08/16/17 - Buffalo, NY - New Era Field

Estranged Reality

38 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I disagree. There are plenty of videos and phone recordings that he sounds good on. It can't go both ways.

I think most singers at rock shows sound better in person.. A lot of the imperfections are covered up by the volume/crowd at a rock show.. Vince Neil is awful but it always sounds better when you are there.. Not a huge fan of Myles but he always sounded great in person.. I think it generally sounds better when you are there..

There are nights when everyone agrees Axl sounds good.. That is after hearing recording from different peoples phones. He isn't bad on some recordings and good on others recordings of the same songs from the same show. He was just good that night.

That said he is still good enough to pull it off in a live setting night after night. It is always better when you are there but he is definitely better some nights than others. He is older and his throat has taken a beating. Not to mention he has been a work horse for the last year and a half straight.  

Some song she is better at than others but nightly he still has the jaw dropping screams in the tank when he needs them.

Can't agree with you on Vince Neil. He sounds like shit when you're there. But I get what you're saying and agree. My Michelle and better were really the only song I thought sounded like crap being there

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

I'd imagine it hurts like hell. Just my opinion. Not a singer. Probably different for him than to me. 

Close your eyes and you'd think you're listen to Illusions era. God damn. 

It doesn't hurt. He can run and use that voice. Look at ending of Patience

its simply a choice to not use that voice on NR. I think he could do it quite easily with no damage at all 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

It doesn't hurt. He can run and use that voice. Look at ending of Patience

its simply a choice to not use that voice on NR. I think he could do it quite easily with no damage at all 

I think he can't reach all the notes necessary to sing NR in this voice, and would have to switch to falsetto anyway.

6 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

I think he can't reach all the notes necessary to sing NR in this voice, and would have to switch to falsetto anyway.

I'll have to listen to November Rain studio version and see. It's been a while but I think your right. However I think there is a version of this voice that would work on the song throughout 

3 hours ago, TupacShakur said:

found a video of only woman bleed

why doesnt he use that voice for November rain? do you think it hurts?

Seriously!!! I thought the exact same thing he sand this intro last time. I think he sounded even better on that one! November Rain would sounds killer like that. It also got me thinking that It's Alright would actually sound killer these days too if he sang it like that.

5 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Agreed! But everyone says it's good in person. I'll find out next month

What show(s) are you going to? I'll be at the Vancouver and Gorge shows. I've pretty much accepted that they will be the 'Slash show', and before anyone tells me I need to see Axl live to appreciate his voice, I saw him in 2011, 2012 and 2014. I know what his clean voice sounds like in person, I've said before that it's easy to 'ignore' while you're at the show, but I also saw him in 2010 and 2016 and it is better in person when he has some grit in his voice. I'm still of the opinion that he's coasting through these shows and will [once again] f'n bring it for the next round of ACDC shows, whenever they are.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

What show(s) are you going to? I'll be at the Vancouver and Gorge shows. I've pretty much accepted that they will be the 'Slash show', and before anyone tells me I need to see Axl live to appreciate his voice, I saw him in 2011, 2012 and 2014. I know what his clean voice sounds like in person, I've said before that it's easy to 'ignore' while you're at the show, but I also saw him in 2010 and 2016 and it is better in person when he has some grit in his voice. I'm still of the opinion that he's coasting through these shows and will [once again] f'n bring it for the next round of ACDC shows, whenever they are.

I'll be going to El Paso so we'll see what he brings. I'm expecting pretty much what we've seen on the recordings lately. I saw Arlington last year and Axl's vocals were pretty damn good. On par with the best shows I'd seen previously from that tour. Then he brought the house down two nights later in Houston. 

Hopefully I feel like everyone else that's gone to a show lately. I'll be as honest as I possibly can be on my review for better or worse. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

There Is no doubt he will sound amazing with AC/DC and full of rasp. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I'll be going to El Paso so we'll see what he brings. I'm expecting pretty much what we've seen on the recordings lately. I saw Arlington last year and Axl's vocals were pretty damn good. On par with the best shows I'd seen previously from that tour. Then he brought the house down two nights later in Houston. 

Hopefully I feel like everyone else that's gone to a show lately. I'll be as honest as I possibly can be on my review for better or worse. 

He's got some high expectations to live up to in Texas, those were some good shows last year.

I'm hoping Axl surprises me when I see them in September, but I'm expecting to basically hear a 2002-Axl* with a God-like Slash.

(*meaning a more powerful, but more prevalent clean voice than 2012-2014)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

To everyone saying axl sounded awful, the videos never do him justice, he sounds fucking amazing in person, his screams last night just ran right through you like nothing you’d ever felt

Totally agree. I've been to several shows on this tour and I said last night, I've heard more rasp and longer screams, but he seemed to just have a super powerful voice last night. 

12 hours ago, coolranchdressing! said:

First time pit for the NITL tour and was 2nd row close to Axl...managed to toss my thong up there, Axl picked it up smiled, and tossed it back into the pit (now why didn't he keep it? Haha)...if anyone has video of that let me know...it was during 2nd song Mr.B. 

Was a a lot of fun...I was dancing all night (in wedges mind you!) with my friends...there were some fights around us, and one girl shoving me at the start, and I shut that down. 

Great set list; had I used to love her, OWB Intro, yesterday's...

cant wait for Montreal next!

Glad you enjoyed. Always happy to hear from ppl who actually attend the shows and what they thought of it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, coolranchdressing! said:

First time pit for the NITL tour and was 2nd row close to Axl...managed to toss my thong up there, Axl picked it up smiled, and tossed it back into the pit (now why didn't he keep it? Haha)...if anyone has video of that let me know...it was during 2nd song Mr.B. 

Was a a lot of fun...I was dancing all night (in wedges mind you!) with my friends...there were some fights around us, and one girl shoving me at the start, and I shut that down. 

Great set list; had I used to love her, OWB Intro, yesterday's...

cant wait for Montreal next!

Coolranchundressing. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Did someone already post the video where Axl was backing up and almost went into Slash. They both got scared for a second ,then smiled. That was awesome. I've seen 10 shows since April in Vegas and this was one of the best. 

Not sure, but,  think what was  post for someone, i not remember in what section

• 2 months later...