Chinese Democracy, Contraband or Slash

Chinese Democracy, Contraband or Slash?  

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Didnt include Izzy. Otherwise, On down the Road is my favorite. Just the releases that reached the masses. 

Also if you vote other tell us which. I loved the SMKC records especially Anastasia which might be Slash's best work outside of GN'R. Snakepit etc. 

Edited by Top-Hatted One

23 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I like Chinese Democracy but I don't like listening to it...if that makes sense

Actually, that makes perfect sense.

I'll say Contraband. I have to be in a certain mood these days to listen to CD. I really like Slash too, just not as much as the others.

• Like 1

I like both Chinese Democracy and Contraband, but in different ways. I can listen to both straight through but Contraband is an easier listen. Chinese Democracy is one of my favorite albums but there are some songs on there you just have to be in the mood for, where almost anything from Contraband can pop on and I'll listen to it. 

None of Slash's solo stuff really did it for me and if you played me a Slash/Myles song and told me it was Alter Bridge I wouldn't know the difference.

I think Chinese and Contraband are awful, however, at least you get a few good Slash solos (and one or two riffs) on the latter, though neither could be considered 'good' albums. I did quite like Libertad though. Slash is the most enjoyable of the three and indeed, Slash's best post-GN'R album.

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

if you played me a Slash/Myles song and told me it was Alter Bridge I wouldn't know the difference.

C'mon now. You're a GNR fan but are trying to tell us that you can't recognize Slash's sound and style of play? AB sounds nothing like any of Slash's work.

With regard to the question posed, Apocalyptic Love for me. CD and Contraband are a close second.

Edited by thunderram

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Surely your choice would be,

585px-Adler_-_Back_from_the_Dead_album_c

Alder should be upfront! Put the singer in the back!

But seriously I only listened to two Adler songs (can't remember which ones) and they're not bad. Nothing memorable for me personally but I can see why the Appetite Era fans like it so much.