Jump to content

If That Ain't Country


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I took a live video during the Shooter Jennings concert Saturday. This is his version of the George Jones's song The Door. The Waymore's Outlaws are the band backing him up. Keep in mind that the drum

I'll mix in some wrestling related country music. 

Posted Images

This is song is very much in the vein of The Flying Burrito Brothers of like acid rock country from the early 70's. They could hard rock and they are (to me) unsung heroins of music in general. Check it.

Fanny - Sound And The Fury

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2020 at 11:21 PM, Jabberwocky said:

This is song is very much in the vein of The Flying Burrito Brothers of like acid rock country from the early 70's. They could hard rock and they are (to me) unsung heroins of music in general. Check it.

Fanny - Sound And The Fury

 

It's got that sound doesn't it? Like that's the definition of that sound. Never heard that before, very good.

There is something about that sound, it's soothing or something, very chill. I like all the harmony stuff from that time too.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J Dog said:

I liked that!

Something about background vocals kicking in on songs like that, when done right it’s like perfection.

I saw him perform this song in a movie and it immediately spoke to me. I didn't know whether to post a live or a studio version, so I'll post the live version anyway, it has more background vocals in it,

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2020 at 11:08 AM, EvanG said:

I saw him perform this song in a movie and it immediately spoke to me. I didn't know whether to post a live or a studio version, so I'll post the live version anyway, it has more background vocals in it,

 

Perfect.

Not sure how you feel about Jack White but this is in the same vein. Real nice breakdown near the end. Plus Ricky Skaggs is a boss player.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2020 at 10:59 AM, J Dog said:

Perfect.

Not sure how you feel about Jack White but this is in the same vein. Real nice breakdown near the end. Plus Ricky Skaggs is a boss player.

 

Skaggs rocks 

ooops... paste fail

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...