"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Few serial killer films,

To Catch a Killer (TV, 1992)

I remember seeing this years ago, and - forget First Blood - it is probably Brian Dennehy's best performance (''say please...say please''). Drunken Margaret Kidder cameo aside, great little detective thriller which largely follows investigative realism.

Manhunt: Search for the Night Stalker (TV, 1989) 

Similarly effective as above. You'll find these both on youtube.

Zodiac (2007)

Is there a Robert Downey Jr role in which he doesn't play Robert Downey Jr? 

Monster (2003)

Despite the accolades, I didn't really like this film.

Wonderful. I have this on DVD somewhere. Cushing said it was ''the worst film he ever starred'' haha. A gloriously enjoyable cheapo in my opinion from the golden age of English horror. 

I like this movie alot. Not sure why but I did like it. It's been on some local channel for the whole month. I didn't know Medusa had sisters. lol

Halloween

Thirteen Ghosts

Love how alot of channels are showing all scary Halloween movies all month long!

Never get tired of seeing the original Halloween. it still has the tension no matter how many times I see it.

On 10/21/2020 at 5:54 AM, EvanG said:

Yeah, that judge was completely clueless. Good film and good performances too. With Sacha Baron Cohen I was afraid that I was only going to see him as Borat or Brüno throughout the movie, but he delivered a good performance as well. I watched some clips of Abbie Hoffman afterwards and Cohen nailed the accent.

Mystic River is a great film too by the way!

I saw Mystic River in the movie theatre. It was a great movie. Sean Penn played an excellent part. Very moving and sad too.

The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)

I love this film.  It was written by a Klansman y’know, the original book.  To me though, the Eastwood directed movie is about the inhumanity of war and how it leaves no side innocent.  One of my favourite movies and perhaps the best thing Clint Eastwood ever directed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)

I love this film.  It was written by a Klansman y’know, the original book.  To me though, the Eastwood directed movie is about the inhumanity of war and how it leaves no side innocent.  One of my favourite movies and perhaps the best thing Clint Eastwood ever directed.

Not sure why but the one Clint Eastwood film that I always remember is The Beguiled. Must have been because it was always on ITV back in the 80's when I was at my grandparent's so I watched it a bunch of times as a kid. 

11 hours ago, Dazey said:

Not sure why but the one Clint Eastwood film that I always remember is The Beguiled. Must have been because it was always on ITV back in the 80's when I was at my grandparent's so I watched it a bunch of times as a kid. 

Cuz you’re a fuckin’ pervert and there’s an erotic aspect to it? :lol:   Nah, that is a cracking film though.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

On 10/24/2020 at 5:50 PM, Dazey said:

Paint a Wagon for me. One of Clint's greats. :lol:

Watched

Scare Me

Haunt

9 hours ago, Spuffy78 said:

Paint a Wagon for me. One of Clint's greats. :lol:

Watched

Scare Me

Haunt

Paint Your Wagon, y’fuckin’ heathen, paint a wagon, sounds like a bit on sesame street.  God that film was awful, I remember taping it off the telly and it was fuckin’ shite, like why the fuck are Lee Marvin and Clint singing?  OMG, ACTORS REALLY ARE ALL GAY!  Not Lee Marvin though...thats like the day you find out God don’t exist.

• Haha 1

On 10/31/2020 at 1:41 PM, YouCouldBeMine_2029 said:

Halloween (1978)

:popcorn:

This movie has been on all week and I've watched it all week. Halloween is still one of the best all time horror films. I still get anxious when Michael is stalking all the teens.  John Carpenter's music score is freaking amazing.

I watched:

Black Christmas 2019  It's story was basically the same as the other two versions of this movie, but the ending was different. It was okay, but I like the other versions better.

2 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

This movie has been on all week and I've watched it all week. Halloween is still one of the best all time horror films. I still get anxious when Michael is stalking all the teens.  John Carpenter's music score is freaking amazing.

I watched:

Black Christmas 2019  It's story was basically the same as the other two versions of this movie, but the ending was different. It was okay, but I like the other versions better.

Yeah, the original Black Christmas is great. Hope it's on a lot this season.

1 minute ago, lame ass security said:

Yeah, the original Black Christmas is great. Hope it's on a lot this season.

I think it was on a local channel the other night here in Dallas. The up dated version was on too.

This new BC was slow at first and the last half hour it got crazy.  I think the original version with a crazed serial killer living in the attic was way more believable. lol

The [First] Great Train Robbery (1978)

A very casually paced film, often dragging in between the set pieces, but it's held together but a colourful cast and a thrilling conclusion. I wish the train sequence arrived sooner so it could be longer. An impressive bit of stuntwork from Sean Connery.