Member Picture Thread

Słash

He indeed had a Zoroastrian funeral.  

Zorastrianism is the oldest religion of Iran as well as once having been the primary religion.  With the introduction of Islam, many Zoroastrians first went to the straight of Hormuz then decided they needed to keep it moving, and landed in various countries. 

There are some very interesting side notes Re Zoroastrianism, decent article here:

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20170406-this-obscure-religion-shaped-the-west

Yes, it's a Christian fundamentalist country and queens used to terrify them, still true to an extent. I remember watching the Benny Hill Show as a kid and being amazed at the contrast of what was acceptable humor vs what appeared on US television.  Strangely enough, Americans frequently comment how stuffy and uptight Brits are.

When Freddie went for the macho look, Queen plummeted in the US, they used to throw razors on the stage, it was "too gay". 

1 minute ago, Pishy said:

He indeed had a Zoroastrian funeral.  

Zorastrianism is the oldest religion of Iran as well as once having been the primary religion.  With the introduction of Islam, many Zoroastrians first went to the straight of Hormuz then decided they needed to keep it moving, and landed in various countries. 

There are some very interesting side notes Re Zoroastrianism, decent article here:

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20170406-this-obscure-religion-shaped-the-west

Yes, it's a Christian fundamentalist country and queens used to terrify them, still true to an extent. I remember watching the Benny Hill Show as a kid and being amazed at the contrast of what was acceptable humor vs what appeared on US television.  Strangely enough, Americans frequently comment how stuffy and uptight Brits are.

When Freddie went for the macho look, Queen plummeted in the US, they used to throw razors on the stage, it was "too gay". 

During the war (bear with me) British prisoners of war used to do a bit of variety which involved dressing up as women. 

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

During the war (bear with me) British prisoners of war used to do a bit of variety which involved dressing up as women. 

That doesn't surprise me in the least, and from what I've seen, it means nothing in regard to one's sexual orientation, it's stage, humor.

One American film I really liked as a kid was "Tootsie", where Dustin Hoffman dresses up as a woman but the plot and reasoning is totally different. He was a convincing woman and no one knew he was really a man. brits do it overtly , everyone knows it's a man and that's part of the humor, the guy dressed as a woman with hairy legs making a spectacle .

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

he had a Zoroastrian funeral I read.

The Brits love a good queen. Frankie Howard and Kenneth Williams. British blokes love to dress as women also, especially at cricket matches. No wonder the yanks think we are all wooftas.

I told you cricket is gay. But you were going all "oh no you didn't!" on me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2017 at 9:12 PM, Powerage5 said:

A few more from my UK trip - still catching up on all of my pictures :lol: 

Looking winded at the top of Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh:
20882121_1862847860397903_34566744756280

Portmeirion in Wales:
21034361_1870128453003177_52788969701648

The Roman Baths in Bath:
21230760_1879332302082792_10334039822888

Stonehenge:
21192718_1879965992019423_84949461371620

Mapledurham Watermill near Reading - the location of the first Black Sabbath album cover:
21558639_1887833761232646_26938840270485

Amazing pictures. Love seeing the younger generation out there exploring and living life to the fullest.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2017 at 2:30 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Iron Maiden shirt of course obligatory, although I noticed you have foregone Maiden in Edinburgh for a light pink number.

Didn't wanna hike up a mountain in one of my Maiden shirts, I wanted something more comfortable :lol:

But don't worry - I'm working on my pics from the US tour, and the Maiden shirts are back - this one is Washington DC:

22050344_1908237332525622_22935523049944

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

You already asked me a couple pages back, and I already answered - she's cut back on touring quite a bit.

Oh sorry, my brain is fried.

5 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

You've been around here a lot longer than me, so I realize you have a history with people here. But I've seen you fucking with some people who haven't been around long enough to piss you off. What's your deal man? 

I wasn't aware I was, but thanks and I will take this as a corrective measure.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Monument Valley looks awesome. Was that your GF?

Yeah. It is amazing, but sadly we couldn't drive the whole valley, our car wasn't suited for it. Got less than a mile into the trail and nearly got stuck. Gotta go back someday with a more suitable vehicle and drive the whole thing.

• Like 1