Jump to content

"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Departed. Always a good decision. 

The original shits all over Terminator 2. T2 is an awesome movie but not in the same league as the original.

Jackie Brown   

Posted Images

The [First] Great Train Robbery (1978)

A very casually paced film, often dragging in between the set pieces, but it's held together but a colourful cast and a thrilling conclusion. I wish the train sequence arrived sooner so it could be longer. An impressive bit of stuntwork from Sean Connery.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A Hard Day's Night (1964) The two words that come to mind when describing this movie are charming and innocent. It just works, it was the perfect movie for The Beatles at the time. Kudos to the director, Richard Lester, for setting a perfect atmosphere. And to a great supporting cast. Being a yank I have to pay close attention to the dialogue because it's occasionally difficult to understand. But that just adds to the charm.

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2020 at 2:20 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I watched :

Horror Dracula with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee. I love those old Hammer movies. Still hold up today.

Hell yeah, one of my favorite Horror movies ever. Honestly might be number one. Such great atmosphere, pacing, and performances.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched 8mm (1999) for the first time. Honestly I don't know why this movie was so panned. I was thoroughly entertained by this one. James Gandolfini is brilliant in this. And a young Joquin Phoenix appears as in a buddy cop type role. This was in that great pre-9/11 era before everything became cheesy for several years...and just before Nic Cage got the reputation for being a meme rather than an actor lol.

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2020 at 5:17 PM, lame ass security said:

A Hard Day's Night (1964) The two words that come to mind when describing this movie are charming and innocent. It just works, it was the perfect movie for The Beatles at the time. Kudos to the director, Richard Lester, for setting a perfect atmosphere. And to a great supporting cast. Being a yank I have to pay close attention to the dialogue because it's occasionally difficult to understand. But that just adds to the charm.

Its such a great movie! I also love them in Help. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2020 at 8:17 PM, lame ass security said:

A Hard Day's Night (1964) The two words that come to mind when describing this movie are charming and innocent. It just works, it was the perfect movie for The Beatles at the time. Kudos to the director, Richard Lester, for setting a perfect atmosphere. And to a great supporting cast. Being a yank I have to pay close attention to the dialogue because it's occasionally difficult to understand. But that just adds to the charm.

My mom loved the Beatles. She saw this movie in the theater with her friends in 1964 or 65. Everyone was screaming and back then the Beatles were the first British band who did a movie and she remembers not understanding a word they said! lol She loved it. John was her favorite Beatle She loved his sense of humor. Anyway, she will still watch it when it's on tv and still loves it, but now she understands what they guys are saying. And the music. Amazing.

I watched

Monster Squad with my daughter. Loved this movie as a kid and still love it. 

On 11/9/2020 at 10:41 PM, marlingrl03 said:

Its such a great movie! I also love them in Help. 

Oh yeah, Help my mom totally loved. The music was awesome. Her favorite Beatle song is "hide your love away". The Beatles had a wicked sense of humor . Such fun movies. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2020 at 9:46 PM, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Just watched 8mm (1999) for the first time. Honestly I don't know why this movie was so panned. I was thoroughly entertained by this one. James Gandolfini is brilliant in this. And a young Joquin Phoenix appears as in a buddy cop type role. This was in that great pre-9/11 era before everything became cheesy for several years...and just before Nic Cage got the reputation for being a meme rather than an actor lol.

Love this movie. Saw it in the theater. I think it might have been one of Joaquin's first movies. It was so dark, but what a good movie. Nick Cage was awesome too. And hearing Danzig added to the darkness. It was such a sick subject, but it happens all the time.

On 11/9/2020 at 9:41 PM, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Hell yeah, one of my favorite Horror movies ever. Honestly might be number one. Such great atmosphere, pacing, and performances.

I know a good remake of the original Dracula. Cushing and Lee are just fantastic together even when they are enemies.

My mom also loves "Brides of Dracula" Such good memories of her going to the movies every Saturday with her dad and brother. they all loved horror movies and me and my daughter love them too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2020 at 12:44 AM, Oldest Goat said:

The Gift

4.7/5

 

The Lighthouse

5/5

YOU DON'T LIKE MY COOKIN'?!

Which "The Gift" movie is it? There were a few.

 

I saw a preview of The Lighthouse and it looked so confusing. Was it really that good and what exactly is it about?

I've seen: The Gift with Jason Bateman and the other with Kate Blanchette.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2020 at 9:46 PM, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Just watched 8mm (1999) for the first time. Honestly I don't know why this movie was so panned. I was thoroughly entertained by this one. James Gandolfini is brilliant in this. And a young Joquin Phoenix appears as in a buddy cop type role. This was in that great pre-9/11 era before everything became cheesy for several years...and just before Nic Cage got the reputation for being a meme rather than an actor lol.

It's been years since I've seen it but I totally agree. The Machine character was pretty ominous, then to discover he was just a loner weirdo. I would say that's pretty realistic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, lame ass security said:

It's been years since I've seen it but I totally agree. The Machine character was pretty ominous, then to discover he was just a loner weirdo. I would say that's pretty realistic. 

Yeah, my mom and I saw it and both loved the Joaquin character.  James G played such a bastard and the wife of the perv was a real bitch. We weren't surprised that she knew all about her husband's movies. Rich people usually cover for each other.  At least in the movies they do. lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2020 at 12:28 AM, YouCouldBeMine_2029 said:

The Bunker 2001 WW2

The Trench 1999 WW1 (on amazon prime)

Not very well known Movies but found them to be Quite Watchable. One from a German Perspective and one a British.

 

With James Bond and half the cast of Eastenders as I recall?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YouCouldBeMine_2029 said:

Currently Watching 'The Sorcerer' 1977.

A William Friedkin Movie. Tangerine Dream Soundtrack!

Very Underrated Movie!

Trivia - Steve Mcqueen Turned Down Lead Role.

 

I think this movie might've been hampered by the title. I had thought this was a middle ages Knights of the Roundtable thing, boy was I wrong. I'll have to check it out, I've always been a Roy Scheider fan. And Friedkin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2020 at 1:16 AM, lame ass security said:

I think this movie might've been hampered by the title. I had thought this was a middle ages Knights of the Roundtable thing, boy was I wrong. I'll have to check it out,

Quote

I've always been a Roy Scheider fan. And Friedkin.

 

I Hope you enjoy it as much I have!

:thumbsup:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

North By Northwest (1959)

Charade (1963)

Aside from both being contenders for my favourite film of all time, these films together make an excellent double feature. One critic once wrote that Charade is the greatest Hitchcock film that Hitchcock never made. It's overhyping it a little, perhaps, but all the ingredients are there and in many ways it feels like the spiritual successor to the former.

It's also safe to say that it is Cary Grant's last truly memorable film pre-retirement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...