"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Its basically a fuckin' football version of The Longest Yard, ever see that, the Adam Sandler film where he ends up going to prison and making a prison NFL team?  Rock n Rolla got fucking slaughtered by the critics but I loved it myself. 

Yeah, true, but with jason Statham and Vinnie Jones and most of the crazy bunch who are always in Guy's movies, it was super fun to watch.

17 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Its basically a fuckin' football version of The Longest Yard, ever see that, the Adam Sandler film where he ends up going to prison and making a prison NFL team?  Rock n Rolla got fucking slaughtered by the critics but I loved it myself. 

Have you seen the original The Longest Yard from 1974? It's a classic, with Burt Reynolds. 

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 1

Witches in the Woods

Not sure if there was a witch or what? but a lot of people died in this movie. Poor things. 

13 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Have you seen the original The Longest Yard from 1974? It's a classic, with Burt Reynolds. 

My mom saw the original with Burt, but she and her friend didn't understand football, but they were Burt fans. lol

Adam Sandler version was cool too. 

18 hours ago, Godspeed said:

I Tonya was great

I want to see this movie. Hope it comes on one of my cable channels. I don't like Allison Janney, but it looks like she plays her role well. It looks like you can really hate her! lol

"21 Bridges" with Chadwick Bosemane

Very good movie.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Alien (1979)

It lives up to its reputation. Everybody's favourite: phallic, male rape, sci-fi horror haha. 

I know it still stands up. My favorite is Aliens 2. Love the action and Will Paxton was so damn funny. Ripley kicked ass yet again.

"Get away from her you BITCH! Classic.

taking an interest in 80s blockbuster movies lately. top gun, back to the future, ghostbusters, batman, indiana jones.... those movies are all absolute classics. it's for good reason the 80s are such a beloved decade. the women were still beautiful, the story was still innocent entertainment without agenda's, there were no forced politics, no CGI, good acting....

I could watch these movies all day long

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sosso said:

Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood 

Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan 

Two of my favorite Friday the 13th movies. I love Part 6 Jason Lives too.

My family and I met Kane Hodder in a haunted house park a long time ago. He was promoting Part 8. He was super nice. have met him a few times after that in different horror conventions. The man is so tall. He was a great Jason and Victor Crowley too.

There's this show called "Svengoolie" on a local Dallas tv channel and every week they show old time horror movies from and 1930's and up.

Last night was "The Night of the Lepus" about giant killer rabbits. lol It was crazy. I love when Svengoolie tells you little funny things during the breaks of the movie. Anyway, I felt bad for the rabbits. Man fucked up once again.

1 hour ago, action said:

taking an interest in 80s blockbuster movies lately. top gun, back to the future, ghostbusters, batman, indiana jones.... those movies are all absolute classics. it's for good reason the 80s are such a beloved decade. the women were still beautiful, the story was still innocent entertainment without agenda's, there were no forced politics, no CGI, good acting....

I could watch these movies all day long

I know the 80's had some cool movies as well as music. That was such a fun decade.

16 hours ago, Rovim said:

Pineapple Express (2008)

Another funny movie. James Franco was so damn funny.

Aliens (1986)

It is the aesthetic change more than anything. It is curious watching them back-to-back after so many years. The iconic quasi-feminist Ripley really only transpired in the second. In the first film she is a surprisingly passive figure - actually rather in the background, at least initially.  Ripley does demonstrate a bit of intelligence on Ash's duplicity and shows a bit of ingenuity on how she flushes the alien out of the hatch in finale, but fundamentally she is reacting to events. She scrapes through. She survives. In Aliens she becomes the arse kicking action queen. 

I do prefer the first film - more horrifying, mysterious and slow - yet there is so much to enjoy about the second, most of all the banter among the marines. Apparently Cameron hated filming at Pinewood because his British crew A/ all worked on the original and were Ridley Scott devotees (who is this yank imposture?) and B/ kept having tea breaks haha.

And all that. After all that. Newt and Hicks died!!!! You go to the trouble of going back into the base and rescuing Newt. You kill the queen. Everyone goes into stasis. Happy ending seemingly. And what transpired? What transpired? Crap sequel time is what transpired. ''A face-hugger ehh must've snuck onboard and messed everything up and Newt and Hicks died and you end up a skinhead arsing around with a load of cockney monks in Blyth Power Station''. Bollocks.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Aliens (1986)

It is the aesthetic change more than anything. It is curious watching them back-to-back after so many years. The iconic quasi-feminist Ripley really only transpired in the second. In the first film she is a surprisingly passive figure - actually rather in the background, at least initially.  Ripley does demonstrate a bit of intelligence on Ash's duplicity and shows a bit of ingenuity on how she flushes the alien out of the hatch in finale, but fundamentally she is reacting to events. She scrapes through. She survives. In Aliens she becomes the arse kicking action queen. 

I do prefer the first film - more horrifying, mysterious and slow - yet there is so much to enjoy about the second, most of all the banter among the marines. Apparently Cameron hated filming at Pinewood because his British crew A/ all worked on the original and were Ridley Scott devotees (who is this yank imposture?) and B/ kept having tea breaks haha.

And all that. After all that. Newt and Hicks died!!!! You go to the trouble of going back into the base and rescuing Newt. You kill the queen. Everyone goes into stasis. Happy ending seemingly. And what transpired? What transpired? Crap sequel time is what transpired. ''A face-hugger ehh must've snuck onboard and messed everything up and Newt and Hicks died and you end up a skinhead arsing around with a load of cockney monks in Blyth Power Station''. Bollocks.

Went to see Aliens at the cinema a couple of years ago and though it was still awesome the scene where they fly back into the facility as it's exploding looked shonky as fuck. It may sound like sacrilege but I'd be cool with some of those shittier effects being CGI'd out in a future release. See also Arnie's eye in T1.  

14 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Went to see Aliens at the cinema a couple of years ago and though it was still awesome the scene where they fly back into the facility as it's exploding looked shonky as fuck. It may sound like sacrilege but I'd be cool with some of those shittier effects being CGI'd out in a future release. See also Arnie's eye in T1.  

Rubbish. You do speak a load of shite these days, 

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Criticising Arnie's eye on Terminator? As they say where I live: fuck yee. Stick to Captain America 3. These were proper films.

To be fair that was maybe a step too far and I shall self flagellate accordingly. :lol: 

The bit in Aliens did look shit though.

5 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

There's this show called "Svengoolie" on a local Dallas tv channel and every week they show old time horror movies from and 1930's and up.

Last night was "The Night of the Lepus" about giant killer rabbits. lol It was crazy. I love when Svengoolie tells you little funny things during the breaks of the movie. Anyway, I felt bad for the rabbits. Man fucked up once again.

I loved watching Svengoolie movies but Metv isn't on my package anymore. It sucks because I love Star Trek and Columbo. But yeah, Night Of The Lepus is a classic. One of those so bad that it's good movies.

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Really? Fuck me! :o Get the first two watched right now! :lol: The rest I wouldn't bother with but the first two are absolute classics.

I was never into that Sci Fi space monster shit.  The only ones I ever really watched were Arnie driven i.e. Total Recall, Predator.  But yeah, I'll give em a go next time I get the chance. 

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I was never into that Sci Fi space monster shit.  The only ones I ever really watched were Arnie driven i.e. Total Recall, Predator.  But yeah, I'll give em a go next time I get the chance. 

Alien is just a haunted house movie set in space. The second one is an all out action movie. Imagine Terminator 2 with tentacles. :lol: