, Len Cnut said:

I'm drinking now and I've been drinking all day and i also love Slade :lol:  Your proximity makes the threat seem unsettlingly real so I'm going to refrain from gobbing off further, perchance you work for the government and have some sort of tracking device and really do come give me a slap.  And nobody wants a Welwyn slap, not on a Sunday :lol:  You're closer to nature you lot, more heavy handed :lol:

well 'ard i am:P

I love the track 'Everyday' so underplayed

• Like 1

Slade were probably a better band than their camp image belies, not too mention the omnipresence of that terrible Christmas single which immediately brings forth images in one's mind of Christmas Eve instigated hangovers, Brussels Sprouts, the Queen's Speech and Only Fools and Horses repeats. Noddy Holder was actually primus inter pares for Bon Scott's replacement. 

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

THey were the bollocks man

I wouldn't go that far, although, as James Brown and Curtis were the soundtrack to the civil rights movement, and Oasis the soundtrack to Blair's Britain, so Slade are the soundtrack to spending one's time on the toilet on December 26th, having been inundated with soaps, comedy repeats, sprouts, tempestuous (and errant) family members and alcohol. If there is a band for that particular moment, then Slade are the best band in the world.