Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

11 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen this performance. So goes the not enough presence on stage. OMG, Spidey, thanks for this gem. :wub:

The crowd are singing “there’s only one Izzy Stradlin” to him :heart:

He has the coolest stage presence and I love how inclusive he is of the other band members, like how he treats Richard. You can see why people say he is a band leader :wub:

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He has the coolest stage presence and I love how inclusive he is of the other band members, like how he treats Richard. You can see why people say he is a band leader :wub:

When are they singing that? I didn’t catch that! Good crowd! I love Sheffield now!! :lol:

And yes, all of that you’re saying. He’s so cool and sweet at the same time. And his smile in the end ... awww :wub:

:lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

There were also some Greeks in the crowd, apparently. After Axl announces Izzy, someone is heard yelling in Greek something that translates into "Fuck yeah, Izzy!"! :lol:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

I guess most of you haven't been following the CD leaks saga that has been almost all over D&N in the last two months, so maybe you haven't heard about the Izzy related stuff.

According to what has been known about the source of these leaks, the storage locker, which belonged to Tom Zutaut, didn't contain only the CD era demos, but also demos of the second "lost" Ju Ju Hounds album (as well as some AFD and UYI demo tapes).

The Ju Ju Hounds demos were bought along the rest of the content of the storage locker, then the tape was sold on discogs. So it's in someone's hands but hasn't leaked yet.

I wonder if Izzy knows about this.

Edited by Blackstar
typos
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

There were also some Greeks in the crowd, apparently. After Axl announces Izzy, someone is heard yelling in Greek something that translates into "Fuck yeah, Izzy!"! :lol:

I heard the people talking in a different language and then one yelling - funny they can be heard over everyone else :P (j/k)

Maybe they came over for the show but there are quite a few Greek people living in Sheffield - my best friend here all through school was Greek :heart: 

22 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I guess most of you haven't been following the CD leaks saga that has been almost all over D&N in the last two months, so maybe you haven't heard about the Izzy related stuff.

According to what has been known about the source of these leaks, the storage locker, which belonged to Tom Zutaut, didn't contain only the CD era demos, but also demos of the second "lost" Ju Ju Hounds album (as well as some AFD and UYI demo tapes).

The Ju Ju Hounds demos were bought along the rest of the content of the storage locker, then the CD was sold on discogs. So it's in someone hands but hasn't leaked yet.

I wonder if Izzy knows about this.

Is it an album of unheard songs? 

Will it possibly leak the same way all of Axl’s old demos have?

Is it from live in Greece???? I'm Greek and I saw them in 2006.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I heard the people talking in a different language and then one yelling - funny they can be heard over everyone else :P (j/k)

Maybe they came over for the show but there are quite a few Greek people living in Sheffield - my best friend here all through school was Greek :heart: 

Aww :heart:

The ones at the show are classic loud and noisy Greeks :lol:

11 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Is it an album of unheard songs? 

Will it possibly leak the same way all of Axl’s old demos have?

It's a tape of rough mixes. Most of the songs are unheard, I think. Two of them are on later Izzy solo albums (I guess Izzy re-recorded them) and one is maybe "Goodnight Tonight" that was played at early GnR shows.

R-13850373-1562530251-2081.jpeg.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/Izzy-Stradlin-And-The-Ju-Ju-Hounds-November-1993-DAT-Bill-Price-Rough-Mixes/release/13850373

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, cindy1985 said:

I was in the 2006 too.!!!!!! 🎉 I'm still searching the live from, 93.. 

Only audio exists from the 1993 Athens show, not good quality. I sent it to you :)

I have also posted a couple of reviews from Greek magazines back in the day - not too positive ones :lol: - and translated them into English, here:

http://www.a-4-d.com/t2017-1993-05-24-olympic-stadium-athens-greece

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It's a tape of rough mixes. Most of the songs are unheard, I think. Two of them are on later Izzy solo albums (I guess Izzy re-recorded them) and one is maybe "Goodnight Tonight" that was played at early GnR shows.

R-13850373-1562530251-2081.jpeg.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/Izzy-Stradlin-And-The-Ju-Ju-Hounds-November-1993-DAT-Bill-Price-Rough-Mixes/release/13850373

Interesting - I suppose this information has been forgotten since the other stuff has been leaking but I really wonder what has happened to these and the AfD/UYI demos and why were all of them with Zutaut? What does he have to do with Izzy and Ju Ju Hounds?

If Izzy knows it would have been extra fun for him to have been in the Louder Than Life Festival too - seeing as Tom was there :lol:

I saw in the show thread Axl had the backstage area cleared when he arrived haha!!

49 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I was at the 2006 show in Greece, too :heart: - and in the 1993 one :) 

Was Izzy at both?

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Interesting - I suppose this information has been forgotten since the other stuff has been leaking but I really wonder what has happened to these and the AfD/UYI demos and why were all of them with Zutaut? What does he have to do with Izzy and Ju Ju Hounds?

It's been said that the person who originally bought the CD demos bought the Izzy tape as well. The AFD and UYI tapes have been bought by other people. I don't know how much truth there is in all this. Probably the Izzy tape is being traded among hoarders. I'm not sure about the AFD stuff, but the UYI tapes seem to be almost the same as the final mixes that ended up on the albums, so the value lies mainly in the physical copies (for people who collect this stuff) and not the content.

Izzy recorded the first Ju Ju Hounds album at Geffen. I guess the second one was going to be released by Geffen too, and that's why Zutaut had it.

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

If Izzy knows it would have been extra fun for him to have been in the Louder Than Life Festival too - seeing as Tom was there :lol:

I saw in the show thread Axl had the backstage area cleared when he arrived haha!!

:lol:

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Was Izzy at both?

Yes :heart:

• Like 1

Only audio exists from the 1993 Athens show, not good quality. I sent it to you :)

I have also posted a couple of reviews from Greek magazines back in the day - not too positive ones :lol: - and translated them into English, here:

http://www.a-4-d.com/t2017-1993-05-24-olympic-stadium-athens-greece

This is really great stuff and pretty funny too 

Two whole hours later, and after they had managed to gall even their most devoted fans (comments like "Τhey’re playing us for wankers" and "Who do they think they are?" were flying around me in the arena), :lol:

and a singer/frontman in love with himself, who he sees as the new Messiah. 🤣

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Was Izzy at both?

Yes... 93 and 2006.

20 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

This is really great stuff and pretty funny too 

Two whole hours later, and after they had managed to gall even their most devoted fans (comments like "Τhey’re playing us for wankers" and "Who do they think they are?" were flying around me in the arena), :lol:

and a singer/frontman in love with himself, who he sees as the new Messiah. 🤣

We didn't have much information then. We didn't know that they were always late and we thought they were only late for us :lol:

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

We didn't have much information then. We didn't know that they were always late and we thought they were only late for us :lol:

They were late back to93. Rumors said that axl played video games. In 2006 were on time I think. 

5 minutes ago, cindy1985 said:

They were late back to93. Rumors said that axl played video games. In 2006 were on time I think. 

In 2006 there were a little late, iirc.

The rumour I remember from 1993 was that they were playing golf and having sex with groupies at the hotel :lol:

--------

This video has some pre-show footage and interviews with crew members at the Olympic Stadium a day before the show:

http://www.a-4-d.com/t3955-1993-05-31-the-o-zone-bbc-one-guns-n-roses-in-athens-slash-duff-matt-dizzy

Edited by Blackstar

25 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

In 2006 there were a little late, iirc.

The rumour I remember from 1993 was that they were playing golf and having sex with groupies at the hotel :lol:

--------

This video has some pre-show footage and interviews with crew members at the Olympic Stadium a day before the show:

http://www.a-4-d.com/t3955-1993-05-31-the-o-zone-bbc-one-guns-n-roses-in-athens-slash-duff-matt-dizz

Yeah. Probably.. I don't remember that they were late in 2006. I was so happy because izzy was there

• 2 weeks later...