Whats your biggest GNR regret?

Saw this on Pearl Jams official forum and thought it would be fun to include here since i couldn't find a thread like it and we have members of all different age groups here.

I think my biggest regret is not staying in Vegas during the original residency long enough to see Izzy. I went up for the week to catch the band and left the day after the Nov. 21st date to get home. Although the show i went to is forever with me thanks to the DVD/CD combo which everyone hates, i still wish i would have stayed and seen Izzy. I remember the rumors circulating but i was just kinda "Eh." about spending anymore time in Vegas with my mom. 14 Years, YCBM, Nightrain, Used To Love Her, Dead Flowers, and Paradise City all with Izzy. Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. Izzy is the only classic lineup member i havn't seen thanks to this "reunion" tour. 

Another thing that was out of my control was not even thinking of buying a ticket to see the band in i think 2010 or 2011 when they canceled their Biloxi date. That probably was a good thing because im not sure if they gave refunds, but i knew a guy that drove all the way to Nashville because the Biloxi tickets were being accepted the next night in Nashville, and there was no way i was about to do that. 

Im sure there are more that i can't think of right now, but they may come to mind later... 

So what is your biggest regret when it comes to all things GNR? It doesn't just have to be missing a live show. Missed out on merch on the UYI tour and can't find it anymore? Didnt become a fan until recently and you lived through the glory days? 

Oddly enough i feel some strong sarcastic jokes coming lol 

Izzy came here with Gn'R in 1993. I was only 10 years old and not even a music fan. But to know Izzy came here and played You Ain't The First with Guns after he quit the band and I didn't get to experience that is truly heartbreaking and fuckin' sucks.

Edited by Rovim

Not seeing the original bad back in the 80's, but I was too young back then.

My brother was born in 85 and he was a baby back then but as he got older and learned how to play drums, GNR was his go to band. Thank God my mom was and is a huge fan. She had the original AFD on vinyl which is now hanging on my brother's bedroom wall.

But as of now, I've gotten to see GNR 4 times with both my mom and brother and hopefully will continue so see them in concert. Maybe even go back to Vegas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

Izzy came here with Gn'R in 1993. I was only 10 years old and not even a fan of music. But to know Izzy came here and played You Ain't The First with Guns after he quit the band and I didn't get to experience that is truly heartbreaking and fuckin' sucks.

skin n bones tour. the best leg of the UYI tour. I went to Milton Keynes aged 15. thanks to gilby breaking his wrist the line up was axl, slash, duff and izzy :) awesome

• Like 3

my biggest regrets are not seeing them on the 87-88 AFD tour or being at monsters of rock on 20th august 1988. I was only 9-10 back then and never heard of them till the UYI singles were being played on the radio

Saw them in 1992 in my hometown vienna, a year later in 1993 they played again in vienna, and i did NOT see them , because life changed from school teenager to a girl in the working world meantime, and my thoughts back then in 93 were - HA, saw them last year, maybe i'll go the next time again when they come over to austria ---> NEXT TIME = 2017!!! ( i know axl was in austria with NuGuns later but not seeing this lineup i DONT regret, sorry no fan of CD/NuGuns at all)

Edited by EricA
  • Like 4

Been a fan for thirty years. I have always wanted to see GNR in concert. I had tickets to the Washington DC show which got cancelled after the previous show in Philly in 2002 or 2003. I had tickets to the Fresno show in 2006?? Where the tour got cancelled. So I never got to see them. Crazy thing about those, I was not upset about not getting to go because I was more worried about what the cancellations were doing to hurt Axl...:wacko:

But as far as regrets, my biggest regret was being married to my soon to be ex who would not work and any other shows I could have gone to, I could not afford to buy tickets for...:P Then last year, I ended up paying his ass to leave me alone, filed for divorce and could not afford to see them in Atlanta...:cry:

I don't know.. I wish I had seen them with Izzy or Steven but that was out of my control. My first show was Gilby's first show and I was 15. 

I kind of wish I didn't shell out all the money to go to the Vegas show last April. It was fun but I bought the ticket and booked the trip in hopes that the lineup was going to be better.  It was still a great time but the performance wasn't great and the whole chair thing was what it was.  If I could have done it again, I would have saved that money and traveled to a couple shows last summer summer when the band was a lot tighter. 

• Like 1

Ive done pretty well, all things considered. Probably missing the 2006 tour. It was right when I was getting into them and I missed the show by a few weeks.

Also, missing Velvet Revolver. I was in high school and my friends went but I chickened out. Didnt know thatd by last shot. Id later see Scott in STP and Slash, Duff, and Matt numerous times, but Id have loved to see VR

17 minutes ago, donny said:

skin n bones tour. the best leg of the UYI tour. I went to Milton Keynes aged 15. thanks to gilby breaking his wrist the line up was axl, slash, duff and izzy :) awesome

Skin N' Bones shit all over the bloated bike shorts and blazer tour!! It may have been the tightest the band had ever been. Then poof....

I don't really have any.  I suppose I could have fought my mom harder on not letting me go to the Toronto show back in the early 90s, but I can see why letting your 12 or 13 year old kid attend a GNR concert unattended (and soon after the Montreal riot) was not a smart parenting decision.

I've seen the band 16 times since 2001 with each line up change well represented in all of those shows.  I had an opportunity to buy a RIAA platinum award with Izzy's name on it for UYI 2, but I held off and bought Alan Niven's RIAA gold award for Appetite.  So there again, not really a regret.  

I did pass on GNR's club show in Toronto a few years ago, but only because I was finishing up school and couldn't really afford the ticket at the time.  

I guess, in other words, I regret nothing!

Cool topic though; good posts so far.

I became fan of GNR when I was 12 years old in '95.

I thought about to attend a gig in the States last year but I waited patently til finally europe dates were announced. 

If everything goes well I'll attend three shows this summer, so I can't say I regret anything, since it's the first time I have the real chance to see them at all.

I went to fake Guns 2010 in Nijmegen and saw one of there best gigs of this tour, I saw VR in 2008, saw Slash many times in 3 different countrys. I missed seeing Steven Adler in Amsterdam some years ago... I had never the chance to see Izzy. 

My biggest regret is that they broke up when I became a fan. 

I think it was in 2000, I missed the opportunity to see Slash's Snakepit because I had beef with my dad and had no money at all to get a ticket. That was something I was really mad about for a long long time.

Edited by Free Bird

Not going to any 06 shows because I had become disillusioned with Axl's version of GnR and missing out on seeing Izzy.

Not going to London in 2012, I went to Manchester and Nottingham, even though I thought Duff might turn up again I couldn't be bothered to go that far. Missed out on Izzy again :( 

Not hanging around after Manchester despite other fans saying Axl would come out and sign autographs and he did. I was drunk and said I didnt care, I was more bothered about finding some more alcohol  :lol:

My only regret is missing that triube band show where Steven played the full set back in november. I knew he was gonna be there but I was exhausted and it was my brother's birthday the other day. I should have gone no matter what, don't know when I'll get to see my beloved Popcorn again :cry:

Other than that, I have no regrets because I've used every opportunity I've had to see them (except a VR show I missed and it break my heart but that's not a "GNR regret"). Hopefully fn' Izzy will head south someday.

3 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

yeah both nights! Sunday was cool because Gilby came out to jam and Ronnie Wood too:dance:

Wasn't the almighty Michael Monroe there as well?

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

the DVD/CD combo which everyone hates

:lol:

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

yeah both nights! Sunday was cool because Gilby came out to jam and Ronnie Wood too:dance:

massive stones fan(my lads middle name is jagger) so gutted when I heard Ronnie turned up the day after my show. my mums birthday is 30th may so that night was a no go, same as bilboa this year being on 30th may so cant attend and will be the 20th anniversary of west arkeens death so im expecting GN'R to sing crash diet or sentimental movie in his memory as a one off and I wont be there :( 

• Like 1