"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

23 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

The one with the bright shining nuclear thing in the case?  Yeah, its the very same.  For a little trivia for ya Pulp Fiction borrowed that idea, the briefcase with something shining out of it every time you open it.  

I think it was radiation and it wasn't a good ending. Cool about Pulp Fiction another awesome movie. Well, at least Tarantino borrowed from a very good movie. lol

9 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Never really thought much of The Runaways.  Have almost zero awareness of Lita as a solo artist.

I saw Lita Ford years ago. She opened for Poison and Def Leppard. She still sounded amazing and looked great. She is an unrated guitar player too.

I think she was opening for Alice Cooper until the tour was cancelled due to the virus.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, lame ass security said:

"Went to a party last Saturday Night, didn't get laid, got in a fight. Uh huh, ain't no big thang."  Sorry, I couldn't resist. 😊

lol

I saw an interview with Alice Cooper and Lita asked for his advice on her career.

He said make cool videos that show your guitar and singing talents and don't use your body.

He said next thing I know she's on the floor and licking an ice cube. Oh well. lol

She was so pretty back then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I think it was radiation and it wasn't a good ending. Cool about Pulp Fiction another awesome movie. Well, at least Tarantino borrowed from a very good movie. lol

They actually made 2 endings for it, one more apocalyptic and the other with Ralph Meeker getting away with his bird.  If you get the DVD they have both endings through the extras.

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is utter masturbation. The only bit I like is Jagger's teddy boy and gangster scenes, gelled back hair.

Its not a great film, don't get me wrong...but it has its charms.  I think principally the charm is Jagger and the idea of these like...corrupt bohemian fuckin' queero's, it plays on the worst fears of its era and their concerns about this fuckin' rock n roll generation of weirdoes, which Jagger sort of embodies.  It has decent imagery attached to it, its like one of those cinematic anomolies (i spelt that wrong) that like...you feel like it'd inspire something great but isn't so great in and of itself.  It sort of touches upon the latent homosexual tendencies inherent in the typical masculinity of the day, which is an interesting thing to explore, even if they didn't do it so well.  I just love the idea of Jagger as this weird subterranean satanic art freak living in a basement, they sort of create this other world inside London, somewhere in the recesses  of these big victorian townhouses and I love a bit of that, scratching beneath the surface for the grime.

12 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Its not a great film, don't get me wrong...but it has its charms.  I think principally the charm is Jagger and the idea of these like...corrupt bohemian fuckin' queero's, it plays on the worst fears of its era and their concerns about this fuckin' rock n roll generation of weirdoes, which Jagger sort of embodies.  It has decent imagery attached to it, its like one of those cinematic anomolies (i spelt that wrong) that like...you feel like it'd inspire something great but isn't so great in and of itself.  It sort of touches upon the latent homosexual tendencies inherent in the typical masculinity of the day, which is an interesting thing to explore, even if they didn't do it so well.  I just love the idea of Jagger as this weird subterranean satanic art freak living in a basement, they sort of create this other world inside London, somewhere in the recesses  of these big victorian townhouses and I love a bit of that, scratching beneath the surface for the grime.

I suspect Jagger is a bit embarrassed by it these days. Jagger is embarrassed by how subversive and grungy he actually was. Stuff like the film Cocksucker Blues he'd like to obliterate. I remember him speaking about how he couldn't write ''Brown Sugar'' now because it is so crude. 

Not quite the image for a knight of the realm sitting in the Lord's Long Room olde boy. 

26 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I suspect Jagger is a bit embarrassed by it these days. Jagger is embarrassed by how subversive and grungy he actually was. Stuff like the film Cocksucker Blues he'd like to obliterate. I remember him speaking about how he couldn't write ''Brown Sugar'' now because it is so crude. 

Not quite the image for a knight of the realm sitting in the Lord's Long Room olde boy. 

Do you really think so?  The embarassed bit I mean?  I would’ve thought that Cocksucker Blues, quite apart from anything else, was too artsy and actually just made their lives look kinda grim, though I’m sure the sniff and groupies shit played a part.  

They sort of thrive on their subversive bohemian reputation of old if you think about it, I mean just look at a docu like Stones in Exile and all the talk in that of kids used as drug mules etc.  

Brown Sugar, tasty as fuck those lyrics, he wrote em while in Oz filming Ned Kelly if I’m not mistaken.  I’ve never seen that y’know, despite owning it on DVD for years, I think I might watch it tonight.

He’s always seemed sort of embarassed about Performance, even from the 70s, I think he just thinks its a crap film.

I love it personally, The Happy Mondays sample it extensively on their first album, sampled it by sticking a tape recorder up to the telly, very Northern :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Do you really think so?  The embarassed bit I mean?  I would’ve thought that Cocksucker Blues, quite apart from anything else, was too artsy and actually just made their lives look kinda grim, though I’m sure the sniff and groupies shit played a part.  

They sort of thrive on their subversive bohemian reputation of old if you think about it, I mean just look at a docu like Stones in Exile and all the talk in that of kids used as drug mules etc.  

Brown Sugar, tasty as fuck those lyrics, he wrote em while in Oz filming Ned Kelly if I’m not mistaken.  I’ve never seen that y’know, despite owning it on DVD for years, I think I might watch it tonight.

His Australian accent is hilarious haha.

You can tell Jagger doesn't really like Exile, and thinks the whole world is off its head for eulogising such an unpolished ''Keefy'' hit-less mess. He struggles to hide it on that documentary.  

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

His Australian accent is hilarious haha.

You can tell Jagger doesn't really like Exile, and thinks the whole world is off its head for eulogising such an unpolished ''Keefy'' hit-less mess. He struggles to hide it on that documentary.  

Yeah, he's sort of talking through gritted teeth a bit, isn't he? :lol:  He's probably thinking 'is this how off my radar is?  No wonder my solo albums were shit' :lol:

22 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

They actually made 2 endings for it, one more apocalyptic and the other with Ralph Meeker getting away with his bird.  If you get the DVD they have both endings through the extras.

wow only saw the one where it blew up. Cool. A lot of movies had different endings.

Halloween 2 had the EMT guy with curly living, but most of the time he's dead.

also Jaws 4 with Michael Caine, had Mario Van Pebbles dying in one and another ending he lived. I guess alot of movies have two different endings to see what people like most.

Most of the time the original ending is way better.

Lunch Meat (1987)

PLOT: Six high school seniors on a camping trip are ambushed by killer rednecks who kill their victims & sell the remains to a local hamburger joint.

It's "almost" a rip off of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It's really low budget (shot on 16mm film) and it does tend to drag on in parts plus the acting is kind of corny but it's one of those films that has that certain type of charm to it. I enjoyed it nonetheless. 3 out of 5

...and here it is :)

16 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

Lunch Meat (1987)

PLOT: Six high school seniors on a camping trip are ambushed by killer rednecks who kill their victims & sell the remains to a local hamburger joint.

It's "almost" a rip off of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It's really low budget (shot on 16mm film) and it does tend to drag on in parts plus the acting is kind of corny but it's one of those films that has that certain type of charm to it. I enjoyed it nonetheless. 3 out of 5

...and here it is :)

there's always someone who will rip off a good movie and make a shit one. lol

Did you ever see "Midnight Meat Train" with Bradley Cooper and Vinnie Jones. That was an awesome movie! It was made before Brad was popular.

It's based on a Clive Barker story