"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

6 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

'Soaked in Bleach'

5/5

Courtney Love is a psycho bitch and had Kurt Cobain killed.

I actually watched it not that long ago because I never had before. I don't really like those murder conspiracy documentaries because they're usually shit. Anyway, I wasn't convinced at all... a lot of the facts they come up with can be explained and it's very biased. If you know a little bit about Cobain you will know that the guy was very suicidal, especially the last months of his life. Of course that doesn't mean he couldn't have been killed anyway, but I'm not buying it.

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Why do you say he was very suicidal? In the documentary they say the only reason people assume that is because Courtney went on and on and on about how Kurt is suicidal and the media just went with that because of his moody lyrics. The incident in Rome was not a suicide attempt and that's backed up by the doctor who treated him in the hospital - yet Courtney went around saying it was claiming he'd swallowed 60 pills which isn't true. He references his chronic stomach pain in the very sketchy suicide note even though at that time his stomach issue had been resolved. There's tons of circumstantial evidence to the point that the head of the Seattle police force who is now retired admits they bungled it and he'd reopen it if it were still up to him.

You can read any biography, I would suggest Heavier Than Heaven because it's probably the most thorough, to know that he talked about killing himself all the time since he was a teenager. Even as a teen he told a friend once that he was going to be a rich rockstar and then kill himself. Doesn't mean he actually did it, but it's kinda spooky, I would say. Or read his interviews or journals, he mentions suicide all the time. That he had an unhealthy obsession with suicide is a fact, doesn't mean he was suicidal at the time of his death, but that he wasn't a depressed guy, which I believe the documentary is trying to claim, is obviously wrong. I think I watched it last year, so I don't remember every detail, just that a lot can be explained. His addiction had totally spun out of control in the last months of his life. Even his junkie friends kicked him out of the house in the last weeks before his death, because they got scared of how much he was injecting each time and they didn't want him to die at their place and have the cops come over. That he hadn't died of an OD already is remarkable. 

We don't know if his stomach problems were over, or if they had come back. Kurt contradicted himself and lied more than anyone else. Just because he said he was feeling better, doesn't mean he was. In one interview he talked about being clean and later that night he OD'd. 

As for Courtney killing him, obviously she's a psycho, I won't disagree with that, but how many times did she save him? You know how often Kurt OD'd in front of her and it was up to her to save him? It just doesn't add up that she saves the guy's life more than once, just to hire someone to kill him a little while later. Or what about Courtney calling the cops when Kurt locked himself in the bathroom with a gun threatening to kill himself just weeks before his death?

Regarding the drugs in his system, I have heard other experts say that someone with the tolerance that Kurt had, he could have easily been able to still use a rifle after injecting himself with the amount of drugs he had in his system. I don't know, I'm no expert. Nor am I an expert on injecting heroin, but I imagine it is possible to inject heroin and have a few seconds to put a rifle into your mouth before passing out?

Cali, the nanny, was also a junkie, like most of the people in this story. He was in the house with his girlfriend who was probably one of the last people to see Kurt alive, but then Kurt left again and when he came back the two of them were gone, although the timeline is basically anyone's guess. No one knows exactly where Kurt was in those last days except for walking around Seattle and getting fucked up.

To me it's kinda odd that most of the people who think he was murdered are the ones who didn't know him, never even met him. Yet most of the people who were close to him and around him the last months of his life, and knew in what state he was in, never doubted for a second that he didn't kill himself. I rather believe them.

But at the end of the day I wasn't there. That the police did a terrible job is a fact too but that doesn't mean he was murdered. Personally, I hope he did kill himself, because if he was murdered it makes it even more tragic in a way and it's already such a tragic story.

Edited by EvanG

44 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Some guy from his highschool saying Kurt had told them one time he was gonna be a famous rockstar and kill himself sounds like bullshit imo. Kurt talked about suicide in regards to his stomach issue but that was resolved there's no reason to speculate it wasn't when he himself said it was.

His grandfather who was very close with him said he didn't commit suicide he was murdered. Guy who came forward saying she offered him $50K to kill Kurt turned up dead. The list goes on. Everyone says he wasn't suicidal the only sources claiming he was all stems from Courtney's bullshit and misinformation.

As for why would Courtney decide to kill him just prior to him divorcing her with a prenuptial leaving her with nothing and also potentially having a devestating affect on her career as her debut album was launching, that explains itself. In the span of like 3years she went from not knowing him to owning everything he had. In my opinion it's very clear Courtney is a manipulative narcissistic sociopath or something and she had him murdered but I'm not an expert either so the case should be reopened and officially investigated properly, leading forensic experts say this.

Interesting she sues people over silly shit but doesn't dare go after Tom Grant for continuously publicly defaming her.

I don't hope for a certain outcome I just hope for the truth. If all the many reasons to think it was murder were debunked I'd accept that. But yeah if he was murdered that's even more tragic and fucked up on multiple levels.

P.S. I've started watching Dexter and love the character Doakes lol he's my spirit animal, I love to like detect bullshit and reveal and handle anti-social personality types.

It can very well be bullshit. But Charles Cross, the author of Heavier Than Heaven, talked to many people while writing this biography, many people from his childhood as well, and even at an early age Kurt referred to suicide often to many of them. Or like I said, go through his journals and lyrics, there are suicide references everywhere. Some say that his stomach problems were an excuse to use drugs, even Buzz Osborne claims that Kurt told him this, and he has known Kurt since high school and is someone Kurt always confided in. They even toured together on the last tour Nirvana ever did, so he was there from the beginning till the end. But this is something we will probably never know. Whether it was real or not, I'm sure Kurt had a lot more demons than just poor health. The fact that he refused to eat healthy probably didn't help with his stomach!

As for being close to his grandfather, yeah, he even lived with him I believe, he lived with most of his relatives because they all kicked him out sooner or later. But how many times did he see his grandfather in the last years? Probably not a lot and I'm sure he wasn't aware of Kurt's troubles as much as the people that were around him on a daily basis.

I wouldn't trust Courtney's dad, that's quite a character, I doubt he even knew Kurt well seeing as Courtney and her dad never got along, and he has probably made quite some money on the books he has been writing about all of this. And when it comes down to El Duce... does anyone believe that guy? 

I don't disagree with what a psycho Courtney is and how manipulative she is, she's a total nutcase. But again, people who were close to him, bandmates, managers, friends, family, his mother and sister, they all think it was suicide and they know a lot more than people like Tom Grant or people like us on the internet. 

P.S. I Love Dexter, but the show goes on for too long. At the end I really had to force myself to finish it because the quality of the seasons really drops. Loved the first seasons, though!

Edited by EvanG

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

I like Courtney Love personally, the world needs more mad shameless bitches, in the best sense of the word ‘shameless’.  Her musics shite but Courtney the person is cool.

Hole isn't half bad, especially the record Celebrity Skin, which was more poppy and melodic compared to the earlier records. Plus she has a great rock scream voice for a woman. As a human being I wouldn't want anything to do with her, extroverted, attention seeking drama queen. 

Edited by EvanG

45 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Hole isn't half bad, especially the record Celebrity Skin, which was more poppy and melodic compared to the earlier records. Plus she has a great rock scream voice for a woman. As a human being I wouldn't want anything to do with her, extroverted, attention seeking drama queen. 

‘For a woman’, g’awn Evan, ya big feminist you :lol:  As I say the music don’t do much for me but I like the extroverted attention seeking drama queen.  In a really slapper-ish way, with an artistic bent, its a good little mix, she strikes me as a person that makes shit happen, for better or for worse.  Usually worse.

Edited by Len Cnut

11 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

‘For a woman’, g’awn Evan, ya big feminist you :lol:  As I say the music don’t do much for me but I like the extroverted attention seeking drama queen.  In a really slapper-ish way, with an artistic bent, its a good little mix, she strikes me as a person that makes shit happen, for better or for worse.

You know, that raspy, screamy voice... I don't know too many women in rock/pop who can scream like that... Kim Shattuck (R.I.P.) of The Muffs, that girl in Guano Apes... can't think of many other ones off the top of my head.

I know what you mean, though, she's definitely entertaining, especially back in the 90's when she flashed her tits at every show...

Speaking of suicide, when I look at the movies I watched in the last two weeks...

On 24-5-2020 at 1:57 AM, EvanG said:

The Man Without a Face (1993)

On 29-5-2020 at 1:51 PM, EvanG said:

Midsommar (2019)

On 31-5-2020 at 9:31 PM, EvanG said:

The Virgin Suicides (1999)

On 2-6-2020 at 12:30 AM, EvanG said:

Mary and Max (2009)

On 2-6-2020 at 2:39 AM, EvanG said:

Leaving Las Vegas (1995)

9 hours ago, EvanG said:

Seven (1995)

...one more depressing than the next, it's amazing I haven't slit my own wrist yet. Maybe it's time for a comedy...

Action movies usually bore me unless they are done really well, and most aren't, but I always enjoyed Point Break, particularly Patrick Swayze. I have no idea why they did a remake in 2015 but I have no desire to watch it.

Mirage Men

About govt disinfo in the US UFOlogy community. Watched on YT and thought it was a fictional piece made in a documentary style. Really enjoyed it through that lens. Then I check IMDB and its listed as an actual documentary. Huh, cool, I guess I take it with a grain of salt then. Really neat watch though, recommend for all ufo fans.

Joker

I found this movie very sad. Too many mental patients go without medication or help from any doctors.

Joaquin played the part of Arthur so well. He showed all the emotions that a person with mental problems has.

This movie was made 2 years or more ago. I actually felt like I was watching what was happening in our country today.

It is a movie that makes you re-think things and I think that's very good for all of us.

It showed the dark side to humanity and unfortunately so true for some people.

Mississippi Burning (1988) by Alan Parker

Cast: Gene Hackman, Willem Dafoe, Frances McDormand, Brad Dourif, R. Lee Ermey, Michael Rooker, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Stephen Tobolowsky, Kevin Dunn

Music: Trevor Jones

Cinematography: Peter Biziou

I've always loved this movie. It's probably in my top 20. For obvious reasons, my girlfriend and I refreshed it last Saturday. Anyway, Alan Parker in his prime, Gene Hackman as brilliant as always, wonderful supporting cast, Trevor Jones' powerful and haunting score, very accurate background. This film is perfect from start to finish. Definitely the best picture of 1988, much better than 'Rain Man'.

Now, I started to like baseball. ;)

"A member of what?"

Thanks for the beer. :lol:

Edited by Drexl
  • Like 1