08/16/17 - Buffalo, NY - New Era Field

Estranged Reality

1 hour ago, Maynard James Keenan said:

Agreed.  Going to keep checking for TM discounts or the secondary market going way down in the coming months.

Prices already dropped and look like they'll continue to drop. My $45 tix are now $35. But good news is if they keep dropping Ticketmaster let's you upgrade for $5 as long as the tickets are the same price or more expensive than your original ones. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2017 at 4:14 PM, KiernanProud said:

Prices already dropped and look like they'll continue to drop. My $45 tix are now $35. But good news is if they keep dropping Ticketmaster let's you upgrade for $5 as long as the tickets are the same price or more expensive than your original ones. 

Wait they actually let you do that?

13 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Wait they actually let you do that?

Yep!  Did it for Chicago 1, upgraded from bowl to floor  - tix became available for same price.  Hoping the same thing happens for STL next month, because the Nightrain presale seat locations were not exactly prime real estate.  Phone number for exchanges is included at the following link.  http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/returns.html 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm super excited for this gig!! (I might be the only one judging by this thread so far... :lol:)

Travelling from Ireland the night before. We get in at 10 PM so by the time we get downtown from the airport it may be v late but... all going well I'd love to meet up any local fans before the gig.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maynard James Keenan said:

It does on TM:

Guns N' Roses: Not In This Lifetime Tour

Details: Guns N' Roses, Live

New Era Field - Orchard Park, NY Wed, 08/16/17
07:00 PM

Weird how Guns never announced it.

Well another shitty opener I get to see on this tour.

Edited by PsychoKiss344

On 2017-06-29 at 7:33 PM, PsychoKiss344 said:

Weird how Guns never announced it.

Well another shitty opener I get to see on this tour.

Not my favourite band, but remembering the 2002 tour when we got Mixmaster Mike and CKY, it's definitely a step up.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

New time for Buffalo, per Ticketmaster today:

(@money honey)

Hi live event fan,

Your event is still on, but it's at a new time. 

Guns N' Roses 
New Era Field
Wednesday, August 16th at 7PM with gates opening at 5:30PM

NEW TIME: 6PM
with gates opening at 4:30PM

• Like 1

On 7/21/2017 at 11:44 AM, downzy said:

Yep, I'm curious what kind of deals are available a week before the show (when I'll be buying tickets).  

Forget a week buy the day of. People will be dumping tickets on Stubhub for less than half price. Even now on Craigslist people are getting desperate and dumping for less than face value. I could care less how many people are there as long as the band puts on a great show. Also,huge bonus that Live is on the tour,I'll definitely be there early for them.

I'm getting super excited. My first time pit on NITL tour for me (went to 4 shows last year and was soooo difficult to get good seats). Driving from Toronto with four of us...getting there probably just after doors open. I wonder what the pit will be like; I'm not gunning for rail on this show, so maybe able to walk around/use bathroom etc. I just wonder how my feet and hair will hold up ???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolranchdressing! said:

I'm getting super excited. My first time pit on NITL tour for me (went to 4 shows last year and was soooo difficult to get good seats). Driving from Toronto with four of us...getting there probably just after doors open. I wonder what the pit will be like; I'm not gunning for rail on this show, so maybe able to walk around/use bathroom etc. I just wonder how my feet and hair will hold up ???

Nice to read that someone else is excited, there's a bit of negativity on this thread! My OH and I are also making a long trip to Buffalo (see above). Road trip will be awesome, I can only imagine the atmosphere in your car on the way!!

I'm a fan since Appetite days but only got to see the band for the first time on this tour, in Ireland in May... Cannot wait to see them for the second time!!

Re feet... You should be OK, adrenaline will carry you along on the day. We had 12 hours of standing at the Slane gig (doors for early entry opened at 11 AM, show ended 11 PM) and we were tired but OK. Your feet might ache the next day but it will be worth it!

Re hair... in my experience, simple is the way to go... any fancy styles won't last, especially with heat, crowds, queues for the toilets.

Then again if the venue is EMPTY as some predict here we might have the toilets all the ourselves! :lol::facepalm:

10 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

I could care less how many people are there as long as the band puts on a great show.

Hear hear!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, money honey said:

Nice to read that someone else is excited, there's a bit of negativity on this thread! My OH and I are also making a long trip to Buffalo (see above). Road trip will be awesome, I can only imagine the atmosphere in your car on the way!!

I'm a fan since Appetite days but only got to see the band for the first time on this tour, in Ireland in May... Cannot wait to see them for the second time!!

Re feet... You should be OK, adrenaline will carry you along on the day. We had 12 hours of standing at the Slane gig (doors for early entry opened at 11 AM, show ended 11 PM) and we were tired but OK. Your feet might ache the next day but it will be worth it!

Re hair... in my experience, simple is the way to go... any fancy styles won't last, especially with heat, crowds, queues for the toilets.

Then again if the venue is EMPTY as some predict here we might have the toilets all the ourselves! :lol::facepalm:

Hear hear!!!

12 hours now that's long! Yes originally I was gonna wear my Michael Kor wedges (I've worn them to the other GNR shows) but I think I'm opting for either flats or runners. 

Honestly, I think this message board and other FB groups are negative overall. I'm a positive person who had a blast at the shows and am going to 6 this year!! 

P.S. Hubby's family from Ireland the castle must've been a mythical backdrop!! ????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, coolranchdressing! said:

12 hours now that's long! Yes originally I was gonna wear my Michael Kor wedges (I've worn them to the other GNR shows) but I think I'm opting for either flats or runners. 

Honestly, I think this message board and other FB groups are negative overall. I'm a positive person who had a blast at the shows and am going to 6 this year!! 

P.S. Hubby's family from Ireland the castle must've been a mythical backdrop!! ????

Woah, 6?? Where?

The problem with Buffalo...

Rolling Stones played New Era Field in 2015 - it was the first major concert in that stadium in YEARS after it was freshly renovated. 

Rolling Stones only played a handful of North American dates in 2015, and their fans travel well. EVERY HOTEL ROOM in Buffalo was booked. Literally every hotel room.

So a majority of those fans that sold out the stadium were not from Buffalo.

This created the false sense that Buffalo is a major market. Why would anyone fly into Buffalo for this show when GNR is playing in dozens of other cities this year? There's no demand.

A show at KeyBank Center would have made more sense, but again, just seeing "Rolling Stones sold out this stadium 2 years ago" probably gave the GNR promoters a boner and they went for it.

Honest mistake.

Edited by TheSeeker