"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

4 hours ago, EvanG said:

Stand By Me (1986)

My Own Private Idaho (1991)

Stand By Me, nice! I'll have to watch that, seems like a good one for these strange days. I dont know any of the others you've watched recently - Ive got a lot to learn about film.

Im watching Willow today. Cant wait for the streaming series!!

• Like 2

Er ist wieder da (2015)

It is good although I feel it wavered a bit in areas, struggled with a resolution for instance. But it is a remarkably witty and well acted film with a multitude of complicated layers.

Saturday Night and Sunday Morning (1960).

Masterpiece. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

18 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Gun Duel in Durango (1957).

A western I ain't heard of, I didn't know such a thing existed.

On topic:

Serpico

Dog Day Afternoon

Get Carter

Alfie

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Saturday Night and Sunday Morning (1960).

Masterpiece. 

Fuckin' belter innit?  I could watch it all day and quote it all night.  "I can't believe that rat-face would do a thing like that...thats cuz she's a bitch and a whore, she's got no heart on her, she's a swivel eyed get".

9 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

A western I ain't heard of, I didn't know such a thing existed.

B-movie western using the ''good outlaw hanging up his spurs and going clean but being roped back into his former life trope'' à la Shane. Standard fare really. 

9 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Fuckin' belter innit?  I could watch it all day and quote it all night.  "I can't believe that rat-face would do a thing like that...thats cuz she's a bitch and a whore, she's got no heart on her, she's a swivel eyed get".

Christ, it looks bleak although this is Nottingham, the midlands, and not the north proper, but you have that quintessential north there, terraced housed, the nosey biddy with a tea towel on her head, pubs, etc etc. It makes Coronation Street look like Downton Abbey

Those are all superb films - some of my favourite films of all time in fact. Alfie clearly owes a lot to Saturday Night. Scenes from Get Carter were filmed near where I live. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

B-movie western using the ''good outlaw hanging up his spurs and going clean but being roped back into his former life trope'' à la Shane. Standard fare really. 

Christ, it looks bleak although this is Nottingham, the midlands, and not the north proper, but you have that quintessential north there, terraced housed, the nosey biddy with a tea towel on her head, pubs, etc etc. It makes Coronation Street look like Downton Abbey

Those are all superb films - some of my favourite films of all time in fact. Alfie clearly owes a lot to Saturday Night. Scenes from Get Carter were filmed near where I live. 

Some of Saturday Night is filmed in London also.  Do you recognise any of the locations in Carter?

Edited by Len Cnut

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Some of Saturday Night is filmed in London also.  Do you recognise any of the locations in Carter?

I haven't been in Cambois in years, used in the finale scenes (which is supposed to be near Newcastle as he runs from Newcastle haha) even though it is extremely close by to where I live. 

If you arrive at Newcastle Central Station and exit the main door through the central portico (Newcastle's train station is quite grande), across the road, virtually directly in front is the pub, The Victoria Comet. Been in a number of times. 

4ddcc6725e5b8b453d8a34b1567cce4e.jpg

the-victoria-comet-bar.jpg

IMG_20160219_123856-e1458130456749.jpg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I haven't been in Cambois in years, used in the finale scenes (which is supposed to be near Newcastle as he runs from Newcastle haha) even though it is extremely close by to where I live. 

If you arrive at Newcastle Central Station and exit the main door through the central portico (Newcastle's train station is quite grande), across the road, virtually directly in front is the pub, The Victoria Comet. Been in a number of times. 

4ddcc6725e5b8b453d8a34b1567cce4e.jpg

the-victoria-comet-bar.jpg

IMG_20160219_123856-e1458130456749.jpg

Its like a right shithouse in the film but quite nice in the new pics.

On topic:

Midnight Run

On 25/04/2020 at 7:32 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Murphy's Law with Charles Bronson. 

I love that movie! Watched it on VHS about 35 years ago at my cousin's house. Got it off some dodgy door to door video rental truck. I'd have been about 6 or 7 years old.  

"Don't Fuck with Jack Murphy!!!" :lol: 

Edited by Dazey