"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

On 9/27/2020 at 10:04 PM, Dazey said:

She loved it. We’re going to see Rocky IV tomorrow. :D 

rQHCdd5.jpg 

You can't take a kid to a rated 12 film can you?  I mean I know the yanks can take their kids to an 18 movie if accompanied by an adult, didn't know that was the case with kids.  Why's she got her school bag with her? :lol:

21 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You can't take a kid to a rated 12 film can you?  I mean I know the yanks can take their kids to an 18 movie if accompanied by an adult, didn't know that was the case with kids.  Why's she got her school bag with her? :lol:

Got to have somewhere to hide my Stella innit? :lol: 

It’s a 12A which means kids can go if they’re with an adult. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Got to have somewhere to hide my Stella innit? :lol: 

It’s a 12A which means kids can go if they’re with an adult. 

You know what McLeod, you're a fuckin' genius, I'm gonna do that from now on, why did that not occur to me before? (perhaps because its a proper pikey move that I ain't done since I was a teenager? :lol:). 

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You know what McLeod, you're a fuckin' genius, I'm gonna do that from now on, why did that not occur to me before? (perhaps because its a proper pikey move that I ain't done since I was a teenager? :lol:). 

You were the one bleating on about the bar being shut in the pictures last week. I’m just one step ahead is all. :lol: 

On 10/13/2020 at 9:13 PM, lame ass security said:

I've always liked Halloween 3: Season of the Witch. I'm a big Tom Atkins fan and they had some imaginative kills.

I know I love that movie too. I had the pleasure of meeting Tom at a horror convention and he was so nice and funny. Love this time of year because of the many horror movies that channels air. I was watching Pumpkinhead and I love that movie, but it's also very sad. I met Lance Hendrickson at another horror convention in Dallas and he was just so nice. And very handsome for an older man.

I actually love all the Halloween movies even though we're supposed to forget them now that the newer Halloween had Michael in a mental hospital for over 40 years. lol

On 10/13/2020 at 8:05 AM, EvanG said:

10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)

Great performance by John Goodman, as always.

I liked this movie better than the Cloverfield. I hate when a movie is seen through a phone or a camera. Not a fan.

• Like 1

I don't know if you know anything about Lance Henriksen but that guy is a triumph and inspiration. He was illiterate until adulthood and followed his dreams of becoming an actor. Unbelievable stuff.

18 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I know I love that movie too. I had the pleasure of meeting Tom at a horror convention and he was so nice and funny. Love this time of year because of the many horror movies that channels air. I was watching Pumpkinhead and I love that movie, but it's also very sad. I met Lance Hendrickson at another horror convention in Dallas and he was just so nice. And very handsome for an older man.

I actually love all the Halloween movies even though we're supposed to forget them now that the newer Halloween had Michael in a mental hospital for over 40 years. lol

I liked this movie better than the Cloverfield. I hate when a movie is seen through a phone or a camera. Not a fan.

I wanted to quote you about Lance Henriksen but I screwed up so it's the next post down.

23 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I don't know if you know anything about Lance Henriksen but that guy is a triumph and inspiration. He was illiterate until adulthood and followed his dreams of becoming an actor. Unbelievable stuff.

I wanted to quote you about Lance Henriksen but I screwed up so it's the next post down.

I didn't know that about Lance, but I've always loved his work. He was such a nice guy when I met him. We discussed how many of his roles were such sad ones. I then told him how a great actor he is. He thanked me, but it's obvious the guy can act. No matter what movie he is in you feel his presence.  So happy when I hear about amazingly nice people making their dreams come true.

I watched Thirteen Ghosts with Tony Shaloub. I also love the original one from the 60's, but this one was so cool with those monsters that were in this version. Shannon Elizabeth is also in it.

• Like 1

Few serial killer films,

To Catch a Killer (TV, 1992)

I remember seeing this years ago, and - forget First Blood - it is probably Brian Dennehy's best performance (''say please...say please''). Drunken Margaret Kidder cameo aside, great little detective thriller which largely follows investigative realism.

Manhunt: Search for the Night Stalker (TV, 1989) 

Similarly effective as above. You'll find these both on youtube.

Zodiac (2007)

Is there a Robert Downey Jr role in which he doesn't play Robert Downey Jr? 

Monster (2003)

Despite the accolades, I didn't really like this film.

11 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The Gorgon with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee. Love these old movies with these amazing actors.

Wonderful. I have this on DVD somewhere. Cushing said it was ''the worst film he ever starred'' haha. A gloriously enjoyable cheapo in my opinion from the golden age of English horror. 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Few serial killer films,

To Catch a Killer (TV, 1992)

I remember seeing this years ago, and - forget First Blood - it is probably Brian Dennehy's best performance (''say please...say please''). 

Love that movie. Remember watching it on the telly about 25 years ago. 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Drunken Margaret Kidder cameo aside,

You sure it was a cameo and she didn't just randomly wander onto the set after getting into the cooking sherry? :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I literally just watched this. That judge and the rest on the side of evil were real pieces of shit eh? Depressing those types are still around despite the honorable efforts of the good and the brave of the past.

Mystic River

5/5

Yeah, that judge was completely clueless. Good film and good performances too. With Sacha Baron Cohen I was afraid that I was only going to see him as Borat or Brüno throughout the movie, but he delivered a good performance as well. I watched some clips of Abbie Hoffman afterwards and Cohen nailed the accent.

Mystic River is a great film too by the way!