Shooting at Ft. Lauderdale Airport

AxlsFavoriteRose

8 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

So let me get this straight..in a time that is rife with terror attacks,  an ex-military guy back from Iraq, who's had a history of domestic violence, goes to the FBI and says I'm having "terroristic" thoughts and the CIA is brainwashing me through secret messages to become a member of ISIS.. leaves his newborn child and a gun in the car while he goes to turn himself in..is taken to hospital for a 4 day evaluation, is released with no follow up or medication, and then the police call him up to come pick up his gun?? What the hell is wrong with this picture.  

Yes, because sadly and scarily...our mental help up here for anyone is a joke. I live in Anchorage and hear it all the time. Hopefully this is a wake-up call for our state that they need to work on this issue now.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2017 at 8:43 AM, BlueJean Baby said:

Another thing that bugs me is that the TSA is supposed to be so tough. I flew from Tucson to Las Vegas to Kansas City to Atlanta last year and they never opened my checked baggage, even after they lost it for two days. When I finally got it, it was still locked. I figured they would cut the little padlocks but they didn't. I had some liquid stuff in it bigger than I should have, so it would seem like if xrayed they would have questioned it. It was just perfume, shampoo and conditioner, but it got through.

Several years ago, I flew to LA and they went through every piece of my luggage, even left a printed note that they had inspected it.

Its just strange.

Once they get their annual budget approved they go right back to not giving a shit one way or the other so long as they're getting paid.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2017 at 10:02 AM, Silent Jay said:

Well first this pic came from the law enforcement website. This website and many journalists describe him as 'white hispanic'.

But it seems now that's not the right Santiago unfortunately.

Thats the real one. Still makes my point.

You can notice how CNN makes the picture Black & White, hides his ISIS gesture AND still describes him as a white hispanic.

C1hoURgUcAAqucX.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

C1hWwLMWQAICmIo.jpg

CNN: The Criminal News Network...because their ethics and reporting standards are criminal. This is the same network that repeatedly ran pictures of 17 year old Trayvon Martin at the age of 12, and perpetuated the myth that Michael "Hands Up Don't Shoot" Brown was on his way to Grandmother's house with dreams of college in his head. Now they run photos of this dumb ass to perpetuate their anti-American narrative that all returning U.S. vets are fucked up time bombs about to explode at any moment. Yet at this point all we know for certain is he was carrying military id. He may not even be active duty. 

It's hard to stop one person from doing something like this. I mean he checked the gun in his baggage and then when he got his bag went into the men's room and loaded the gun and began shooting. There is no real security when you get your bag. Everyone is beyond those doors. It's scary the way some people think out a plan and execute it so easily.

I'm surprised more shit hasn't happened. Every year the Texas Frightmare is held in a hotel in the DFW airport. People bring backpacks and small baggage and carry them all around the convention. No one thinks twice that they may have a weapon in that bag because we figure we're all horror fans. You go from the parking garage right into the hotel with no one checking you at all. I try not to think about it, but I guess you just never know.

The DFW airport has no security when you go through those ticket booths, so what's to stop anyone from doing something stupid once they get in? I know you can't go past checking in, but there are tons of cars and people before you actually get into the airport. A while back, a man was throwing rocks in the airport at his girlfriend. cops thought he had a gun. It was nuts.

9 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

CNN: The Criminal News Network...because their ethics and reporting standards are criminal. This is the same network that repeatedly ran pictures of 17 year old Trayvon Martin at the age of 12, and perpetuated the myth that Michael "Hands Up Don't Shoot" Brown was on his way to Grandmother's house with dreams of college in his head. Now they run photos of this dumb ass to perpetuate their anti-American narrative that all returning U.S. vets are fucked up time bombs about to explode at any moment. Yet at this point all we know for certain is he was carrying military id. He may not even be active duty. 

No I do not think he was active duty. This Anchorage news article said the past couple of years he was working for a security co.

https://www.adn.com/nation-world/2017/01/09/florida-shooting-suspect-heads-to-court/

3 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

No I do not think he was active duty. This Anchorage news article said the past couple of years he was working for a security co.

https://www.adn.com/nation-world/2017/01/09/florida-shooting-suspect-heads-to-court/

Ok, so the LEAD LINE is  The 26-year-old Iraq war veteran then we are told at nearly the END OF THE ARTICLE  Santiago served from 2007 to 2016 in the Puerto Rico and Alaska national guards, including a deployment to Iraq from 2010 to 2011. 

Whatever. Give him a fair trial and if found guilty execute him--swiftly and surely. If he was a known head case and the PR or AK ANG covered it up, prosecute accordingly. I would not surprised in the least that he's another Major Nissan, a nut case with an FBI record a mile long that nobody acted upon for fear of political correctness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nidal_Hasan  

20 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Ok, so the LEAD LINE is  The 26-year-old Iraq war veteran then we are told at nearly the END OF THE ARTICLE  Santiago served from 2007 to 2016 in the Puerto Rico and Alaska national guards, including a deployment to Iraq from 2010 to 2011. 

Whatever. Give him a fair trial and if found guilty execute him--swiftly and surely. If he was a known head case and the PR or AK ANG covered it up, prosecute accordingly. I would not surprised in the least that he's another Major Nissan, a nut case with an FBI record a mile long that nobody acted upon for fear of political correctness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nidal_Hasan  

Yeah that is ADN for you....disjointed journalism. I just skimmed it...and missed that last bit about when he served. My fault. As you can imagine ADN has a new article like every 6 hours it seems.

This was just on the local Atlanta news. Rick Derringer of Rock n Roll Hoochie Coo fame, just got busted at the Atlanta airport for carrying a concealed weapon on flight in Atlanta from Cancun, Mexico. Seems there is no TSA screening out of Mexico into the US, according to the news. He had a concealed carry permit in Florida and claims he thought it would be ok to have it on the plane.

So are we supposed to screen people before they come off planes to protect our country?? Wtf is up with this?? :shrugs:

Edited by BlueJean Baby
typo

2 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

This was just on the local Atlanta news. Rick Derringer of Rock n Roll Hoochie Coo fame, just got busted at the Atlanta airport for carrying a concealed weapon on flight in Atlanta from Cancun, Mexico. Seems there is no TSA screening out of Mexico into the US, according to the news. He had a concealed carry permit in Florida and claims he thought it would be ok to have it on the plane.

So are we supposed to screen people before they come off planes to protect our country?? Wtf is up with this?? :shrugs:

guns at so easy to get in this country why would anyone need to smuggle one in?