Video Bootleg - Stockholm, Sweden 8-16-1991

Thanx for sharing. I didn´t know this version.

Great quality for an audience-shot back in 1991.

I think 91 was the best year of the UYI-Tour. Dont get me wrong, 92 and 93 were still amazing. But i think, in that first leg of the tour the band chemistry was still "its us against the world".

47 minutes ago, Xedos said:

Thanx for sharing. I didn´t know this version.

Great quality for an audience-shot back in 1991.

I think 91 was the best year of the UYI-Tour. Dont get me wrong, 92 and 93 were still amazing. But i think, in that first leg of the tour the band chemistry was still "its us against the world".

I agree, mainly because the vibe of the entire music business changed after Nirvana, it became cold instead of a rock n roll party, and of course Izzy was there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carburetta said:

Axl was, let's say 'animated' throughout that. Brilliant, anyway. Always interesting to see Izzy in a UYI show (I don't believe that his guitar was muted during later shows either).

Well hes never muted, hes just never audible when Slash isn't a solo. Mr Brownstone being an example, his rhythm part being absolutely non existant, when every song needs two guitars, not just one loud Slash. Live Era was cool because the songs that had Izzy performances on them you could Axl hear his guitar loud and clear in proportion to Slashs (although they somehow fucked the mastering of it, because the guitar tones sound stale to me, unless they already sounded stale)

Edited by Mendez

8 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I agree, mainly because the vibe of the entire music business changed after Nirvana, it became cold instead of a rock n roll party, and of course Izzy was there.

i dont think Nirvana or entire music business has anything to do with how good or how bad a Guns n Roses show is

now when izzy leaves the band and you replace him with another guitarrist AND A CIRCUS, now that will affect the quality of the gig

38 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

i dont think Nirvana or entire music business has anything to do with how good or how bad a Guns n Roses show is

now when izzy leaves the band and you replace him with another guitarrist AND A CIRCUS, now that will affect the quality of the gig

That's not what I said. Vibe. Not better or worse show.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

3 hours ago, gnr5 said:

Is this new??? The video of this show filmed from the big screen is out there, just wondering if this is a different source that was just released. 

I think it is new (OK, it´s on youtube since Feb 2016) but I didn´t catched it up yet.

Stockholm 1991 was as far a I know, always the Big-Screen-Filming. This Source is a good quality audience shot mainly focussing on Axl.

4 hours ago, gnr5 said:

Is this new??? The video of this show filmed from the big screen is out there, just wondering if this is a different source that was just released. 

It's been out there for quite a while, but it's still a great recording of a great show!

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

That's not what I said. Vibe. Not better or worse show.

the "vibe" changed because GNR imploded right after izzy left

its simple as that

it had nothing to do with nirvana and it had nothing to do with music business industry

had izzy stayed, had axl not gone completely control-nuts, had duff and slash not turned into waking-zombies, we would still have GNR in 1992, 1993, etc

• Like 2