I hate astrology

john lennon

And yes, I felt that my hatred of astrology deserved its own thread. I really, really fucking hate astrology, and I hate how people believe in that bs and keep posting horoscopes everywhere (mainly because I can't stop myself from reading them and then getting pissed off because they say that bad things are gonna happen to me).

I mean seriously, how the fuck would it be possible for the stars to dictate my life and my actions? That just can't be happening, right? Fuck. I get all worked up about this shit. Like, I caught myself reading some stupid horoscope the other day and getting freaked out because it said bad things were to happen in 2017 and I would lose my job and nobody would want me around anymore anywhere any way. 

What's your opinion on horoscopes and astrology? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, john lennon said:

And yes, I felt that my hatred of astrology deserved its own thread. I really, really fucking hate astrology, and I hate how people believe in that bs and keep posting horoscopes everywhere (mainly because I can't stop myself from reading them and then getting pissed off because they say that bad things are gonna happen to me).

I mean seriously, how the fuck would it be possible for the stars to dictate my life and my actions? That just can't be happening, right? Fuck. I get all worked up about this shit. Like, I caught myself reading some stupid horoscope the other day and getting freaked out because it said bad things were to happen in 2017 and I would lose my job and nobody would want me around anymore anywhere any way. 

Why did you freak out since you don't believe it? It doesn't make sense.

I don't believe it either, so I don't spend any time on that bs. I don't even know what my horoscope is.

Edited by WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself

1 hour ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

Why did you freak out since you don't believe it? It doesn't make sense.

I don't believe it either, so I don't spend any time on that bs. I don't even know what my horoscope is.

Because I'm John Lennon and I got shot once and despite me not believing in horoscopes, I'm pretty sure mine said I shouldn't go outside that day.

Jokes aside, but I've no clue. Maybe because everything in my life seems to be going well at the moment, and I always need something to freak out about. 

How they dictate your life? They don't. Especially because the ASTROlogists don't use the star anymore. You see, they are so dumb they refuse to aknowledge that Earth and the signs, something that indian astrologists (or whatever they are) are aware of since ever, are not aligned like they were 2000-5000 years ago. Some of them say they use the seasons to track the signs instead of the stars, yet they are still producing those astral maps with wrong positions. It's all bullshit of course.

http://www.livescience.com/4667-astrological-sign.html

It is total bullshit, its so dumb people believe in this or the idiots who act as Godmen or Gurus. 

John, its nice to see you changed your mind now, before you and your friends had gone to that Ashram, I know it was basically to smoke weed and all, but George went deep in that shit. 

10 hours ago, john lennon said:

my opinion is mixed. i feel the description of my sign is eerily on point. and when i used to read my horoscope there were days that were spot on, but there were way more that were totally off the mark. the thing that ended my everyday perusal of my horoscope was there was a guy who wrote horoscopes for TV Guide of all places. what he wrote was so specific that i went through the day terrified it would come true! after that i was like i don't want to be so scared over something that is probably so not true and more than likely written by a nut!

so what's your sign John Lennon? :D ( yes i know you're a chick and so am, i just could not resist ;) )

10 hours ago, john lennon said:

You can't tell the future. Not by the stars, or anything else. The future doesn't exist until it becomes the present, so how can you predict it?

You get freaked out by fake shit. It's just another superstition. There is no truth to it whatsoever.

People believe in all kinds of lies. God for example. Or that the stars are somehow connected to our unimportant existence. We think we matter when the truth is we do not. Only to other people at best or pets.

There is no meaning or order to life. We're all just a weird experiment, a mistake you know...lol. Perhaps we're not meant to be as aware as we are, it creates confusion, or at least that's the price we pay for being so damn intelligent. (comparatively) We gotta believe in something? but there's nothing true to believe in other than maybe love which is technically fake as well and just a means to an end.

Edited by Rovim

6 hours ago, maynard said:

It's funny how only women and gay men believe in this crap. Tells a lot about the male x female brains.

sorry to burst your bubble but i have known several straight men who believe this crap. much more than i ever did ( past tense ), a mere woman *rolling eyes* one was a Scorpio who warned me i better not cross him because Scorpios always get the last word ( funny cos i got the last word with HIM ) and another who was a Capricorn and blamed it on his unability to trust people, smh...

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

sorry to burst your bubble but i have known several straight men who believe this crap. much more than i ever did ( past tense ), a mere woman *rolling eyes* one was a Scorpio who warned me i better not cross him because Scorpios always get the last word ( funny cos i got the last word with HIM ) and another who was a Capricorn and blamed it on his ability to trust people, smh...

Anyone can believe in this shit or any shit for that matter. It's not just gay men like maynard said or women. "Female brains". So limited and easily fooled. :facepalm:

• Like 1

Sorry guys and girls but a quick search on Google will show I'm right. I'm sorry if it offends you but yeah, it's a business for girls. Really sorry if it offends you. I do think women have more self-esteem issues (remember that Barbie vs He-man pic? Yeah...) and that's why they resort to this type of thing. Really sorry if it offends you, you shouldn't be offended by facts and opinions.

21 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

sorry to burst your bubble but i have known several straight men who believe this crap. much more than i ever did ( past tense ), a mere woman *rolling eyes* one was a Scorpio who warned me i better not cross him because Scorpios always get the last word ( funny cos i got the last word with HIM ) and another who was a Capricorn and blamed it on his unability to trust people, smh...

I'm a Scorpio, I used to work on nights with someone who firmly believed in horoscopes and she was convinced that all people who are Scorpios are kind of evil.

She worked with me for years, just the two of us on nights but she would always say how mean Scorpios are and I'm sat there thinking, y'know she's worked with me all this time and we got on so well, never ever fell out and she must somehow think I'm a little bit evil, how strange :lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, john lennon said:

Because I'm John Lennon and I got shot once and despite me not believing in horoscopes, I'm pretty sure mine said I shouldn't go outside that day.

Actually John very much believed in astrology and numerology and all that.

(there's always one nerdy know it all cunt ain't there? :lol: )

7 hours ago, maynard said:

It's funny how only women and gay men believe in this crap. Tells a lot about the male x female brains.

This mans a transsexual waiting to happen, mark my words :lol:

• Like 4

I think, once somebody made up a story for each sign, which could fit for any sign and most magazines are still using it. Oh btw, I was only the editors assistent:lol:

I also did the year prediction, lol. Lets take my sign, I am a taurus. Down to earth, family orientated, when angry better watch out and all that. It basicly fits everybody. But once that story was created for my sign. So I created a vague story around it. I made stuff like: October, be awere of fake friends, not everybody are what they pretend to be or watch out with money in the month November. Lol, it's pretty close to the holidays, so duh...

Anyway horoscopes in magazines are all bull. I never invested time in numerology and all that, cause I think, it's like my horoscopes and it doesn't have my interest.

Edited by MB.