"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

After three of those four, as far as I'm concerned (as I don't remember The Conversation for some reason, I know I've seen it but I can't recall it for the life of me, I suppose thats as good as not having seen it), you don't need to make any more good films, thats it, you've put your marker down for life. 

That is true but I'm glad Fellini, Scorsese, Kubrick and Kurosawa's career did not pan out in a similar manner as it would have robbed us of some masterpieces. 

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

That is true but I'm glad Fellini, Scorsese, Kubrick and Kurosawa's career did not pan out in a similar manner as it would have robbed us of some masterpieces. 

It shows the fuckin' class of them too...and how tall a task it is to be a director like that.  Or someone like Hitchcock, I mean you've seen most of his films right?  How many shitters are there in that filmography?  And its deep as fuck too.

Just now, Len Cnut said:

It shows the fuckin' class of them too...and how tall a task it is to be a director like that.  Or someone like Hitchcock, I mean you've seen most of his films right?  How many shitters are there in that filmography?  And its deep as fuck too.

I possess all his films. Not sure if he made an outright ''bad'' film. Of his talkies, Jamaica Inn is most often cited, but then there are mitigating circumstances, chiefly arguments with Charles Laughton; it is enjoyable enough. There is a fair amount of criticism of his post-Psycho work also. Yes, Topaz is a bit of a Euro b-movie; Torn Curtain had some casting issues; Family Plot is a touch inconsequential; but there is a lot to enjoy if you explore those final few films. Mr and Mrs Smith is a fluff piece which he did for cash. Under Capricorn was a sort of experimental film which did not quite work - Rope also. 

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I possess all his films. Not sure if he made an outright ''bad'' film. Of his talkies, Jamaica Inn is most often cited, but then there are mitigating circumstances, chiefly arguments with Charles Laughton; it is enjoyable enough. There is a fair amount of criticism of his post-Psycho work also. Yes, Topaz is a bit of a Euro b-movie; Torn Curtain had some casting issues; Family Plot is a touch inconsequential; but there is a lot to enjoy if you explore those final few films. Mr and Mrs Smith is a fluff piece which he did for cash. Under Capricorn was a sort of experimental film which did not quite work - Rope also. 

I think those films are criticized in terms of like, the high watermark that Hitchcock stamped on his shit, they are by no means, at least to my mind, bad films.  Topaz, Under Capricorn, Rope, Torn Curtain, these are fuckin' at least 8 out of 10 films for me. 

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I think those films are criticized in terms of like, the high watermark that Hitchcock stamped on his shit, they are by no means, at least to my mind, bad films.  Topaz, Under Capricorn, Rope, Torn Curtain, these are fuckin' at least 8 out of 10 films for me. 

I would agree. Rope is actually now highly regarded but it flopped at the time; I just mentioned it because those two films, Under Capricorn and Rope, were made together as experimental pieces. 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I would agree. Rope is actually now highly regarded but it flopped at the time; I just mentioned it because those two films, Under Capricorn and Rope, were made together as experimental pieces. 

Yeah, Rope is one of those hindsight classics.  I thought it was brilliant from the first moment I saw it, pure theatre, drama, tension...and Jimmy Stewarts little explosive end monologue 'YOU FOOLS, YOU'VE MURDERED!' :lol: 

The Humanity Bureau with Nick Cage

Rosemary's baby

Slumber party massacre.  Terrible movie  I sped it up until the end. lol

On 12/11/2020 at 6:14 AM, Len Cnut said:

Yeah, Rope is one of those hindsight classics.  I thought it was brilliant from the first moment I saw it, pure theatre, drama, tension...and Jimmy Stewarts little explosive end monologue 'YOU FOOLS, YOU'VE MURDERED!' :lol: 

Was Rope the movie where they killed someone and had his body in a trunk as they had a party? If so it rocked!

My all time favorite Hitchcock movies besides Psycho is The Birds and Marnie. Love Tippy.

• Like 1

I saw the second Insidious movie in NYC. I was backpacking through the US and hadn't seen a movie in weeks, so I walked into the cinema and bought a ticket for the first movie that was playing and it turned out to be Insidious Chapter 2. Don't remember if I liked it.

• Like 1

Encino Man

Son-In-Law

Bio-Dome

Guilty as charged, I like to laugh at stupid shit. These were all Pauly Shore vehicles and the guy had that whole Weasel persona. It's VERY dated now and your enjoyment mileage may vary. I hadn't seen any of these since they came out so I wanted to revisit them. With the exception of Bio-Dome, they still made me laugh like I did when I was 18. I was still weezin' the juice bud-dy :lol:. Encino Man and Son-In-Law actually had heart to them despite their overall goofiness.

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

I saw the second Insidious movie in NYC. I was backpacking through the US and hadn't seen a movie in weeks, so I walked into the cinema and bought a ticket for the first movie that was playing and it turned out to be Insidious Chapter 2. Don't remember if I liked it.

How’d you backpack through the US then, whatcha get up to, how’d you go about it, how much it cost?  I ask cuz I wouldn’t mind doing some shit like that.

11 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

How’d you backpack through the US then, whatcha get up to, how’d you go about it, how much it cost?  I ask cuz I wouldn’t mind doing some shit like that.

Only did it for little over a month, basically a month of citytripping, Washington DC - Philadelphia - NYC - Boston and checked out some smaller towns in Massachusetts. I stayed at Airbnb apartments (except for a hostel in Philly) because it's cheaper than a hotel and even a hostel if you take the time to search for the best deals. I don't remember how much the entire trip cost me, but probably not as much as you would expect because I always look for the best deals and I don't care about luxury. You can travel with these cheap bus companies (I think it was MegaBus), I don't think it cost me more than 20 dollars in total for all the travelling between those places. If you book in advance you can get a bus ticket for one or two dollars, that is what they are known for. The only thing that was very expensive was the airline ticket and the room in an apartment in Manhattan, because NYC is ridiculously expensive anyway obviously. And I stayed there the longest because I really wanted to get to know the city and a few days won't do it. As for what I got up to, just doing the tourist thing really, checking out the historic sites, architecture, museums and getting to know the cities.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yeah, I cant wait to see the 2nd one...that guy Patrick Wilson is in so many scary movies having to do with the paranormal!!

Yeah, he is also in the Conjuring movies too. Guess he loves horror movies, which is very cool!

10 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

The Punisher: Warzone

Second best interpretation of the character in live action however, the script was terrible and some of the other actors were pretty terrible.

I liked this sequel too. I like that actor, forgot his name, but he was in the Thor movies and a season of Dexter too. Oh is it Ray something?

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, he is also in the Conjuring movies too. Guess he loves horror movies, which is very cool!

I liked this sequel too. I like that actor, forgot his name, but he was in the Thor movies and a season of Dexter too. Oh is it Ray something?

Ray Stevenson.

I thought he was good in Dexter! 

On 12/15/2020 at 6:06 PM, F*ck Fear said:

Ray Stevenson.

I thought he was good in Dexter! 

Yeah, he was good in Dexter. I think Dexter felt bad when he had to kill him. lol

There recently was a tv show, I forgot the name of it, it was a summer show and Ray was in it. He played an ex FBI agent living in Hawaii and helping his ex-wife. It was pretty good but it got cancelled.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Grand Isle with Nick Cage

The Christmas Gift with Fran, the nanny. A very sweet love story between two gay men. it's a first movie for Lifetime about a gay couple. Very cool. I love Fran.

Awww love her.  I am actually watching the Nanny again on Pluto. :)