Fortus: this band is 100x better

2 hours ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

a bunch of chinese haters. how cringe worthy

Oh god dat reply. You know what's actually cringe worthy? That you seem to have inherited and mastered the verbal mannerisms of a 13 year old girl. And on top you said CD is better than Appetite, and everyone who doesn't agree with this (obviously) dogshit claim was automatically flagged by you to be a CD hater..?

:lol:

GIVE ME A BREAK.

I think CD is good for what it is, a great Axl solo effort that was officially released as GNR. It is fully music that Axl wanted to release, and GNR would have never released something like this. But better than one of the most influencial, most copied, best selling of all time debuts of any artist, legendary hit spawning album that is AFD? You are a really sad troll and it amazes me you still post here. Thanks for the laugh 'n a 1/2.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

On 16/01/2017 at 0:57 PM, wasted said:

It's the first time I noticed it's a completely different lineup to the one that made CD (or started making CD -Freese/ Brain, Bucket, Tobias, Finck, Pitman all gone) Axl/Dizzy are still there, but everyone else is different. 

Well in the latter day CD tours the band was very different from the CD band anyway. No Tobais, Buckethead, Finck, Brain - So you had a completely different set of guitar players and drummer to the record. You basically had Axl/Dizzy/Stinson/Pittman (and lets be honest does anyone really know what he did half the time other than a bit of extra strings and wierd noises?)

I still find it really wierd that Fortus isn't on CD at all really. But I suppose it shows that everything apart from Shacklers, Scraped and Sorry were written and recorded to some degree prior to 2002.

6 minutes ago, life_247 said:

Well in the latter day CD tours the band was very different from the CD band anyway. No Tobais, Buckethead, Finck, Brain - So you had a completely different set of guitar players and drummer to the record. You basically had Axl/Dizzy/Stinson/Pittman (and lets be honest does anyone really know what he did half the time other than a bit of extra strings and wierd noises?)

I still find it really wierd that Fortus isn't on CD at all really. But I suppose it shows that everything apart from Shacklers, Scraped and Sorry were written and recorded to some degree prior to 2002.

It was the first time I noticed it was completely different. I knew there were changes obviously it just never occured to me. 

That last line up all played on CD apart from Dj. But now it's just Axl and Dizzy with writing credits and Fortus and Frank played parts, Frank is on 5 songs I think. 

Before joining Guns N Roses, Richard Fortus was best known for playing guitar on a Smith's cover song that featured vocals by the former lead singer of The Psychadelic Furs.

If the guy has writing chops (no doubt he can play guitar) I'm not aware of them.

Axl can't have been too impressed with them either, cause there ain't no Richard Fortus tunes on Chinese Democracy...and even Dizzy Reed has songwriting credits on that one.

His big contribution was rerecording Paul Huge's parts.

1 hour ago, DR DOOM said:

Before joining Guns N Roses, Richard Fortus was best known for playing guitar on a Smith's cover song that featured vocals by the former lead singer of The Psychadelic Furs.

If the guy has writing chops (no doubt he can play guitar) I'm not aware of them.

Axl can't have been too impressed with them either, cause there ain't no Richard Fortus tunes on Chinese Democracy...and even Dizzy Reed has songwriting credits on that one.

This right here is what we call "hitting the nail on the head". I like me some Fortus but that doesn't mean that me or anyone else needs to overstate his importance. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

Fortus said he "came too late to the party". He joined Guns after the material was already completed. He still managed to come up with the chorus for Better, so hopefully he'll contribute a lot more to the next Gn'R album if they manage to release it.

3 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

I used to think like that until the second Dead Daisies Album, "Revolución", came out. He has writting credits on most of the songs.

Its a great Rock N' Roll record filled with songs that could be huge if released with this GNR lineup.

19 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Fortus said he "came too late to the party". He joined Guns after the material was already completed. He still managed to come up with the chorus for Better, so hopefully he'll contribute a lot more to the next Gn'R album if they manage to release it.

Think most would be more hopefully Izzy contributes more to any future GnR albums than Fortus.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Think most would be more hopefully Izzy contributes more to any future GnR albums than Fortus.

And I think that would be great, but Izzy is not a part of Gn'R and has no plans of helping out with writing tunes for Guns. Even if he was, I doubt Axl will get rid of Richard just because some hardcore fans prefer Izzy. I prefer Izzy as well, but looking at it realistically, I think Fortus is gonna be an important part of the next one if it's ever released and I have no problem with it.

I want to hear what Slash and Fortus sound like in a studio album. I think they're a lethal combo.

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

That would be ideal. Unless the plan is CD II, well if there is any plan. I don't see Izzy rewriting other people songs.

1 minute ago, Padme said:

That would be ideal. Unless the plan is CD II, well if there is any plan. I don't see Izzy rewriting other people songs.

If there is a plan for CD2 then I'd think the current tour is clearly a money grab (which it kinda clearly is anyway), but the only way CD2 makes sense is if Axl, Duff and Slash have all agreed to go out, do a tour and make a shit ton of cash and then let's all go our separate ways again. 

If Duff and Slash are involved in a new record with Guns n Roses it will not be CD2 (other than heavily re-worked tunes Axl may have laying around).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

If there is a plan for CD2 then I'd think the current tour is clearly a money grab (which it kinda clearly is anyway), but the only way CD2 makes sense is if Axl, Duff and Slash have all agreed to go out, do a tour and make a shit ton of cash and then let's all go our separate ways again. 

If Duff and Slash are involved in a new record with Guns n Roses it will not be CD2 (other than heavily re-worked tunes Axl may have laying around).

I think if Axl, Slash and Duff are working on brand new songs. Adding Izzy makes perfect sense. The question is what would be more important for Axl? Just keep touring and nothing more? CD II as originally made? CD II with Slash and Duff making changes? I don't rule out any possibility. If Axl, Slash and Duff have agreed to rewrite CD II, I don't see Izzy joining them.

The only head scratcher is, if CD II comes out as originally made. Will Axl go on tour performing those songs? What line up is gonna tour CD II?

• Like 1

I think the option will be to keep touring this line up as long as people keep coming out and paying money to hear scom again and again 

I can't see any of that changing because this is what has been happening for years.   The odds would be to bet on this band to not release new music because they dont 

they used to play new unreleased music live.  They also don't do this any more.   Odds are we never hear new music from this band. Odds are we keep hearing scom played every night.   

I look forward to being shocked though by this worlds most dangerous band though.   But I would never bet on it 

• Like 2

^^^^These fuckers just started being friends again and are sharing the stage together for the first time in over 20 years, something many many Guns fans never thought they would live to see. Give em a fucking break :lol:

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, J Dog said:

^^^^These fuckers just started being friends again and are sharing the stage together for the first time in over 20 years, something many many Guns fans never thought they would live to see. Give em a fucking break :lol:

Breaks over....its been pretty much a year now.

26 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Yah, I'm beginning to think more and more that this is what it's looking like too :(

Both of you are probably very wrong. Axl said he wants to keep this thing going as long as possible. When the tour is over you think he won't try to incorporate Slash and Duff into a Guns album? you actually believe he doesn't want acceptance from the fanbase?

Why would he repeatedly say he wants to release more Gn'R music? the catalog is small that seems to bother him. I don't think he's satisfied with just 5 albums representing the Guns N' Roses legacy.

He will make his attempt and if you honestly believe he won't get Slash in the studio you're blind.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Every time I start thinking about the odds of new music being released I get confused as to what I actually think the odds are. At this stage I think it's 50/50. 

On the one hand, Axl stated he's still interested in it, slash isn't the type of guy to just do what they are doing now forever, so the argument for new music is that once they've completed the round trip, that the next step would be logically new music. And with a very settled line up with fresh ideas there is no reason they can't. 

On on the flip side, we've had one new album in  24 years or whatever it is, and let's face it, these guys are closer to the end than the start. Axl moves slowly at the best of times on things and I dunno how that would go with slash who likes to get in and rip out a new album quickly and then tour it. The other thing that bothers me is the band so far doesn't change up the set list very often which indicates to me (rightly or wrongly) that they aren't willing to experiment it change much and it's all quite set in stone what they are doing... That worries me in terms of talking about new music. 

Like everyone else, I hope it happens but I reckon it's a genuine 50/50 shot, to be honest I'm not as hung up on it as I used to be, I got 3/5ths of what I wanted and seeing Axl and slash share a stage is bigger than a new guns album for me, if we get a new album with those 2 on it, then that's a bonus. 

I I get genuine excitement out of seeing them play and when Steven takes the sticks for those one or 2 songs it feels like guns is really back! I just wish that would happen a little more often!