If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

1 minute ago, lame ass security said:

Thanks man. I can still remember driving home one night going through the stations and this came on. I was blown away and vid is amazing too.

You wouldn’t believe it, but as usual I have been into the sauce on a Saturday. But what’s not usual is, I was surfing YouTube on our big tv, playing music videos and subjecting my wife @Whiskey Rose to deep country cuts, which thrills her to say the least... Anyway, I played the Jamey Johnson version of this on our tv... and she happens to come in here and says you posted it... so that’s fuckin weird. But cheers man- you sound great on it! Has anyone told you that you look like Bon Scott?

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

You wouldn’t believe it, but as usual I have been into the sauce on a Saturday. But what’s not usual is, I was surfing YouTube on our big tv, playing music videos and subjecting my wife @Whiskey Rose to deep country cuts, which thrills her to say the least... Anyway, I played the Jamey Johnson version of this on our tv... and she happens to come in here and says you posted it... so that’s fuckin weird. But cheers man- you sound great on it! Has anyone told you that you look like Bon Scott?

Thanks again. Wow, that is pretty weird indeed, but cool. So you had just watched the video before I posted my version?Can't say I've ever gotten the Bon comparison but it's cool. 

On 10/4/2020 at 12:55 AM, Fitha_whiskey said:

Skynard fuckin rocks but George Jones liked em

I really wish they were recorded live to tape in a studio. To me there is something lost in translation between them being a kick ass band live and them in a structured studio setting. I know it was "of the time" to do shit like that but I could name a ton of bands that should have been
1. Set up the equipment.
2. Hit the record button
3. Let them do their thing.

Listen to the lyrics. Who hasn't wanted to do this to their boss? :lol:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

I really wish they were recorded live to tape in a studio. To me there is something lost in translation between them being a kick ass band live and them in a structured studio setting. I know it was "of the time" to do shit like that but I could name a ton of bands that should have been
1. Set up the equipment.
2. Hit the record button
3. Let them do their thing.

Listen to the lyrics. Who hasn't wanted to do this to their boss? :lol:

I agree on all the Skynard points... they have great songs but live they’re just the shit. And Ronnie just stands barefoot with his eyes closed and belts it out...

And yeah- that’s a cool JC song... he sang em for the working man... like they all used to... that’s why I love country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Man, I love Mac Davis. This song and Don't Get Hooked on Me are amazing. He was a great writer too, he wrote In The Ghetto and I think Daddy Please Don't Cry for Elvis.  And he was a decent actor, he was really good as the the old QB in North Dallas Forty.

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 1