Fortus: this band is 100x better

Just now, Wagszilla said:

It's preferring the scanty hope of creative relevance over the certainty of commercialization.

Irrespective of the reunion, Guns N' Roses has been trading heavily on nostalgia since the very beginning of nugnr (e.g. extremely Appetite heavy setlists), and has been solely a nostalgia act since about 2011. The only difference is, the reunion at least has the common decency to have two more of the correct nostalgic personae present rather than a bunch of cover players. I dislike both nugnr and the faux reunion but if you want cash obsessed Vegas nostalgia, you may as well see the three originals perform it rather than DJ Ashba.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

It's preferring the scanty hope of creative relevance over the certainty of commercialization.

Examples of relevance...

Sepultura and Metallica new cds...listen to...

2 hours ago, BadApples87 said:

and it would be 100x even more better if IZZY was there instead of this Fortus dude.

It would be 100x better if Izzy could actually play the guitar onstage. Because he can't.

His amps were turned down in 1991 during the UYI Tour : he just can't play.

Edited by Caraibes

Izzy has enough technical ability on the instrument to fully express his musical ideas. As far as technique go, it's like Steven: it's enough, there's a ton of feel, and they were always the best for Guns. It's not about being the best in general, it's being the best for Gn'R.

Ginger Baker said: "it's not how fast you play, it's what you say". He said it perfectly and still does in his solo work.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Free Bird said:

c2ab01d552fe530146abb2e0f948e8b1_400x400

Izzy was a strong writing presence on UYI. If you take his songs out you basically have CD type material. There's a couple of Slash epics and Duff songs but it's comparable which you can use. 

Dead Horse - Chi dem 

Shotgun Blues/locomotive - Shacklers

Live n Let Die - Better

Yesterdays - SOD

Heavens Door - If the World

Breakdown - There was a Time

Estranged - Catcher

Garden of Eden - Scraped 

Get in the Ring - Riad

So Fine - Sorry

The garden - IRS

Civil War - Madagascar

November Rain - This I Love

Coma - Prostitute

without the Izzy material it's a similar spread of material. 

Edited by wasted

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

This is the stupidest fucking thing I've read on this forum...that is sayng a lot. 

In what way? 

I have other posts you know. 

Izzy was a huge writer on UYI. Take his songs out it's more like a CD group of songs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wasted said:

In what way? 

I have other posts you know. 

Izzy was a huge writer on UYI. Take his songs out it's more like a CD group of songs. 

I may be mis-understanding you, but in no way are the non-Izzy songs on UYI comparable to CD, they are (for the most part), infinitely better tunes.  There is no comparison.  

• Like 1