"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

Anyone noticed that IMDBs "known for" section on actor/director/etc profiles has turned to complete shit?

I was watching The Thing (1982) last week and later went onto Kurt Russells profile and appearantly he's known for The Hateful 8, Escape from LA, Executive Decision and Tango and Cash.

Surely he's more known for The Thing, Tombstone, Miracle, Bone Tomahawk, Escape from NY, GotG2, Big Trouble..., Deepwater Horizon, Christmas Chronicles or Stargate?

Having Escape from LA on it instead of NY, like wtf? I'd never even heard of ED or T&C.. I dunno, maybe it's just Kurt Russells page that's messed up, or my knowledge of him and his movies are questionable.

Passenger 57 (1992)

I thought i remember this being better but its awful. Like why would you put an airplane hijacker on a god damn commercial flight for one. It seems so rushed like someone had a premise of Die Hard on a plane and quickly scribbled a script down on a napkin before some other unoriginal schmuck came up with it.

11 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Passenger 57 (1992)

I thought i remember this being better but its awful. Like why would you put an airplane hijacker on a god damn commercial flight for one. It seems so rushed like someone had a premise of Die Hard on a plane and quickly scribbled a script down on a napkin before some other unoriginal schmuck came up with it.

Was that with Wesley Snipes? Saw that years ago. I thought it was okay, but I love Wesley

Okay, I watched "Hereditary" with Toni Collette and Gabriel Byrne and their daughter was a very weird looking kid, sorry to say.

Anyway, very confusing. You don't figure it out, even then it was confusing, until the end. I watched Eli Roth's History of Horror so I knew what the grandmother was because they gave it away. Honestly, it was very weird and I wish I could get those 2 hours of the movie back.

And the ending wasn't anything you've never seen before. I had to laugh when they were talking about this "thing" won't give away what it was, would destroy the earth. I was like Humans are doing that themselves without any out worldly help.

I looked forward to seeing this movie, but was disappointed.

On 1/13/2021 at 1:39 PM, CheapJon said:

Anyone noticed that IMDBs "known for" section on actor/director/etc profiles has turned to complete shit?

I was watching The Thing (1982) last week and later went onto Kurt Russells profile and appearantly he's known for The Hateful 8, Escape from LA, Executive Decision and Tango and Cash.

Surely he's more known for The Thing, Tombstone, Miracle, Bone Tomahawk, Escape from NY, GotG2, Big Trouble..., Deepwater Horizon, Christmas Chronicles or Stargate?

Having Escape from LA on it instead of NY, like wtf? I'd never even heard of ED or T&C.. I dunno, maybe it's just Kurt Russells page that's messed up, or my knowledge of him and his movies are questionable.

I love Kurt Russell such a great actor. He's been in a ton of movies. He has done a lot of movies with Director John Carpenter. He rocks any movie he has done.

I totally love Big Trouble in little China. My daughter loves that movie too. 

And Escape from NY was awesome. I think that if we keep having so many criminals in the jails, one day we might have to pick a state to house them all, but not New York. Maybe Iowa lol

On 1/13/2021 at 7:39 PM, CheapJon said:

Bone Tomahawk isn't really well known at all. Tango and Cash was a biggy too depending on the era you're from but if you know Escape from New York, The Thing and Tombstone I'm surprised you don't know about Tango and Cash. Deepwater Horizon also not a biggy as far as I know. 

16 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

As Good as it Gets...forgot how good this movie is. 

32 minutes ago, Rovim said:

masterpiece. Melvin Udall is such a great character and the casting was perfect. Must have watched that movie 15 times since it came out.

Love that movie so much. Just put it on Netflix after reading your posts. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, -W.A.R- said:

That was all i was looking for but i found it to be bad in a bland way. I think my memory may have been conflating it a bit with that Ray Liotta film Turbulence.

That's cool. Not everyone is entertained by it! But not sure I have ever seen Turbulence and I do like Ray Liotta. Will have to check that out.

The Dead Zone (1983)

If i didn't know Cronenberg directed this, i would have never guessed it was him. Very restrained effort. I thought it was okay/pretty good as far as King adaptions go. However before i watched it i thought the political angle was going to be a bigger part of the story. That ended up only being the last 15 minutes or so. So i was expecting something a little different.

"Deathtrap" with Michael Caine and Christopher Reeves

"Friday the 13Th, part 2 and 3.

The Entity

The Beast with Five Fingers  it was on the Svengoolie show.

On 1/18/2021 at 7:08 PM, -W.A.R- said:

The Dead Zone (1983)

If i didn't know Cronenberg directed this, i would have never guessed it was him. Very restrained effort. I thought it was okay/pretty good as far as King adaptions go. However before i watched it i thought the political angle was going to be a bigger part of the story. That ended up only being the last 15 minutes or so. So i was expecting something a little different.

Good movie and I loved the tv series with Anthony Michael Hall.

On 1/17/2021 at 4:47 AM, marlingrl03 said:

As Good as it Gets...forgot how good this movie is. 

And I like Passenger 57. Just a pure fluffy entertaining movie. 

On 1/17/2021 at 8:34 PM, Rovim said:

masterpiece. Melvin Udall is such a great character and the casting was perfect. Must have watched that movie 15 times since it came out.

On 1/17/2021 at 9:08 PM, Dazey said:

Love that movie so much. Just put it on Netflix after reading your posts. 

I also liked Something's Gotta Give. A bit different, more romantic etc., but also good, and great thespian showmanship again. 

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Film

They could have just let the series end tje way it did, as this movie served no real purpose, other than Jesse getting a fresh start. What about the White's? I was way more imvested in his family than I was Jesse.

Colour Out Of Space

I really liked this one. Never read the novel but putting Nick Cage on the screen is usually interesting. Love him in Mandy as well.

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

I was channel surfing last night and came across Suicide Squad and watched some of it. What a joke, it was some disjointed pieced together string of scenes from what I saw.  Leto's Joker wasn't even the main character and Will Smith was just being Will Smith.  

Yeah, it's a load of shit. The Harley Quinn spin off is a lot of fun though.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2021 at 7:08 PM, -W.A.R- said:

The Dead Zone (1983)

I've always really liked this one. Spot on with your Cronenberg comment, I feel the same way. Walken was great and I thought the supporting cast was also. Herbert Lom, Martin Sheen, Brooke Adams, Anthony Zerbe, and Tom Skerritt(I swear the guy has been in half the movies ever made. Lol.) Top notch performances all around.