True Story of Axl Rose/Kurt Cobain MTV Bust Up By Those Who Were There

"A change was in the air: the preceding 12 months had seen grunge drive a stake through the heart of the glam-metal scene that had dominated MTV and the US charts during the late 80s. As a prime mover in the latter scene, Axl Rose..."

Same old superficial and oversimplistic crap.

Edited by Blackstar

3 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Duff said he was drunk...but I would definitely bet on Axl to win...wonder if Elton found the spitty piano keys...that was just sick..:facepalm:

i really think that was the most bich move by cobain to do that 

what a horrific thing to do 

im glad it backfired on him 

his art and genius aside - what a little pussy as was axl and grohl 

slash comes out as the coolest in all this and duff is funny to have actually gone full on for it haha 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

11 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Personally I reckon Duff would fuck Axl six ways from Sunday. :lol:

Now, not in those days. Duff was so drunk most of the time, he could hardly stay on his feet. My money would be on Axl too.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Dazey said:

yes, i really think back then and obviously more now that Duff was no pussy and could take people out 

problem is axl is got that red hair temper that would make him do crazy/cheap things like probably kick guys in nuts, poke eyes out, bite etc 

15 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Yeah thats why he spent 5 years on tour bottling it from him :lol:  Only Sorum didnt shit it from him according to Slashes book and i wouldnt fancy his chances either.  I'm not making Axl out to be some hardnut but he'll clearly have it and the rest of GnR and Nirvana were blatant fannies in that regard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah thats why he spent 5 years on tour bottling it from him :lol:  Only Sorum didnt shit it from him according to Slashes book and i wouldnt fancy his chances either.  I'm not making Axl out to be some hardnut but he'll clearly have it and the rest of GnR and Nirvana were blatant fannies in that regard.

i agree i would say sorum is a pussy, slash non confrontational 'puss', adler pussy but won't back down, izzy too wasted and axl i would not want to fuck with - but for some reason duff is probably the toughest of them by far wasted or not wasted, he's got reach and is tactical that has a huge advantage 

I used to have that MTV show on tape and was watching live that night. They came on talking about something going on behind the scenes between the bands. I don't doubt that Courtney was antagonizing Axl, she's always been a real piece of work.:blink:

Edited by BlueJean Baby
Typo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I used to have that MTV show on tape and was watching live that night. They came on talking about something going on behind the scenes between the bands. I don't doubt that Courtney was antagonizing Axl, she's always been a real piece of work.:blink:

she definetly zinged him there 

axl was a dick for showing up with bodyguards like that real ego over the top and stephanie seymour just a classless lady for what she said 

slash comes out as the class act 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

i watched it live too, i would say it was the absolute peak of GNR june 92 was it, they had just done freddy, couldn't top their stardom and down they went from there PERIOD 

36 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i watched it live too, i would say it was the absolute peak of GNR june 92 was it, they had just done freddy, couldn't top their stardom and down they went from there PERIOD 

They could've very easily topped their stardom, a lot of the top rock bands were old guard by then, they were still relatively young upstarts 5 years into their stardom, they could've topped it and topped it and topped it again if they'd've been that way inclined.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I don't think he's hard per se but Axl always came across as someone who'd fight anyone without really be too concerned about the outcome either way. I mean look at St Louis, he knew before he went after that guy he was affiliated with a biker gang and the security working the show and still went for the fucker. I think the red mist descends in a big way with Rose, apparently his eyes change colour n shit!

As for Courtney Love, could you imagine this cunt yelling shit at you when your trying to go about your day?

3 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

I don't think he's hard per se but Axl always came across as someone who'd fight anyone without really be too concerned about the outcome either way. I mean look at St Louis, he knew before he went after that guy he was affiliated with a biker gang and the security working the show and still went for the fucker. I think the red mist descends in a big way with Rose, apparently his eyes change colour n shit!

As for Courtney Love, could you imagine this cunt yelling shit at you when your trying to go about your day?

I remember that one too, she was so fuckin' wasted, it was embarrassing...:facepalm:

i hope i haven't positioned myself as a Guns over Nirvana fan, point of fact i think Kurt is streets ahead of Axl Rose creatively and Nirvana were 100 times the better band, i was just stating, as an obvious fact, that no one in Nirvana or GnR could have it with Axl.

The thing with the whole fighting Kurt thing though, he was deliberately winding him up as a sort of a macho cliche and resulting in Axl acting like a macho cliche, the only way Axl could've got one up in that situation is by taking the piss back and making them look equally ridiculous, by threatening to kick his head in you just sort of descend into the farcical aspect of what Kurt was pointing out in the first place.  And stomping off in a huff would've made you look easily as big a tart.    Axl could've easily wound him the fuck up...just go 'hey did you take the kid for vaccinations yet or has she had more than enough off the point of a needle from you?', that would've more than likely wound Kurt right the fuck up bearing in mind how that Vanity Fair shit annoyed him (bit grim of me to suggest but hey if you're gonna start cunting people off you're not really in a position to dictate boundaries of taste, are you?) Axl just played right into his hands...and got laughed out of the place as per the accounts.

Then again Axl was never exactly quick witted in that way, ready with a sharp answer in a John Lennon or John Rotten sense.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

They could've very easily topped their stardom, a lot of the top rock bands were old guard by then, they were still relatively young upstarts 5 years into their stardom, they could've topped it and topped it and topped it again if they'd've been that way inclined.  

very disapointing indeed in another one of my topics that got binned, i made the claim that the establishment really feared GNR and made it's objetive to bring on its demise and i honestly believe this theory